CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

correct. and ffs man, there have been literally over 1,000 complaining posts in the H5 thread saying something like "wtf, I had a 39.4 k/d and won all ten placement matches, how was I not placed into high onyx???" This is not how ranking systems work. The first time Jaedong played the NA ladder (for SC2) he won his first 50 games straight and was still in high diamond ... that's just how these systems work.

Well the Starcraft ladder is well designed, for example the GrandMaster ladder the equivalence of "champions" doesn't open untill 2 weeks after season starts, that 2 week is enough time for the ladder to settle and only the best 50 players get promoted. In Halo 5 the first 200 reaching 1900 in the first day of the season gets promoted.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

After that Land i think it shows the skill gap being diminished between NV/Optic and the rest of the teams as every series was competitive. I fear that the AM ( ALG and INC don't count)  teams are not catching up. .The only two AM teams I see maybe having a worlds run are StDX( change your abbreviations guys) and ERG as they took games off the Pro teams and StDX gave Optic that game two scare. I am hopeful that theses teams stay together and give the Pro teams some competion. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranking system isn't perfect but getting matched up with 2 or 3 people "deranking" used to happen every other game for me in H3. Atleast now I can play nearly every game with 3 other players trying to win regardless of if they are the proper rank or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh and if "what if they get carried in their placements" is a problem I know a good way to fix that. S O L O A R E N A

W E D O N '  T H A V E T H E P O P U L A T I O N

or S E A R C H P R E F E R E N C E S 

Y O U  S P I L L E D  J U I C E  O N  Y O U R  K E Y B O A R D  T O O? ? ? ?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ranking system isn't perfect but getting matched up with 2 or 3 people "deranking" used to happen every other game for me in H3. Atleast now I can play nearly every game with 3 other players trying to win regardless of if they are the proper rank or not.

This ranking system is even more exploitable when it comes to deranking and boosting. People just don't care as much to do it anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wake up.

Doesn't see Cyren post about Halo World Championship Teams, Seeds, and Ranking Discussion Thread.

Halo World Championship, Teams, Seeds, and Ranking Discussion Thread

Regrets decision immediately.

Hello darkness my old friend...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hi everyone, over the past weekend I would skim through the thread and noticed a lot of people complaining about production. Being at the event you never really notice things like that, so can anyone sum up to me what exactly was wrong throughout the tourney? Aside from that the event was absolutely great, no complaints at all. Proverb should def be offered to do more than just UGC.

Tons upon tons of audio issues. Casters volume mixing always messed up. Cuts to interviews or game with no audio. Stuff like that.

In TL vs Starboys they failed to show gameplay for g1. Team cams.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hi everyone, over the past weekend I would skim through the thread and noticed a lot of people complaining about production. Being at the event you never really notice things like that, so can anyone sum up to me what exactly was wrong throughout the tourney? Aside from that the event was absolutely great, no complaints at all. Proverb should def be offered to do more than just UGC.

sound issues with casters/ game audio being either extremely loud or non existent, cam names sometimes wrong, no feature station stream until the end of yalls match with inconceivable, missing games like yalls match with inconceivable lg v pnda etc. all together it was hard to watch friday and saturdray.

congrats on top 4 btw

edit there were weird issues with the post game screens too

YZ9ID0n.png

and

QxRocjD.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Game audio had massive echo or wasn't actually there, Caster audio was off (Either extremely loud or not loud enough), interview audio was often too low, 1-2 games weren't broadcast because of some error so we just stared at the map screen while they talked about the game, long wait times, filler content that was them just replaying the beginning of worlds or was just a HW2 commercial. Stream was delayed 2 out of the 3 days. Various crashes, no gamertags, etc etc

We expect some of theses things to occur just because of past precedent but this was by far way worse than any recent event. Certain parts of the broadcast were unwatchable outside of the high quality Halo being played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, quick commercial commercial break for gameplay........Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2

• Upvote (+1) 8

Audio sounded like it was underwater or just extremely loud for about 75% of the event. 

Production / Transitions (switch from casters desk, or player cams to gameplay) were pretty sloppy and delayed a lot. You would hear casters casting a game but the screen was pointed at APG wearing versace slippers 

Interviewers on the floor Mic was muted a ton of times, camera was kind of weird on the floor too. And when it wasnt muted we had young jurassic park lords raptor squealing into the mic. 

A lot of team listen ins were either muted or in one case, you would have a listen in, casters desk, and game volume, playing all at once. 

I already tweeted this, but this event had some of the BEST matches I have ever seen in Halo 5. The production was lacking but awesome gameplay made me forget about it mostly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, quick commercial commercial break for gameplay........Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2, Buy Halo Wars 2

this will be relevant for the rest of the season unfortunately:

oIPb7bG.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

as to what went right this weekend

Q1uTl7R.gif

and

5sTVDGV.gif

the casting and gameplay was the best i've seen in a long time

• Upvote (+1) 7

Had too much fun at the event this weekend. Its always sad to leave and go back to reality. I meet so many great people and make new friends at every event. So much so events feel more like a family reunion. UGC may not have 100% nailed the production but the spectator experience is something they are very good at. Being in the middle of the crowd during the Str8 vs inconceivable match is something I will never forget. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This ranking system is even more exploitable when it comes to deranking and boosting. People just don't care as much to do it anymore.

This system is only more susceptible to boosting because of the ability to make infinite xbl accounts for free and the poor party-size matching (which could be a factor of population size).

At its core, this system IS better than 1-50 as it gets you playing against similar opponents much more quickly. With a larger population it would be more accurate and i doubt people would have many complaints about it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well the Starcraft ladder is well designed, for example the GrandMaster ladder the equivalence of "champions" doesn't open untill 2 weeks after season starts, that 2 week is enough time for the ladder to settle and only the best 50 players get promoted. In Halo 5 the first 200 reaching 1900 in the first day of the season gets promoted.

for sure, they got GM right ... given that H5 is basically a copy-paste of the LoL/SC2 ranking system we might as well copy that too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sat in the airport waiting for my final flight home.

St Louis was insane. The matches, the series, the comeback and the emergence of players like shotzzy and renegade just made it a pleasure to be involved with. It hurts to know there were so many stream issues from what I hear, but the buzz at the event itself was great.

Personally encourage feedback on my casting from the weekend. Public or private it's appreciated. I know I was almost too hyped at times, but sometimes you just got swept away in the halo.

Onwards to London!

You did good this weekend, and I can tell you really love Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1