CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When do we get to be blessed with your day of constructive posting? 

You deserve to do what makes you happy without having to worry about what others may think of you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly. I'll be the first to say I'm not a prolific Halo player, but I can hold my own against players ranked up to maybe high Onyx when I get demolished in Arena long enough to find and invite three random competent players to join my fireteam. Problem is, I'm in a limbo where I consistently place Plat or Diamond off the bat, yet I'm always matched internally against high diamond/Onyx players.. with some random platinum or low diamond players to work with. I have one friend to play with when I actually have time to do so, but he's probably mid-platinum skill, so shit gets squirelly haha.

I may be in the minority as of now though, but I somehow still really like playing Halo 5.... in spite of what I just said.

This is my exact experience including the plat friend and still enjoying the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3/4 hcs events have had major issues. Fall finals did well with only 8 teams competing. In defense of ugc, at least the in person experience went smoothly and the players were happy unlike orange county and vegas. But 20k people watched halo wars 2 commercials and ffa while pro teams played off stream. Like @@Infinity said, the learning period is over but quality is degrading. If halo is to grow we need better. Nothing fancy but something that doesnt break on friday/saturday and is somewhat better sunday like we've had for 75% of events.

If current TOs cant handle 50-60 teams, can we at least try a TO that can

Snip

Look at this toxicity :kappa:

Halo needs to get out of the business of running with these small TO's. It doesn't make any sense. I know some people want to return to the "grassroots" era and have these small companies rise up, but let them do there own thing. UGC ran a pretty good event when there were no expectations and nothing was on the line. Let them do that, they shouldn't be running an HCS sanctioned event dead stop. MLG would be nice, but there are various companies that could have run this past weekend without a hitch. Dreamhack is going to be great and is a legit TO. That's who should have been running these LANs if MLG is not going to be involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3/4 hcs events have had major issues. Fall finals did well with only 8 teams competing. In defense of ugc, at least the in person experience went smoothly and the players were happy unlike orange county and vegas. But 20k people watched halo wars 2 commercials and ffa while pro teams played off stream. Like @@Infinity said, the learning period is over but quality is degrading. If halo is to grow we need better. Nothing fancy but something that doesnt break on friday/saturday and is somewhat better sunday like we've had for 75% of events.

If current TOs cant handle 50-60 teams, can we at least try a TO that can

Look at this toxicity :kappa:

Halo needs to get out of the business of running with these small TO's. It doesn't make any sense. I know some people want to return to the "grassroots" era and have these small companies rise up, but let them do there own thing. UGC ran a pretty good event when there were no expectations and nothing was on the line. Let them do that, they shouldn't be running an HCS sanctioned event dead stop. MLG would be nice, but there are various companies that could have run this past weekend without a hitch. Dreamhack is going to be great and is a legit TO. That's who should have been running these LANs if MLG is not going to be involved.

I think ugc proved they can handle a 60 team event.

They just can't handle production on top of that with a staff of volunteers. Once you factor in that UGC footed the entire operations bill, i Honestly cant believe a production crew couldnt be hired by 343.

Its like they got the event for free.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I might be mistaken but hadn't proverb and his team ran an h5 event before that was considered very good by players and viewers? From what I've heard the only difference here is that they we're working with 343 this time and I honestly heard of a couple of issues regarding UGC and 343 working together weeks before UGC.

No idea what is going on though.

I think ugc proved they can handle a 60 team event.

They just can't handle production on top of that with a staff of volunteers. Once you factor in that UGC footed the entire operations bill, i Honestly cant believe a production crew couldnt be hired by 343.

Its like they got the event for free.

343 has no production crew to hire out of thin air. They pay ESL to handle most of the major events.

UGC was given this LAN knowing they would be footing the bill as well as handling production and they took it on. It was an event that would raise there profile in this scene and a launching pad to run future official events if it went well. It didn't go well, and just because it was volunteers doesn't mean they should get a pass for it. They took the risk of running it with volunteers probably because they had to, and they will probably have to for any other future event they run. If we are truly "rebuilding" as Tom Taylor says we are, why are we putting that in the hand of volunteers and the hope of "They'll get it next time"? No one else would.

I might be mistaken but hadn't proverb and his team ran an h5 event before that was considered very good by players and viewers? From what I've heard the only difference here is that they we're working with 343 this time and I honestly heard of a couple of issues regarding UGC and 343 working together weeks before UGC.

No idea what is going on though.

Proverbs all but said 343 fucked this up in one of his previous posts

Can someone link proverb's post? I must have missed it. 

343 has no production crew to hire out of thin air. They pay ESL to handle most of the major events.

UGC was given this LAN knowing they would be footing the bill as well as handling production and they took it on. It was an event that would raise there profile in this scene and a launching pad to run future official events if it went well. It didn't go well, and just because it was volunteers doesn't mean they should get a pass for it. They took the risk of running it with volunteers probably because they had to, and they will probably have to for any other future event they run. If we are truly "rebuilding" as Tom Taylor says we are, why are we putting that in the hand of volunteersand the hope of "They'll get it next time"? No one else would.

Why would they have to hire a production crew out of thin air?

Its not like this event snuck up on them. You can find a reputable production company in any major city with a 5 minute google search.

As to the bolded i'm asking the same question. The dollars and cents arent adding up to me. 343 is investing a lot of cash into making halo an esport. Part of that investment SHOULD be the presentation of the sport.

In UGC we have a small TO who IS capable of running a solid LAN operation, but has NO experience running a production befitting of a qualifier for a $1mil tournament.

So i just find it a bit strange that 343 wouldnt see value in investing in an experienced production staff for the event. They had everything else on a free platter. This event was one solid production crew away from being a knockout.

Remove Breakout, Super Fiesta, Ranked Snipers (merge with social snipers) and Triple Team. Make Super Fiesta and Triple Team rotational.

Done.

They are never gonna remove breakout. its their baby.

Why would they have to hire a production crew out of thin air?

Its not like this event snuck up on them. You can find a reputable production company in any major city with a 5 minute google search.

As to the bolded i'm asking the same question. The dollars and cents arent adding up to me. 343 is investing a lot of cash into making halo an esport. Part of that investment SHOULD be the presentation of the sport.

In UGC we have a small TO who IS capable of running a solid LAN operation, but has NO experience running a production befitting of a qualifier for a $1mil tournament.

So i just find it a bit strange that 343 wouldnt see value in investing in an experienced production staff for the event. They had everything else on a free platter. This event was one solid production crew away from being a knockout.

Its these sorts of thing that make me wonder if halo is nothing more than an afterthought for esl.

I would've broght in my own production team even just at a supervisory level to the event to make sure everything went right. It sounds like live spectator was awesome, but if esl/343 had their own vision for production that ugc was uncomfortable with, then they shouldve helped with the production instead of letting them drown until tashi tried to help on sunday

Wonder if Danoxide will be picked up by another team.  Panda maybe over Nemassist?  Maybe LG? I don't see any other team dropping anyone tbh

Wonder if Danoxide will be picked up by another team. Panda maybe over Nemassist? Maybe LG? I don't see any other team dropping anyone tbh

give me pterodactyl over cratos so I can root for naded again.

• Upvote (+1) 3