CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

IF Danoxide has been dropped, hope Naded leaves Pnda and they found a GOOD underdog team for Vegas.

Edit:

?? are you referring to horiz-vertical sensitivities or something else?

Snakebite said he was playing 6-1 at the event. Damn

Snakebite said he was playing 6-1 at the event. Damn

Doesn't surprise me that his sens was that high. It seemed like most pros had jacked it up way more than normal.

What surprises me is how different online vs. lan aiming is that 6/1 would be preferable. Does anyone know what he usually plays on?

Doesn't surprise me that his sens was that high. It seemed like most pros had jacked it up way more than normal.

What surprises me is how different online vs. lan aiming is that 6/1 would be preferable. Does anyone know what he usually plays on?

I watch his stream a lot. He changes it all the time but its usually like 3/4 or 4/2 or something

So the current point standings for Vegas SHOULD be:

1. Optic (16-7)

2. Liquid (20-14)

3. EnVy (13-8)

4. Str8 Rippin (13-9)

5. Inconceivable (13-8)

6. Evil Geniuses (11-6)

7. Allegiance (8-6)

8. Luminosity (6-7)

---

9. Pnda (5-6)

10. Team Randa (3-6)

10. Velvet (3-6)

12. SetToDestroyX (3-7)

---

13. Earthroot (1-6)

14. CE Starboys (0-6)

14. Primal (0-6)

*Notes:*

- Inconceivable has a worse map%, but more map wins. Also won the H2H 3-1 vs EG. Not sure how ESL will give the tiebreaker.

- Randa/Velvet both had "3-0" byes. Not sure if those count. If they don't, SetToDestroyX would be 10th alone.

@@Vivi @@Timo

Can't confirm as I haven't been part of those format discussions, I don't know exactly how seeding will work for Las Vegas. 

The release article did specify:

"The tournaments will be open for any teams that think they have what it takes, and the Top 8 will move on to the Championship bracket, where the North American HCS Pro League teams will await."  

Which I read as the Pro League teams will occupy the seeds 1-8 in the Championship Bracket and will be joined by the Top 8 teams from the Open Bracket. 

I wonder what kind of roster drama we will see over the next couple of weeks. One team making a move could set off a chain reaction, but the only team I can see doing anything is Pnda. Are they allowed to make a roster move after the who Bubu situation? @@Vivi @@Timo

Pro League teams are allowed 1 roster change from now until February 24.

edit*

apologies for double posts. 

Hi everyone, over the past weekend I would skim through the thread and noticed a lot of people complaining about production. Being at the event you never really notice things like that, so can anyone sum up to me what exactly was wrong throughout the tourney? Aside from that the event was absolutely great, no complaints at all. Proverb should def be offered to do more than just UGC.

this

Can't confirm as I haven't been part of those format discussions, I don't know exactly how seeding will work for Las Vegas.

The release article did specify:

"The tournaments will be open for any teams that think they have what it takes, and the Top 8 will move on to the Championship bracket, where the North American HCS Pro League teams will await."

Which I read as the Pro League teams will occupy the seeds 1-8 in the Championship Bracket and will be joined by the Top 8 teams from the Open Bracket.

so if i understand this, pnda will still be in the champ bracket at vegas and alg/inc will be back in the am bracket? and will stl placings affect the vegas champ bracket or do the hwc points only come into play for top7 after vegas?

Text

I'm from the EU and unfortunately, I don't tune in to EU Pro League because I work evenings Mon-Fri but this weekend was the first time I heard you cast and you did an amazing job. You're definitely one of my favorite casters right now. Only improvement is when you get hyped, you have a tendency to wreck my ears but I'm not sure if that is you or the audio being overly loud. I no means want anything about your style changed but maybe the peak of your loudness. You did great! As for the rest of the casters, I'm not sure why Strongside gets shit on. I could listen to him all day. Super smooth. Butters is the hot new talent I've never heard but again impressed me, Ghost was a pleasure to have and I really hope to see more through the season, Elamite and T2 holding it all together and you can tell just how much experience they have. Great duo in my opinion. Would was far more reserved this event compared to the last I saw him in but he is very clear when he talks and I hope we see more of that in upcoming events. Knighty should do interviews more. His casting is good but I felt every interview 2/3? I watched, I enjoyed the ones he did. Mr David Walsh is always a pleasure and is the definition of "cheeky chap" that never fails to make me smile and Alex (axel) was a great host. Always asking the right questions for the analysts to elaborate on.

