CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This team would be dope. I might have missed a beat, are there any replays of them playing together?

Check bubu's stream from last night. They played OG, no radar, like 11 or 12 games. I don't remember exactly, but they might've won 7-5 or something.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone played BR start 8s? Is that fun? I've generally been on the side of keeping the loadout how it is, but I'm open to change if it's better with BRs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If the pros are having to fight for the absolute basics, that's a bit worrying. The fact that 343's vision (minus the pro team) is equal to a game without everything in that list, makes me feel like we're pushing back a wave with a paddle.

But pro team is part of 343. Why make the distinction?

Every single halo game has likely had similar disputes regarding basic issues. Bungie considered implimentimg sprint in h2.

How quickly we forget how bungie 'ruined' halo 2 by removing 'basics' like fall damage, health packs, and a skillful yet powerful utility weapon.

Or again with h3s BR and equipment.

And again with Reach's bloom and Armor abilities.

There's always going to be multiple views on a team. The best we can do is hope that the bad ideas get weeded out. I just listed a few bad ideas that DIDN'T get weeded out in the classic Halo games. People are complaining now that pro team DID help weed out a bad idea. Shits cray.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No radar needs a solid few weeks of testing and the pros adjusting to the difference in how gametypes and maps play without radar.

Seeing people starting to compromise on here is ridiculous. It should be radar is either in or out completely no middle ground BS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No radar when force 343 to change a ton of parts about the game for it too work. Making it much more than simply turning off radar. Respawn times would need to be increased for obj and obviously spartan charge and ground pound would need to go.  And other rather drastic changes as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But pro team is part of 343. Why make the distinction?

Every single halo game has likely had similar disputes regarding basic issues. Bungie considered implimentimg sprint in h2.

How quickly we forget how bungie 'ruined' halo 2 by removing 'basics' like fall damage, health packs, and a skillful yet powerful utility weapon.

Or again with h3s BR and equipment.

And again with Reach's bloom and Armor abilities.

There's always going to be multiple views on a team. The best we can do is hope that the bad ideas get weeded out. I just listed a few bad ideas that DIDN'T get weeded out in the classic Halo games. People are complaining now that pro team DID help weed out a bad idea. Shits cray.

Nobody is complaining about about the pro team weeding out bad ideas. Find me the post where someone says that.

What people are complaining about is the fact that, as said by Neighbor, the pro team had to go to an immense amount of effort to convince 343 of something as obvious as the fact that descoping should be in the game. It makes us feel like other obvious changes will either not be fixed or will take so long that people will have lost interest in Halo 5 competitive by the time the issues are fixed.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that pro team does nothing or doesn't know what they're doing, but the fundamental problem is that if you have to work hard to get basic Halo mechanics like de-scope and DROPPING THE FLAG in the game, there are clearly people part of the design process who have no idea what the hell they are doing and need to shut up and sit down. The list presented is basically undoing the bad ideas copied from CoD in H4, making sure the spawns (on the launch maps) aren't complete shit, and making the weapon balance worse than H4. Really, what this suggests to me is that the laundry list of problems with the game from a design perspective came down to battles lost at the drawing board by people who actually liked how Halo played to people enamored by how "like a super soldier" they feel when flying around a corner at a 90 degree angle to make someone absolute. Sure, sprint is still in the game, but at least it's less cancerous than it was in the last two games, right? RIGHT?!

​Oh, what I would give for an alternate universe 343 Industries that treated Halo like The Coalition treats Gears. Do it right before you try to do it differently. A "pro team" should not be wasting their time undoing idiotic changes that shouldn't have been made to begin with. They should be making a good Halo game even better. That's not the 343 pro team's fault. That's a problem with the studio overall.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody is complaining about about the pro team weeding out bad ideas. Find me the post where someone says that.

What people are complaining about is the fact that, as said by Neighbor, the pro team had to go to an immense amount of effort to convince 343 of something as obvious as the fact that descoping should be in the game. It makes us feel like other obvious changes will either not be fixed or will take so long that people will have lost interest in Halo 5 competitive by the time the issues are fixed.

Like i said, this dynamic is not unique to ANY halo game. I listed several examples of bungie games where similar fights for or against 'obvious' scenarios were actually LOST in the final retail game.

So people acting like 343 is the first dev team to be saved from a bad idea is silly. It's a part of game development.

They didn't have the right people to weed out bad ideas when they made Halo 4, so they hired people to help with that in Halo 5. That's a logical step.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just out of curiosity, has anyone played BR start 8s? Is that fun? I've generally been on the side of keeping the loadout how it is, but I'm open to change if it's better with BRs.

I played a BR start Beyond FFA the other day and as @SNIPERACTIVE said, it was pure aids. Tac Mag should be starting weapon every where. It's a no brainier. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played a BR start beyond the other day and as @SNIPERACTIVE said, it was pure aids. Tac Mag should be starting weapon every where. It's a no brainier. 

What's the Tac Mag do differently than the normal mag? I barely play Halo 5 so I don't know.

Not fun at all, and we played without anything on map.

Game play slows down because of the extended range, everyone just peeked a corner, fired two shots across the map, and waited for someone else to get an angle and put in the last two. When you try to push in, you'll get melted unbelievably fast, and if you don't, with the BR being easier to use in H5, you'll get foured often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played a BR start beyond the other day and as @SNIPERACTIVE said, it was pure aids. 

I think BR starts have pros and cons in H5.

Pro

It's an effective nerf to the autos as the BR obviously does a much better job of keeping them in check then the pistol does.

it also does a better job contesting the insanely easy to use sniper in this game.

