CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So are there no vetoes at every event that has to do with worlds? I hope so because I think getting rid of them has been a part of giving us these close games

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously feel bad for the FFA Players.... This is their shot to show off their moves, get a team, find new players and get some type of highlight.

But you just don't show a FFA Finals while having LB in the background, while having Audio issues. It'd be cool to show the FFA Finals only if there's no other matches in the schedule, otherwise, you just piss off the community, don't show the good 4v4 matches and the attention towards the players in that FFA game is completely gone.

Anybody else noticed the guy that keeps putting his sunglasses on while looking at the commentary camera?

Anybody else noticed the guy that keeps putting his sunglasses on while looking at the commentary camera?

you mean butters?

soooo.....

will the brains producing this go to commercials now, or show important LB matches?

don't be silly. we have a 343 pro team vs staff grifball final tourney first, then once the lego master chief trophies have been handed out to the music from halo 3  THEN we'll get some halo radio about the LB

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously feel bad for the FFA Players.... This is their shot to show off their moves, get a team, find new players and get some type of highlight.

But you just don't show a FFA Finals while having LB in the background, while having Audio issues. It'd be cool to show the FFA Finals only if there's no other matches in the schedule, otherwise, you just piss off the community, don't show the good 4v4 matches and the attention towards the players in that FFA game is completely gone.

Somehow we still were over 13k with FFA going

I actually enjoyed that ffa was really cool to see renegade do well

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it's weird they constantly use Marty's Soundtracks yet don't work with him, and their games don't really feel anything like the original trilogy. It's almost insulting 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

why cant these games be staggered? why was so much time spent on commercials. fuck i can't believe we are missing these late games. as an org, i'd be pissed my team got shafted like this

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just woke up and caught up with the thread since last night. Seems like this event is still not worth watching. Gl to those that are. Appreciate the updates.

If its feesable I hope UGC pulls out from being an official hcs sanctioned TO or whatever, that way they can go back to running good events. Their last event was phenomenal, to this......have they communicated at all yet either? I know they were last event. A trait of a couple other entities we know. 2 big coincidences.

Not having vetoes is another gripe I have with this event nV is at a disadvantage here because truth ctf is in basically every series and they can't they veto it so they basically have one near guaranteed loss.

I really hope this isn't the format for worlds teams should be able to also strategically veto maps.

• Downvote (-1) 7

How can you even list everything wrong with this event at once?

It's almost comical at this point. It's like an episode of Seinfeld where George skips work to watch a halo event and after a bunch of mishaps he settles down to watch an FFA with no sound while important stuff happens off stream.

Also who prepared the 3 minutes of video to loop during the hours worth of downtime?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not having vetoes is another gripe I have with this event nV is at a disadvantage here because truth ctf is in basically every series and they can't they veto it so they basically have one near guaranteed loss.

I really hope this isn't the format for worlds teams should be able to also strategically veto maps.

Uhm every team has the same disadvantage then?

• Upvote (+1) 4

One game 5 series doesn't mean liquid or str8 is tier 1 yet. These guys are overrating that point. Sure it could happen but eg with ninja took NV to game 5 at Vegas and no said they could be tier 1. You have to win those series first

• Upvote (+1) 3

i'm sure you think this is logical, but it's not. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Screw that. No vetoes is way more interesting when we don't have Stasis.

• Upvote (+1) 5

All these Halo Wars 2 ads and I only remember seeing the Cratos controller clip once this tournament.