TLDR: From all the eSports I watch (about 7 in total) we have the best casters in my opinion. Without a doubt in my mind. I don't know what I'm more excited about, the gameplay or the casting when it comes to Halo. Exceptional talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So last night I went to a New York Rangers game at Madison Square Garden (arguably the world's most famous arena).  

All I kept thinking to myself was how much more exciting competitive Halo is than professional hockey (in my opinion).  I was WAYYY more hyped and involved watching this weekend's past tournament in my bedroom on my laptop than I was while watching pro hockey live in the arena.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hi everyone, over the past weekend I would skim through the thread and noticed a lot of people complaining about production. Being at the event you never really notice things like that, so can anyone sum up to me what exactly was wrong throughout the tourney? Aside from that the event was absolutely great, no complaints at all. Proverb should def be offered to do more than just UGC.

Make sure you (and everybody else) give credit to more then just Proverb. His brother Austen is just as much a part of that duo that brings events to life as Proverb, and I feel like he gets little to no recognition in comparison. 

Both of these guys deserve to be working with Halo regularly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@aPG I wanted to publicly apologize.  I have criticized your playing in the previous months and have said some bad things about your play.  Thank you for proving me wrong this weekend.  You played absolutely out of your mind and really showed that you deserved to be there.  Can't wait to wait you compete at the next event.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But that was from when St. Louis was supposed to be a Worlds Qualifier event.

It was changed to a seeding tournament as we know. Seeding for Vegas.

After UGC, it doesn't seem to make sense anymore to use the 'pro seeds' as the seeds.

What if Inconceivable had won the event? They'd still have to play through Open again at Vegas to even reach the champ bracket? That doesn't seem right.

It's worth pointing out he does say he had no involvement with discussions or know exactly how seeding will work. 

Just simply offered his interpretation on the release article. Which at this point I agree with you, wouldn't make any sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

After UGC, it doesn't seem to make sense anymore to use the 'pro seeds' as the seeds.

What if Inconceivable had won the event? They'd still have to play through Open again at Vegas to even reach the champ bracket? That doesn't seem right.

so if i understand this, pnda will still be in the champ bracket at vegas and alg/inc will be back in the am bracket? and will stl placings affect the vegas champ bracket or do the hwc points only come into play for top7 after vegas?

Honestly can't answer these :( I'm sorry guys. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This.

But if we know anything by now, its that ESL probably wont do what's right.

Honestly can't answer these :( I'm sorry guys. 

Sooooo, can you answer where and when World's is?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

3/4 or 4/2

this

it was the worst produced event in many years, way worse than ESA

quite frankly it was embarrassing for the community and the only thing that redeemed this weekend was the quality of the matches 

E3CWX06.jpg

stellur is the most sour faced pro i think i've ever seen, the kid has no expressions but frown when hes on main stage 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This system is only more susceptible to boosting because of the ability to make infinite xbl accounts for free and the poor party-size matching (which could be a factor of population size).

At its core, this system IS better than 1-50 as it gets you playing against similar opponents much more quickly. With a larger population it would be more accurate and i doubt people would have many complaints about it.

That's not true at all. Free accounts made doing it easier but 1-5$ one months didn't stop many people. In fact due to the account having some sort of initial monetary value it may have pushed people to try to make money off of them more.

Either way though this system is INCREDIBLY easy to exploit. 10 deranked games and you have a booster. You would have to derank 10x that amount in h3 to have an effective booster. Plus in h3 a booster didn't significantly lower the skill level of your opposition. A 49 playing with a deranker would still match 50s. An onyx with a bronze deranker will match gold kids. In h3 boosters only made you go up faster. You still played the same people. In H5 boosters make you go up faster AND they lower the skill level of your opponents.

The actual problem is significantly worse now. People just don't exploit it as much because most people don't give two shits about h5 where as h3 was life.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1