CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the comment salsa spartan left on this video though...

I thought "comment salsa" was some slang for spamming random comments or something

and I was like "why would Spartan do that on a H2 soundtrack video of all places" 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Without Pro Team this would have been another Halo 4.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't have enjoyed making another Boltshot Revolution video.  :lxthul:

This thread is too chaotic for me, might have to go with real moderation now :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 6

This thread is too chaotic for me, might have to go with real moderation now :bman:

Adapt

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whats your opinion on the current state of competitive settings?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Descope: You can't grasp the amount of time, effort and energy our team spent on making sure this feature was implemented within our game.

This is sad. If descope wasn't in the game I wouldn't have even bought it, and I bought MCC again after I knew how broken it was.

I know for a fact pro team does all they can to improve Halo, but it's quite obvious that 343i treats you like the little kids at thanksgiving and just hands you an unplugged controller while the grownups play. Very disheartening that the automatics are untouched and radar is unchanged after a year into the game. I trust pro team, I don't trust the environment they are in or who they work with. There is a huge disconnect somewhere and I believe we all know where.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have yet to match a champion that doesn't just run around with an AR. I thought the state of the game was bad, now after playing most of today I actually think it's worse than that.

I just checked the games you played today. Out of all the Champions you played with or against (there was like 4), none tallied the most kills with an AR.  So I'm not sure why you're saying this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think there are way TOO MANY power weapons on the map when compared to previous Halo games. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played no radar 8s last night..... It's pretty chaotic. Although the meta might change where you have to stay closer to your team mates. Because flanking didn't work near as much as I thought it would.

All these concerns about how "chaotic" the game is without radar only serves to confirm how incredibly interesting the meta might be at this point had we been playing without radar this whole time.

Playing with radar is like playing poker and knowing 1/2 of your opponent's hole cards. It significantly reduces the expected outcomes and allows you to think less. Imagine the incredible plays that could be made by someone like Snakebite who might predict the action of an opponent because he thinks a lot about the game and understands the expected outcomes of a given scenario better than other players might. Or imagine the creativity that someone like Frosty could have in taking an entirely new action in a certain situation that takes another team completely by surprise.

I understand it's chaotic right now, but that's because everyone's been playing with free information for a year and not having to actually think about the full range of actions their opponents might be taking. With some more significant time spent playing without radar again, these guys will start to predict each other's actions (sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly), and it will massively bolster not only the competitiveness of the game, but also the excitement for the viewer.

Quite frankly, as many have been saying for months, there's no good argument for keeping radar place if the goal is to create the best competitive environment. I understand there's obviously someone at 343 that thinks there is a good reason, but whatever logic they're using is almost certainly fatally flawed.

Remove radar and let this game flourish.

this is the most confusing thing about the current feed back; the guys on optic/nv among others would benefit the most from no radar. i just thing they are attributing the randomness to no radar and not the over-abundance of power weapons. simply advocate for less power weapons (1 tier 3, 1-2 tier 2) and less rifles (as in no more than 2 rifle types on a map ie br + carbine or DMR + LR), power ups on longer timers, scrap the autos and your good to go. this isn't rocket science.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I REALLY hope Naded and Dan don't land with those two.

Didn't Cratos talk like MOUNTAINS of shit about Naded after Worlds? I'd be shocked if they teamed again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think there are way TOO MANY power weapons on the map when compared to previous Halo games. 

That's because every non-loadout weapon is a power weapon lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for always putting out such great content!

And Strongside's impression of Walshy actually made me laugh out loud.

This. If pro were playing no radar scrims, several ones a night for at the very least a week. Then I could take their opinions seriously.

I take their opinions seriously, but i honestly think the chaos comes from playing this with communication thats dependent on radar. Once communication is more than "one shot my X" and gets to the point of predicting routes then the chaos will die down some