CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In a perfect world a buffed pistol is obviously the best solution. I can't really see that happening though.

They're so scared to shake things up.  A shake up is exactly what Halo needs.  A shake up back to it's roots. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Probably will get ambushed and negged for this but w/e it's just fictional forum rep right (and no I'm not looking to debate it, just putting my feelings out there). Honestly, I don't even see a major difference in gameplay without radar. Mind you, they are running random 8's so everyone tends to be overly aggressive and lack any real strategy anyway, so I struggle to draw conclusions from such gameplay. But I also didn't see it during the TB no-radar invitational either.  Also, the whole "need to get used to it" thing...most of these guys have played Halo with no radar forever, I'm sure they know how to play without it just fine. I feel like people are drastically overdoing the effect of removing a small area radar from the game, like all of a sudden it's a whole new game. And if "they have to get used it to" then why are we bothering drawing conclusions from their play right now then? (well, only if what the player says supports or viewpoint I guess. If not then the argument is "they need to get used to it first"...lol).

In the end, I hope they give the community no radar because they want it and I really don't think it's going to make a lick of difference in the long run anyway so why hell not? I see only positive coming from it honestly.

I do expect without radar people will "crouch" less and there will be less of those "ring around the rose" plays. But I don't think it is going to stop games from slowing down and becoming "campy", something that has occurred in Halo across multiple titles and especially so once teams get accustom to each others play styles. I really don't think it will make any noticeable impact on the use of automatics or other major issues like certain maps being snowbally. Those changes I feel are going to be caused by weapon placement, removal, and/or rebalance (and the effect will probably be incorrectly contributed to radar).

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They're so scared to shake things up.  A shake up is exactly what Halo needs.  A shake up back to it's roots. 

Hey, you're preaching to the choir here man.

I've barely played Halo since 09 because the gameplay has just been utter shit. Im mostly here because H5 is tolerable to watch. Playing is a whole different story.

Probably will get ambushed and negged for this but w/e (and no I'm not looking to debate it, just putting my feelings out there). Honestly, I don't even see a major difference in gameplay without radar. Mind you, they are running random 8's so everyone tends to be overly aggressive and lack any real strategy anyway, so I struggle to draw conclusions from such gameplay. But I also didn't see it during the TB no-radar invitational either.  Also, the whole "need to get used to it" thing...most of these guys have played Halo with no radar forever, I'm sure they know how to play without it just fine. I feel like people are drastically overdoing the effect of removing a small area radar from the game, like all of a sudden it's a whole new game. And if "they have to get used it to" then why are we bothering drawing conclusions from their play right now then? (well, only if what the player says supports or viewpoint I guess. If not then the argument is "they need to get used to it first"...lol).

In the end, I hope they give the community no radar because they want it and I really don't think it's going to make a lick of difference in the long run anyway so why hell not? I see only positive coming from it honestly.

I do expect without radar people will "crouch" less and there will be less of those "ring around the rose" plays. But I don't think it is going to stop games from slowing down and becoming "campy", something that has occurred in Halo across multiple titles and especially so once teams get accustom to each others play styles. I really don't think it will make any noticeable impact on the use of automatics or other major issues like certain maps being snowbally. Those changes I feel are going to be caused by weapon placement, removal, and/or rebalance (and the effect will probably be incorrectly contributed to radar).

I agree with you.  I posted a similar response several pages back and ended up -30 neg...maybe more now.  I hate how so much of the Halo community has become a close-minded, toxic, hive-mind about the topic of radar.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 19

No radar when force 343 to change a ton of parts about the game for it too work. Making it much more than simply turning off radar. Respawn times would need to be increased for obj and obviously spartan charge and ground pound would need to go.  And other rather drastic changes as well.

Thats fine and why we need the test list NOW so it can be implemented soonTMer rather than never

I hate how so much of the Halo community has become a close-minded, toxic, hive-mind about the topic of radar.

Well, for starters, I wouldn't say that if I wanted my opinion to be heard.

Insulting others makes people immediately shut you off.

You should try a different approach...

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played a BR start Beyond FFA the other day and as @SNIPERACTIVE said, it was pure aids. Tac Mag should be starting weapon every where. It's a no brainier. 

Thanks.

Not fun at all, and we played without anything on map.

Game play slows down because of the extended range, everyone just peeked a corner, fired two shots across the map, and waited for someone else to get an angle and put in the last two. When you try to push in, you'll get melted unbelievably fast, and if you don't, with the BR being easier to use in H5, you'll get foured often.

Ok, so this is obviously not the way to go. I thought the BR was dumb ever since I played in the Beyond FFAs, and I wondered if it was better or worse in a 4v4 situation. 

Now DMRs on the other hand... :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats fine and why we need the test list NOW so it can be implemented soonTMer rather than never

What I'm saying is all those changes make it a different game. Something obviously you guys might want. But many people actually like H5.

