CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

same issue is people saying the game would be better without radar when never playing it in h5. 

Idk how I feel about it. Some games I like. Some games it feels like everything is complete chaos. I'm convinced power weapons are the problem 

agree, I watched Lethul's stream for a while and no-radar didn't seem like a huge improvement, but we'll see.  

the fact that Dersky, Neighbor, Ghost, et al. played H5 for two years before release and decided that radar worked better than no radar has to mean something ... they all know previous Halo games pretty well 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just want to say a few more things about my post last night, even though it's not really relevant anymore. Part of it is just to bring up the rep that post got. I've seen some people say that there's nothing but negativity on these forums, or that it's impossible to talk about radar positively without being negged. My post talking nothing but potential good things with keeping radar got 23 plus rep, which is one of the highest repped posts about radar in the last twenty pages or so. I'm not trying to hype myself up, but it's possible to talk about radar in a positive light and people will appreciate it but you need to explain yourself with something other than "it's more skillful". Personally, I'm in the camp that no radar has the potential to make the game too chaotic and random and we need further testing, and I don't think I've ever been negged for saying that, so you shouldn't be scared about expressing your opinion here just please if it's a controversial opinion don't say it without explaining yourself with a bit of detail stating why you think the way you do.

@@Ugug I wasn't trying to ignore your post, I'm just not sure if the conversation is worth continuing when the thread has shifted a bit. Debating whether the reasons I offered for keeping radar is worth the cost of... Well having radar is something I'm not sure I'm ready to have tonight since I don't really know what I think about the matter. But I appreciate your response.

@@kidstandout I'm sorry if my last post was dismissive last night. I literally got out of bed when I saw you respond to go write a response, and after debating what I should post for almost an hour I figured that I couldn't come up with anything that would make you change your mind that results could potentially be different with radar, and I personally am not in a position to believe that there is no chance that a major shift in the current pro standings could happen so I figured there was no point in trying to write a long retort. I do appreciate you offering an opposition to what I said though, I have reread your posts a few times today to try to digest them better and I do appreciate an opposing insight, I'm just hoping me pretty much shutting down the conversation wasn't too frustrating.

Anyway, everyone can carry on. I just wanted to touch on what I said again last night because I think it shows that it is possible to discuss pros/cons of radar and not be destroyed by the other side.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Spartan Ability Only" radar already exists programming-wise in the game, btw.

If you have Camo, you only show up on others' radar if you are shooting or using spartan abilities.  But not if you are moving at a normal pace.

So obviously the answer is to just give everyone camo.

More so, it's a mod in warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to say a few more things about my post last night, even though it's not really relevant anymore. Part of it is just to bring up the rep that post got. I've seen some people say that there's nothing but negativity on these forums, or that it's impossible to talk about radar positively without being negged. My post talking nothing but potential good things with keeping radar got 23 plus rep, which is one of the highest repped posts about radar in the last twenty pages or so. I'm not trying to hype myself up, but it's possible to talk about radar in a positive light and people will appreciate it but you need to explain yourself with something other than "it's more skillful". Personally, I'm in the camp that no radar has the potential to make the game too chaotic and random and we need further testing, and I don't think I've ever been negged for saying that, so you shouldn't be scared about expressing your opinion here just please if it's a controversial opinion don't say it without explaining yourself with a bit of detail stating why you think the way you do.

@@Ugug I wasn't trying to ignore your post, I'm just not sure if the conversation is worth continuing when the thread has shifted a bit. Debating whether the reasons I offered for keeping radar is worth the cost of... Well having radar is something I'm not sure I'm ready to have tonight since I don't really know what I think about the matter. But I appreciate your response.

