CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How? Sprinting is the main way to traverse maps effectively. It would still be a huge crutch/issue.

Well the current radar shows both sprinting and walking, this new one would show just sprinting. So the sprint gameplay would still be the same in terms of the radar exposing the player, the only difference would be in the nature of flanking. Now players would be able to walk around instead of crouch around, meaning people can flank faster and safer.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What are 2gre's team prospects looking like? Most likely playing with those younglings? Also, have we had any indication if Roybox are splitting up? 

Have yet to match a champion that doesn't just run around with an AR. I thought the state of the game was bad, now after playing most of today I actually think it's worse than that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Shooter and Bubu in a party chat with Contra right now. Assuming the 4th is suspector. They're scrimming no radar PogChamp.

This is a disgrace.  This is feedback pros and the community have been giving for half a year and it sounds like they have no clue what they are doing and haven't even tested anything.  I get the impression Quinn thinks acting cool and nice to people is community management, while dodging questions and giving no information.  

You guys are the stewards of one of the largest and highest profile console gaming franchises of all time.  This is unacceptable.   They should have had this sorted 6 months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ok someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the following:

-343 released updated map/weapon placements/gametypes etc. through fileshare.

-343 hasn't said anything about changing any base settings such as AR starts or radar. 

-With first online thing for HWC being a month away there is skepticism that any settings might change for HWC. 

-Pros and other important figures (Simms/Side) have begun testing new maps and game types but have been using no radar predominantly. 

Based on the final point above can we begin to believe there's something we aren't being told yet and perhaps no radar is looking more and more likely? If that's the case how is it fair the anyone not in the loop who wants to compete but doesn't no if a huge mechanic will be included or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just really love watching the pros actually take initiative to play these customs with no radar to show 343i that they want it gone even though it's not in the settings.

Stasis is still in the rotation despite it being @@Vetoed every single game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ok someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the following:

-343 released updated map/weapon placements/gametypes etc. through fileshare.

-343 hasn't said anything about changing any base settings such as AR starts or radar. 

-With first online thing for HWC being a month away there is skepticism that any settings might change for HWC. 

-Pros and other important figures (Simms/Side) have begun testing new maps and game types but have been using no radar predominantly. 

Based on the final point above can we begin to believe there's something we aren't being told yet and perhaps no radar is looking more and more likely? If that's the case how is it fair the anyone not in the loop who wants to compete but doesn't no if a huge mechanic will be included or not. 

1. Kind of. Test variants are in Ghost's file share and are in no way final. Thought him and Side have been encouraging the pros to play them, give feedback, etc. There was even a call today with some pros and Side.

2. Quinn has said that no radar is unlikely but they're looking into other radar changes - no details on what. No word on starting weapon changes either.

3. HWC starts at the end of January so there's plenty of time. 

4. Pros are doing it purely for fun because it makes the game better. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a disgrace. This is feedback pros and the community have been giving for half a year and it sounds like they have no clue what they are doing and haven't even tested anything. I get the impression Quinn thinks acting cool and nice to people is community management, while dodging questions and giving no information.

You guys are the stewards of one of the largest and highest profile console gaming franchises of all time. This is unacceptable. They should have had this sorted 6 months ago.

Tashi was in observer mode watching pros play no radar on the new settings yesterday

1. Kind of. Test variants are in Ghost's file share and are in no way final. Thought him and Side have been encouraging the pros to play them, give feedback, etc. There was even a call today with some pros and Side.

2. Quinn has said that no radar is unlikely but they're looking into other radar changes - no details on what. No word on starting weapon changes either.

3. HWC starts at the end of January so there's plenty of time. 

4. Pros are doing it purely for fun because it makes the game better. 

Ok thanks, I should have been clearer on point 1 and 2, what I meant was what you said basically. It'll be interesting to see how testing goes and how many game types we have for HWC.

Also I thought someone said the first online something for HWC was January 14th, could be wrong. If that's the case they'd have to have everything set in stone by New Years right?

Edit: Also just realized testing the maps and game types on different settings doesn't make much sense because we won't know how a new map like mercy will play with radar if it is in fact included. 

Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Contra, Suspector is what I'm guessing from Contra's title.

This team will be great but I doubt it came about at the last minute if you catch my drift