It's not as black and white as simply turning off radar and making the game 100x better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you.  I posted a similar response several pages back and ended up -30 neg...maybe more now.  I hate how so much of the Halo community has become a close-minded, toxic, hive-mind about the topic of radar.

Can you link to the comments you received which were toxic in response to that post?

Also, can we get @@Towey more support please? Hope people over on other Halo channels are checking it out and appreciate it. Because he has been making some excellent stuff lately.

Thought THIS was funny @@TheSimms said he'd blame @@StrongSide for radar and all settings and take him down with him. They had a good laugh about it.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

The competitive community has always been against radar lol.

All these concerns about how "chaotic" the game is without radar only serves to confirm how incredibly interesting the meta might be at this point had we been playing without radar this whole time.

Playing with radar is like playing poker and knowing 1/2 of your opponent's hole cards. It significantly reduces the expected outcomes and allows you to think less. Imagine the incredible plays that could be made by someone like Snakebite who might predict the action of an opponent because he thinks a lot about the game and understands the expected outcomes of a given scenario better than other players might. Or imagine the creativity that someone like Frosty could have in taking an entirely new action in a certain situation that takes another team completely by surprise.

I understand it's chaotic right now, but that's because everyone's been playing with free information for a year and not having to actually think about the full range of actions their opponents might be taking. With some more significant time spent playing without radar again, these guys will start to predict each other's actions (sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly), and it will massively bolster not only the competitiveness of the game, but also the excitement for the viewer.

Quite frankly, as many have been saying for months, there's no good argument for keeping radar place if the goal is to create the best competitive environment. I understand there's obviously someone at 343 that thinks there is a good reason, but whatever logic they're using is almost certainly fatally flawed.

Remove radar and let this game flourish.

well said

Well, for starters, I wouldn't say that if I wanted my opinion to be heard.

Insulting others makes people immediately shut you off.

You should try a different approach...

Oh really?  In a thread where 99% of the content is players bashing 343 with personal insults and negativity you think my touch was overboard?  I'll continue to get neg'd until I'm banned I guess.  Funny too because I'm probably the most optimistic personal about the current state of H5 and where it is headed yet here, of all places, is where I'm shunned.  Literally the only reason my comments have neg is because I've made a mention that I'm actually OK with the radar, has nothing to do with anything else.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 15

no radar may not end some levels of campyness at 47-48 kills, but we've seen way too many games end under 50 kills in slayer. e in finals e6 got so campy at 42 kills and tried to wait out a win. that is boring to watch for me. thank goodness 3sup beat them to spice it up, but slayer games where you milk  clock at the end. defending an objective against a fevered rush is fun but cratos hiding so he doesnt die with 1 minute left in the game shows staleness. i want a settings change as exciting as the format change

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh really?  In a thread where 99% of the content is players bashing 343 with personal insults and negativity you think my touch was overboard?  I'll continue to get neg'd until I'm banned I guess.  Funny too because I'm probably the most optimistic personal about the current state of H5 and where it is headed yet here, of all places, is where I'm shunned.  Literally the only reason my comments have neg is because I've made a mention that I'm actually OK with the radar, has nothing to do with anything else.

i havent seen personal insults to 343 employees. saying that the company is out of touch is both valid and impersonal. are we not allowed to call out the company for what we see as poor performance and an unwillingness to change?

I edited my post.  IMO, 4SK Magnum is a better solution. 

You will die more fast in this game, no thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you link to the comments you received which were toxic in response to that post?

Toxic is receiving 30 neg's just for stating my opinion on actually liking radar.  How is that not toxic?  I actually don't know how to give you a link to someone else's quote reply of my original comment. I found one just glancing back that I was going to share.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Ever hear the saying, 2 wrongs don't make a right?

I wouldn't use other peoples bad behavior to support my own.

Just friendly advice.

You will die more fast in this game, no thanks.

Lol. I'm guessing you're not a fan of the best Halo game are you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i havent seen personal insults to 343 employees. saying that the company is out of touch is both valid and impersonal. are we not allowed to call out the company for what we see as poor performance and an unwillingness to change?

This is out of context, if you want to reply to what I said you should see what this was in response to.  Or just neg and move along as you did.  And if you think the most anyone here has accused 343 of is simply being "out of touch" then I have nothing else to say.

The competitive community has always been against radar lol.

Not really. There was never an argument in the past over the radar, it was a given that it made the game objectively worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ever hear the saying, 2 wrongs don't make a right?

I wouldn't use other peoples bad behavior to support my own.

Just friendly advice.

You can keep it.  You accuse me of tossing around insults when I actually went out of my way to give a PR reply to all the negativity here.  Nothing I said is even close to what I see page after page on here. 

• Downvote (-1) 9

watch my stream it's actually pretty easy

Maybe, it was just my first time playing it, it just seemed that I could walk spike Nades and not worry about the bridges knowing I was there, and when it was a standoff flanks were all caught with callouts instead of radar.

Also not watching your stream unless you put the right title buddy