@@kidstandout I'm sorry if my last post was dismissive last night. I literally got out of bed when I saw you respond to go write a response, and after debating what I should post for almost an hour I figured that I couldn't come up with anything that would make you change your mind that results could potentially be different with radar, and I personally am not in a position to believe that there is no chance that a major shift in the current pro standings could happen so I figured there was no point in trying to write a long retort. I do appreciate you offering an opposition to what I said though, I have reread your posts a few times today to try to digest them better and I do appreciate an opposing insight, I'm just hoping me pretty much shutting down the conversation wasn't too frustrating.

Anyway, everyone can carry on. I just wanted to touch on what I said again last night because I think it shows that it is possible to discuss pros/cons of radar and not be destroyed by the other side.

qdqzboS.gif

It is important to have discussions - we never want to become reddit. 

--

Intel from Eric's stream:

1YRwyWj.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

What benefits does having a silencer on a gun do on halo?

You don't show up on radar.

Anyway on-topic, what's this news about 2gre playing again? like leisure or actually grinding to compete?

Can Halo 6 maps be designed with no radar in mind please?

I don't want to see another meltdown of the forums.

How is it worse? Only difference is launcher for caster and scattershot added back.

Scattershot's inconsistency and cheesiness / apparently the launcher is even worse than the caster was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No matter what they decide to do with H6, I cannot wait to see what kind of gameplay they design the game around.

Scattershot's inconsistency and cheesiness / apparently the launcher is even worse than the caster was.

There's no way the launcher is worse than caster spamming. Nothing has been more annoying in this game.

I still believe spnkr rockets should be there instead. And yes it's slower, that's the point, normal rockets would be op on that map

No matter what they decide to do with H6, I cannot wait to see what kind of gameplay they design the game around.

Grappling hooks, wall running, phase shifting, rewind. Halo 6 going to make me feel like a true spartan

• Upvote (+1) 8

El town, Str8 Sick, Devon, Suspector vs. Trippey, Renegade, Sayian, Prototype.

https://www.twitch.tv/therealstr8sick

(where is cratos)

Odd pairing for alg but I hope it works. I do think that lineup for 3s up is better on paper but what happened to monster?

I would laugh if eg picks victory back up. It's probably the best choice, but ninja still worries me

• Upvote (+1) 1

giphy.gif

but it wasn't a joke.

That's literally the benefit of silencer. You don't show on radar when you fire.

But radar is based off sound - max move speed, abilities, gun firing.

Just finished a full scrim on no radar, and OVERALL I liked it a lot

1. The awareness was def different from certain players, not that they're bad but I think people are used to having radar check corners for them. So it seemed people got caught off guard a lot if they didn't have the right callouts. 

2. Automatics were non existent imo, and I think thats because people didn't have a radar telling them theres gonna be a guy coming around the corner, so there was a ton more pistol fights than with radar. 

3. Maps like fathom are all teamwork based like they should be, people can actually get to the other base without being spotted unless they're called out. 

4. I do think the maps were chaotic but I honestly think everything was like that because people aren't really used to it, and there's so many power weapons on the map. 

5.Ring around the rosy (my least favorite thing about radar) never happened, you could get away/out play so many people if they didn't use their brain. I think ryan talked about it in his video

Overally I'm for no radar being implemented just because it feels like a skill based game again, I had a ton of fun in the scrim I had. I think the people who are saying its "weird or different" I mean that was the same thing we said when we started using the pistol for the first time, it shoots different but its a good different, and I BELIEVE no radar is a good different (not really since no radar has always been a thing). Idk I really hope this makes it in before next season but I'm pretty doubtful 343 will change. 

ALSO I know this is not well put together, just trying to put some raw thought since I just played it 5 mins ago and wanted to get my thoughts down while it was fresh, if you're confused about anything I'll explain it as best as I can and if I think of anything else that I didn't put already I'll just add to it <3

Just to clarify - was this scrim on current Halo 5 maps or Ghost's test maps?

Just to clarify - was this scrim on current Halo 5 maps or Ghost's test maps?

Test, thanks for the reminder, Rig SH, rockets is one of the worst changes, idc about anything else as much as that, it was awful 

• Upvote (+1) 6