CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

been super busy with work since sunday. any possible team changes yet?

We know Contra is off Allegiance and speculate based off other tweets he's not taking Devon with him.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guys these no radar customs look so much better. I hope the pros play the shit out of no radar to show that it makes the game good.

Do you think strongside's call with pros helped prompt this?

I'm honestly just confused by the outpouring of support for no radar that almost seems like its being ignored. It seems like almost everyone that actually plays or watches would rather it be gone but who knows maybe there's some silent majority that secretly hates everything about competitive Halo pre H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

been super busy with work since sunday. any possible team changes yet?

Stellur, ContrA, bubudubu and Shooter are playing against OpTic right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3. HWC starts at the end of January so there's plenty of time. 

You've said this before but halo.gg clearly says the first HWC date for NA is Jan 14 - Online Seeding Tournament. I'm sure you are aware of this (HERE). That is 1 month away.

So unless they plan to run qualifiers on old settings and then change them between the 14th and the 20-22nd (St Loius UGC Open), you would think they need to have these nailed down relatively soon. And, as we have been told before when discussing these types of changes, once the season starts they aren't going to want to change them mid qualification for HWC 17. So that means the next time we would expect changes would be after finals which will most likely be end of March.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm honestly just confused by the outpouring of support for no radar that almost seems like its being ignored. It seems like almost everyone that actually plays or watches would rather it be gone but who knows maybe there's some silent majority that secretly hates everything about competitive Halo pre H5.

to be fair, anyone who posts in support of radar here gets downvoted to oblivion so it could be possible there are silent supporters

I'm loving the fact that so many pros are playing no radar 8s and streaming it, best way to prove a point is to demonstrate it

• Downvote (-1) 1

I just checked the games you played today. Out of all the Champions you played with or against (there was like 4), none tallied the most kills with an AR.  So I'm not sure why you're saying this. 

I mean I never said there were very many, but it was pretty consistent that the best players (KD wise) and teams of 4 crouched with ARs/Shotty/SMG the whole match. None of those weapons finish off kills the best obviously but lower your shield instantly. It would be between a melee, shotgun, AR, SMG, plasma rifle, and a teammate hitting you with a pistol when you have no shields. So the tool of destruction isn't really relevant here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

You've said this before but halo.gg clearly says the first HWC date for NA is Jan 14 - Online Seeding Tournament. I'm sure you are aware of this (HERE). That is 1 month away.

So unless they plan to run qualifiers on old settings and then change them between the 14th and the 20-22nd (St Loius UGC Open), you would think they need to have these nailed down relatively soon. And, as we have been told before when discussing these types of changes, once the season starts they aren't going to want to change them mid qualification for HWC 17. So that means the next time we would expect changes would be after finals which will most likely be end of March.

Touche. I remember hearing late January during NA Finals so I was going off that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh wait. E6 is running as contra, bubu, shooter and stellur. Guess suspector wasn't their 4th.

Edit: So..it wouldn't be E6 then right? Stellur would never join that org again.

• Downvote (-1) 1

There is definitely something the pros know that we don't if this many of them are playing no radar settings. Nothing against them, but the pros rarely if ever

act this selflessly for the sake of the game at large.

This also makes sense with the addition of silenced weapons on some maps.

What I think is most likely to happen: 343 implements some sort of weakened radar into HCS settings that only detects people shooting or using armor abilities because they are far too stubborn to ever go all the way with it and take radar out.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Timo

I have some feedback I think one mistake with the finals was that Envy kept there spot as Red Team despite being knocked into the LB's bracket they shouldn't keep an advantage if they've lost once.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its still a month. Everyone is already playing it so either 343 is on the fence about it or they all want to prove that its viable. Hopefully its acted on soon if it will be taken out

As much as you all hate Cratos, if the potential team was Cratos, Bubu, Shooter and Contra, that would be a top 3/4 team in my opinion. What made E6 great 2 seasons ago was the slaying power that Huke had. Bubu and Shooter would OBJ/Make Plays/Slaying if needed and Cratos can actually handle himself quite well as a main/support slayer. Suspector has struggled since ALG because teams such as EG and E6 try to make him a main when he actually clashes with people like Bubu/Snipedown. He fitted on ALG because Naded was the main and Cratos was the secondary, leaving him free/helping El Town. 

If E6 get Contra, there are very few players that can beat him. If I remember correctly, he had the most perfects out of all the pros, has a good track record on LAN and shows up a lot in games. It would be a very, very solid squad.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@Timo

I have some late feedback I think one mistake with the finals was that Envy kept there spot as Red Team despite being knocked into the LB's bracket they shouldn't keep an advantage if they've lost.

yeah... that didn't make sense to me but then again neither does one team having an advantage by playing red. either way, after the first round, season seeding < bracket seeding

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Timo

I have some feedback I think one mistake with the finals was that Envy kept there spot as Red Team despite being knocked into the LB's bracket they shouldn't keep an advantage if they've lost once.

Wasnt it determined that nv kept red because they won pro league?