CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, about the LATAM qualifier:

They changed to Colombia and Brazil qualifier just now in the Gfinity site, every brazilian team is in front of the xbox because the brazilian qualifier should start just now. Everyone did the check in and was ready to play, but the qualifier disappear, and now is "Colombia and Brazil", instead of 2pm here, the new qualifier will begin 9pm. I have team mates that cannot play 9pm because they move their commitments to further in the day so they can play now.

In a whatsapp group the players from Brazil are trying to figure out what is happening, because all of this happened without any explanation.

(As usual, sorry for the english, it's very difficult to explain this madness in another language)

If this was my job and I pulled shit like this, I would be fired.  

Btw your english is perfect lmao.  

What do you mean? It's going on right now as The Hunger Games to see what fans actually stick around with the constant screw ups by the HCS.

I volunteer my common sense and actually trying to not kill this community as tribute.

Smh, this kind of toxic attitude is why we don't know where Worlds is! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow this tournament continues to be a joke. How could they possibly regress so far from Worlds 2016?

Its like they are trying to screw up.

Maybe they are taking a reverse psychology approach. Fuck up bad enough and then everything after this will seem Tier 1.

So, about the LATAM qualifier:

They changed to Colombia and Brazil qualifier just now in the Gfinity site, every brazilian team is in front of the xbox because the brazilian qualifier should start just now. Everyone did the check in and was ready to play, but the qualifier disappear, and now is "Colombia and Brazil", instead of 2pm here, the new qualifier will begin 9pm. I have team mates that cannot play 9pm because they move their commitments to further in the day so they can play now.

In a whatsapp group the players from Brazil are trying to figure out what is happening, because all of this happened without any explanation.

(As usual, sorry for the english, it's very difficult to explain this madness in another language)

As usual, one step forward, the blast radius of a Fuel Rod backwards...

• Upvote (+1) 5

What do you mean? It's going on right now as The Hunger Games to see what fans actually stick around with the constant screw ups by the HCS.

I volunteer my common sense and actually trying to not kill this community as tribute.

There's no 343 shilling in here! MODS!  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm forced into playing these online qualifiers and deep down I know it's for naught

Sorry brother 

Maybe they are taking a reverse psychology approach. Fuck up bad enough and then everything after this will seem Tier 1.

IF they make the settings perfect now, there is nothing to change for next season. Kappa

Were we better off with Che?

Good lord almighty.

I don't even think anyone took his job. I think it's just everyone kinda pitching in with what Che's job was

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it bad that i have no real interest in watching this online qualifier? Ive enjoyed watching the crap thrown our way but i think 343 has killed my interest

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is it bad that i have no real interest in watching this online qualifier? Ive enjoyed watching the crap thrown our way but i think 343 has killed my interest

Is it bad I have no real interest in H5 right now. I barely watched any of UGC and have watched almost no Halo streams since then. Good job 343

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't let the fact that Club Penguin is ending on March 29th distract you from the fact that the LOCATION of the HALO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS has NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED yet.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is it bad I have no real interest in H5 right now. I barely watched any of UGC and have watched almost no Halo streams since then. Good job 343

UGC had some of the best series in H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The stakes are just so low. There are essentially zero consequences for most teams involved. The pros have no real need to play since they're all guaranteed top 7 seeding in Vegas; the biggest difference is they may move up or down one seed, but really there are no AM teams outside of INC and ALG that would be a problem for any of them (except Pnda and maybe LG) on LAN.

It's so anti-climactic to have a series of like 5 online single-elim tournaments just to establish seeding for a handful of AM teams. It's just sad that basically none of these events before Vegas even matter.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Were we better off with Che? 

Good lord almighty. 

It's hilarious because now we're just a chicken with our head cut off.

It's insane how much things have degraded.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hope 343 and HCS knows that the lack of teams attending events and low viewership is a reflection of how bad the league has been run since last Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 6

How bad is it that Che being completely clueless and non-communicative was better than what we currently have? How is that even possible?

They are going to announce at Vegas that Worlds will be in Burbank and this whole forum will rightly lose their respective minds. For some reason they think that these sorts of things HAVE to be announced on stream. Book your tickets now people. Its happening.

• Upvote (+1) 7