CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We as a community have never been proponents of sprint. Granted the nerfs they made to it are solid in h5, but a radar only showing sprint would balance the pace of the game pretty well imo and nerf sprint even more. I think it would be interesting to see people have to distinguish when they should and should not use sprint and be rewarded/punished for it.

Normally I'd be all for less sprinting, but I don't think balancing a poor mechanic (sprint) with a crutch mechanic (radar) is the way to go about it.

Overall, players shouldn't be discouraged to sprint on maps that are scaled for sprint. With your proposal, players would be punished for traversing the map how they were meant to - it's a bit silly.

The main reason we want radar gone is so players can't directly track enemy movement, which in turn allows players to move around the map and flank more freely and creatively. Let's face it - players sprint A LOT. They need to in order to get into favorable positions in a reasonable time frame, and they shouldn't have to worry about showing up on someone's radar for doing so.

You bring up pacing, but I don't think pacing is an issue at the highest levels of play. The pros know spawns like the back of their hands, they have teammates to call out, they have Astro headsets, etc. The chaotic pacing of H5 is definitely an issue in general matchmaking, but not in the HCS because pros have learned how to mitigate most of the bullshit by now.

I firmly believe we need to remove radar completely, and not just nerf it slightly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Biggest Fear / Reality: Nothing is done with the holidays coming up and staff going on vacation. Return from holidays and say it's too late to make a change for the upcoming HWC season.

this

Touche. I remember hearing late January during NA Finals so I was going off that.

Sorry if that came off mean, didn't mean any malice.

Wasnt it determined that nv kept red because they won pro league?

It shouldn't be that way though since it was determined through online and they shouldn't have an advantage over a team that has made it to finals through WB.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't say the pros have intel on no radar being in. Snipedown or somebody would be saying "they get it" or "trust us" instead of being all up in arms about it. On the flip side of that even when ricochet or breakout was in they almost never practiced it anyway. Seems similar here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Biggest Fear / Reality: Nothing is done with the holidays coming up and staff going on vacation. Return from holidays and say it's too late to make a change for the upcoming HWC season.

giphy.gif

That's why I'm enjoying it now while it lasts. Watching no radar scrims are bringing back to enjoy some Halo.

Its still a month. Everyone is already playing it so either 343 is on the fence about it or they all want to prove that its viable. Hopefully its acted on soon if it will be taken out

Yea, 1 month with Christmas and New Years...so not much of a "work month".

I'm just saying, I feel this needs to happen ASAP if it's going to happen at all.,,

and now snakebite, who was hesitant on no radar before, says he loves it for simply being able to out think people again. just imagine LANbite with no radar

When people test no radar they like it. What a surprise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I understand this thought, but I think you're really reaching for negativity here. I've always tried to be involved in settings discussion since becoming a pro in 2008 (after every event / season) and this is the most communication I've ever had with the settings designers. I was talking to them a decent time before finals even, so something like what you posted wouldn't be an issue. Changes will be made. 

Sounds good Ketchup man. Glad to hear it.

I understand this thought, but I think you're really reaching for negativity here. I've always tried to be involved in settings discussion since becoming a pro in 2008 (after every event / season) and this is the most communication I've ever had with the settings designers. I was talking to them a decent time before finals even, so something like what you posted wouldn't be an issue. Changes will be made. 

thats encouraging that you are talking to designers.  we obviously arent.  we just been all like servers, settings, etc. need changed for over 6 months and all we got in return was "soon"  and ghost melees and shotty starts for breakout and fuel rod on truth lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh wait. E6 is running as contra, bubu, shooter and stellur. Guess suspector wasn't their 4th.

Edit: So..it wouldn't be E6 then right? Stellur would never join that org again.

What if Stellur pulls a Spartan and calls that Evil Geniuses  :apg:

I'm really glad to hear, can't blame us for being too negative though when these discussions are through DM's from what I've seen. Transparency is an incredible thing in the gaming community, and I hope this is something we can see for those that are fans and regular players in the future to keep us engaged. I really hope the right changes are made, seem like it's been a good start so far - just hope the right decisions are made regarding radar.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guys who holds the pro league spots? the org or the players? Players correct? LG broke up Naded&Dan are a To2 what happens to that spot? What happens to the E6 spot if bubu and shooter leave?

If Pro league is in the Summer after worlds im sure another hurricane comes through after worlds. Meaning even more teams will be breaking up and being formed. Hell 1 of the top8 orgs might not even be around after that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It shouldn't be that way though since it was determined through online and they shouldn't have an advantage over a team that has made it to finals through WB.

I agree its weird. Im just saying what happened

Sorry if that came off mean, didn't mean any malice.

Not at all, aha. 

If all these no-radar streams & pro-player discussions convince 343 to remove radar from the HCS, someone needs to edit all the recent HWC news & no radar into the Vince McMahon gif!

When people test no radar they like it. What a surprise.

I'm still baffled that some pros came in the old thread and said the game would play worse without radar and then they said they've never played with it disabled..
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea, 1 month with Christmas and New Years...so not much of a "work month".

I'm just saying, I feel this needs to happen ASAP if it's going to happen at all.,,

Oh definitely. It needs to be done by the end of the week. Then again it may not matter if they call it late if players keep practicing without it.

I feel like Cratos was actually really good in the first few months of H5 but other players have just caught up to him (and surpassed him) ... grinding 16 hours a day gave him an advantage at first though

• Upvote (+1) 1

same issue is people saying the game would be better without radar when never playing it in h5.

Idk how I feel about it. Some games I like. Some games it feels like everything is complete chaos. I'm convinced power weapons are the problem

I think old Halo titles can hold weight for no radar being preferable.

I agree power weapons are far too abundant on almost every map. I miss having maps with no power weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

same issue is people saying the game would be better without radar when never playing it in h5. 

Idk how I feel about it. Some games I like. Some games it feels like everything is complete chaos. I'm convinced power weapons are the problem 

Ease of use, strength, quantity, and ammo are all determining factors for the balance of power weapons. A lot of pros think that the quantity of power weapons is the problem but I think we have to look at other factors (like Sniper being piss easy) as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2