Cons

BR vs BR fights are way shittier than pistol vs pistol fights in literally every way.

The game becomes even more about teamshooting which honestly isn't the way to go as H5 is the least teamshot oriented game since Combat evolved.

Honestly both the H5 BR and H5 pistol are pretty awful spawn weapons. The pistol is just too weak in comparison to the rest of the sandbox and the BR is way too easy to use.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What's the Tac Mag do differently than the normal mag? I barely play Halo 5 so I don't know.

The Tac Mag zooms like the Halo C.E. pistol and you actually feel like you can get shots across maps. It also sounds and looks pretty cool. 

The zoom alone is the selling point.  I can't stand the smart scope on the default magnum. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't think anyone is suggesting that pro team does nothing or doesn't know what they're doing, but the fundamental problem is that if you have to work hard to get basic Halo mechanics like de-scope and DROPPING THE FLAG in the game, there are clearly people part of the design process who have no idea what the hell they are doing and need to shut up and sit down. The list presented is basically undoing the bad ideas copied from CoD in H4, making sure the spawns (on the launch maps) aren't complete shit, and making the weapon balance worse than H4. Really, what this suggests to me is that the laundry list of problems with the game from a design perspective came down to battles lost at the drawing board by people who actually liked how Halo played to people enamored by how "like a super soldier" they feel when flying around a corner at a 90 degree angle to make someone absolute. Sure, sprint is still in the game, but at least it's less cancerous than it was in the last two games, right? RIGHT?!

​Oh, what I would give for an alternate universe 343 Industries that treated Halo like The Coalition treats Gears. Do it right before you try to do it differently. A "pro team" should not be wasting their time undoing idiotic changes that shouldn't have been made to begin with. They should be making a good Halo game even better. That's not the 343 pro team's fault. That's a problem with the studio overall.

Amen

No radar when force 343 to change a ton of parts about the game for it too work. Making it much more than simply turning off radar. Respawn times would need to be increased for obj and obviously spartan charge and ground pound would need to go.  And other rather drastic changes as well.

Increasing respawn times and removing spartan charge (i really dont see ground pound becoming a bigger problem because of radar) are not drastic or fundamental.

Those are minor changes to the second-to-second gameplay that could make a massive difference in how fun the overall game is and how well no radar plays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think BR starts have pros and cons in H5.

Pro

It's an effective nerf to the autos as the BR obviously does a much better job of keeping them in check then the pistol does.

it also does a better job contesting the insanely easy to use sniper in this game.

Cons

BR vs BR fights are way shittier than pistol vs pistol fights in literally every way.

The game becomes even more about teamshooting which honestly isn't the way to go as H5 is the least teamshot oriented game since Combat evolved.

Honestly both the H5 BR and H5 pistol are pretty awful spawn weapons. The pistol is just too weak in comparison to the rest of the sandbox and the BR is way too easy to use.

Because the BR registers bum shots as head shots like the sniper.  It's too easy to use. 

Magnum is better than BR because of skillgap, but too weak for the autos.  

The solution you are looking for is easy, and already exist; Halo 5 Evolved settings.  4SK Magnum.   Tac Mag.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just finished a full scrim on no radar, and OVERALL I liked it a lot

1. The awareness was def different from certain players, not that they're bad but I think people are used to having radar check corners for them. So it seemed people got caught off guard a lot if they didn't have the right callouts. 

2. Automatics were non existent imo, and I think thats because people didn't have a radar telling them theres gonna be a guy coming around the corner, so there was a ton more pistol fights than with radar. 

3. Maps like fathom are all teamwork based like they should be, people can actually get to the other base without being spotted unless they're called out. 

4. I do think the maps were chaotic but I honestly think everything was like that because people aren't really used to it, and there's so many power weapons on the map. 

5.Ring around the rosy (my least favorite thing about radar) never happened, you could get away/out play so many people if they didn't use their brain. I think ryan talked about it in his video

Overally I'm for no radar being implemented just because it feels like a skill based game again, I had a ton of fun in the scrim I had. I think the people who are saying its "weird or different" I mean that was the same thing we said when we started using the pistol for the first time, it shoots different but its a good different, and I BELIEVE no radar is a good different (not really since no radar has always been a thing). Idk I really hope this makes it in before next season but I'm pretty doubtful 343 will change. 

ALSO I know this is not well put together, just trying to put some raw thought since I just played it 5 mins ago and wanted to get my thoughts down while it was fresh, if you're confused about anything I'll explain it as best as I can and if I think of anything else that I didn't put already I'll just add to it <3

watch my stream it's actually pretty easy

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because the BR registers bum shots as head shots like the sniper.  It's too easy to use. 

I agree.

That doesn't negate the fact that BR spawns would effectively nerf the power of autos though. Which is a positive.

Tac Mag should be starting weapon every where. It's a no brainier.

I would love for this to be at least tested. The only problem I see is a conflict with their insistence on unified settings.

I agree.

That doesn't negate the fact that BR spawns would effectively nerf the power of autos though. Which is a positive.

I edited my post.  IMO, 4SK Magnum is a better solution. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still think its funny that 343 made the AR the primary weapon and a pistol the secondary. 

"It's the PRIMARY weapon. Not SECONDARY. It's SUPPOSED to be better."

• Upvote (+1) 6

I edited my post.  IMO, 4SK Magnum is a better solution. 

In a perfect world a buffed pistol is obviously the best solution. I can't really see that happening though.