CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I trust this eg team at tourneys still but at some point these scrims become troubling. Devon is still really good, but stylistically they may need someone more aggressive.

EG has been one of the most consistent top 6 but not top 2 teams in H5.

I still believe if there were as many lans in season 1 as there has been since the beginning season 2, that snipedown/suspector team wouldn't have broken up.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I still don't understand how this doesn't make it into a halo game.

Partying up with people by pressing a button? Honestly, while I see it as a great tool, it really didn't need to be there? If you had a great time playing with someone you can just invite them. Obviously it should come back and Halo should stop removing everything every game and adding it six months later but something like that really wasn't a priority. 

So this just happened to me. It would suck if that happened during a million dollar tournament. 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Computer/video/26401063

Would suck if something like this would happen at worlds.

http://i.imgur.com/z37RLdr.mp4

uhhh - yikes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Those kind of spawns happen often when you hold bubble on truth flag. Happened to lethul at OC I believe

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like there's room for a wall joke in here somewhere.. hmmmmm I'll leave it to Nav he'll think of something.

SHLeR52.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Partying up with people by pressing a button? Honestly, while I see it as a great tool, it really didn't need to be there? If you had a great time playing with someone you can just invite them. Obviously it should come back and Halo should stop removing everything every game and adding it six months later but something like that really wasn't a priority.

User Experience and User Interface should ALWAYS be a priority. they (should) have people dedicated to that. It's not like it would take away from other aspects of the game to do it.

Expecting people to jump through hoops, when there are simpler options available is dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok so Tashi responded to my Reddit post bitching about the Seeding Point situation.

He essentially took the blame off of ESL and placed it on...

feedback from the players :kappa:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5qtpee/comment/dd4nsvp?st=IYLEPZ04&sh=096efa49

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in to shed some light on a few things and offer some insight. I first want to comment on ESL’s participation in the Halo World Championship. We’ve been partnered with ESL for more than two years now since before the Halo Championship Series first launched, and they have been instrumental helping revitalize Halo esports. For the 2017 Halo World Championship, ESL North America will be putting on the amazing show planned for the main event (more info on that very soon!), and their Australian office will be running the qualifiers for that region.

The St. Louis event and the restructuring of the points and Finals spots (detailed here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hwc-format-settings-update) was announced before the event, and was a decision the HCS team here at 343 made based on early feedback we gathered from the players and after more careful consideration. The original format was too restrictive and this new one allows all players to compete at every event. We felt like this was a good middle ground, but still allows for any team to qualify for the Halo World Championship Finals. Additionally, because of the open spot left by the original Team Allegiance (and potentially more if more rosters break up), the highest ranked non-HCS Pro League team will start in the championship bracket as the 8th seed at the Las Vegas event, and points will also determine placement in the Last Chance Qualifier. Placement at St. Louis definitely had a smaller impact in the updated format, but we felt it was necessary for the overall qualification process.

I hope this clears some things up. I frequent the HCS posts on r/Halo quite often so I’ll do my best to answer what other questions pop up as well.

Apologies to ESL folks. It appears all the TOs are just pawns in 343s game of mediocrity
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I've been playing MCC when i want to play Halo for a long time now, if H3A isn't happening i'm happy to just play h1/2/3 for my Halo fix for the rest of my life. Halo 5 has been a failure and when I try to picture Halo 6, all i see is likely more unwanted mechanics and more micro-transactions.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

User Experience and User Interface should ALWAYS be a priority. they (should) have people dedicated to that. It's not like it would take away from other aspects of the game to do it.

Expecting people to jump through hoops, when there are simpler options available is dumb.

I think the only reason it hasn't happened yet is other UI things taking priority like fixing the mess of a post-game carnage report we had at launch. We literally couldn't see medals and other important stats while you could always just back out, invite someone and restart matchmaking. Hopefully it's there for the next title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the only reason it hasn't happened yet is other UI things taking priority like fixing the mess of a post-game carnage report we had at launch. We literally couldn't see medals and other important stats while you could always just back out, invite someone and restart matchmaking. Hopefully it's there for the next title.

Yet another thing that was inexcusably absent. Now that I think about it, NOTHING about h5s UI/UX was adequate at launch. So bad... next time just plagerize Bungies work... done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yet another thing that was inexcusably absent. Now that I think about it, NOTHING about h5s UI/UX was adequate at launch. So bad... next time just plagerize Bungies work... done.

Yeah, it's even worse when you look back at the beta which had a much better UI and even included some of the stuff that was missing (medals, CSR progress).

• Upvote (+1) 2

sorry I mean ske7th xDDDDDD like barvo get it xddddddd

I'm (sarcastically) referring to how hes worked out well so far.

Ok so Tashi responded to my Reddit post bitching about the Seeding Point situation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5qtpee/comment/dd4nsvp?st=IYLEPZ04&sh=096efa49

Apologies to ESL folks. It appears all the TOs are just pawns in 343s game of mediocrity

It just seems that blame just gets shifted around every time something goes wrong. There's no real clear structure we can follow to ask questions only "thats not my department" redirects. Then maybe we get a semi answer about something that again shifts blame and promises a real answer soon. Its infuriating that these people hold the ip to this francise that i love

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It frustrates me how much EG sucks.

Yeah, but it's the expected result, unfortunately. I think they could have picked up better teammates. 

I agree that such a button would be easy to implement, but I'd honestly rather the 343 team focus their time on more pressing matters.

At the end of the day, once in the post-game screen, you need to press a total of two buttons to invite someone to your fireteam.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the way UGC went and the scrim results following the event, I'm starting to think I live in a bizarro world where LAN is random and online is where the real skill gap lies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really care if you play or not. I don't think anyone actually does. But the microtransactions in this game are so insignificant that i don't even know why this is a complaint. The only things you couldn't earn through playing the game are the team skins and the voice pack. Game changing stuff.

Nice trips

• Downvote (-1) 4

Curious to see if he responds in full to your reply. 

With the way UGC went and the scrim results following the event, I'm starting to think I live in a bizarro world where LAN is random and online is where the real skill gap lies.

2bb06ffa_sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpeg

I don't really care if you play or not. I don't think anyone actually does. But the microtransactions in this game are so insignificant that i don't even know why this is a complaint. The only things you couldn't earn through playing the game are the team skins and the voice pack. Game changing stuff.

It cheapens the game and makes it look like they're spending more time developing bullshit packs that no one cares about rather than actually making a decent game. It's significant because it's only going to get worse and more invasive, these features never go away, they just keep adding them bit by bit testing what they can get away with. It's not a coincidence that this game just never took off at all, the only people who gave a fuck were the die hard halo fans who have had their fingers burnt once again. The only people still around are either making money from Halo, or just can't let go even though they know it's gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 22