CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Totally off topic but... it feels like the aiming has gone back to shit? There's immense reticule lag. Is anyone else experiencing this?

If I play on Orion, Pegasus or any of the new forge maps than it feels like the same as before. I assume this is down to the horrible FPS that these maps have.  Team Arena feels just as good as it did a few days ago.

RIP the Contra/Devon duo.

Any ideas where Contra will go? TL in place of Spartan? I know that old Noble roster had some personality clashes but since it'd only be contra maybe things could be different.

Reuniting with Naded and/or Bubu could be interesting too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RIP the Contra/Devon duo.

Any ideas where Contra will go? TL in place of Spartan? I know that old Noble roster had some personality clashes but since it'd only be contra maybe things could be different.

Reuniting with Naded and/or Bubu could be interesting too.

Feels to me like Liquid dropped Spartan with a specific person in mind to replace him. I would guess Contra is not that person.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In the same vein, you are handing it to a rabid audience who are already tunnel visioned on what they want which isn't likely to lead to constructive feedback. If there are problems with no radar gameplay, they would be drowned out by people praising it mindlessly. Not saying no radar would be bad, but at this point people are so obsessed over it that if they actually wanted valid feedback it wouldn't come from us, or at least most of us.

Totally valid points, but on the flipside relying on mostly internal testing leads to people having tunnel vision and bias towards their own creations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if all the pros brought stickers and covered their radars, lan event, livestream. That could move that mountain maybe heh.

A black circle that reads FUCK RADAR on every monitor at a LAN? I'd cry.

The revolution will not be detectable on radar.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Im really excited to see what teams form next. 

Has there been any word on the age limit being lowered?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No radar would be sick yea. But what would be EVEN BETTER would be a SPRINT radar. Meaning that it would only show people that sprint around, but if you walk you're not on the radar. Siiiiiick right? It'd make the gameplay just that much better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Probably bait. The only player that would be a step up from him would be Stellur and I'm still hoping for a Stellur, Bubu, Eco, Suspector god squad

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No radar would be sick yea. But what would be EVEN BETTER would be a SPRINT radar. Meaning that it would only show people that sprint around, but if you walk you're not on the radar. Siiiiiick right? It'd make the gameplay just that much better.

How? Sprinting is the main way to traverse maps effectively. It would still be a huge crutch/issue.

Im really excited to see what teams form next. 

Has there been any word on the age limit being lowered?

They're looking into it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Contra, Suspector is what I'm guessing from Contra's title.

That would be a super solid squad. I'd prefer if Bubu / Shooter landed on Str8 Rippin in place of Heinz though.

Contra said the intel is on his chair. Looks like this confirms, to me, that he's taking Cratos' spot on E6.  teax7GK.png

is that an Illuminati symbol?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Contra said the intel is on his chair. E6 Contra confirmed?

teax7GK.png

Nice christmas tree... and creepy santa

To be honest I am not in favor of the Contra/ Devon split up. I think they work amazing together. Although Im not close to the situation, it seemed like they didnt win because they were always on the short end of the team changes (Maybe their own fault). I think Contra is one of the most idividually skilled players in the game, and even when everyone said the aiming was messed up, he rarely missed. On lan with the new build he will be insane. That being said I like Devon alot and am very curious as to where he will end up. He has only teamed with Contra for Halo 5 and there is not much known about him besides that. He really seems to keep to himself. I'm very curious if he gets picked up or if he just falls off the map live weve seen so many other pro/ex pros in Halo 5. I think hes really good and hope he gets picked up.

If they really did split I think the three best players that are probably open to team changes are Contra Bubu and Stellur. I think those three guys should create their own team. I think the only issue is I dont know if any of them even have a pro league spot. Alot of logistics need to be done if something like that is to happen.

I think another big point going forward is that if Radar is removed, or made less of a factor, Roybox will be a force to be reckoned with. They have more knowledge of Halo than any other players in the game besides maybe 2gre. Radar I think would make teamwork and knowing when to push and pull flags much more important. With radar, movement and indivudual slaying skills has taken the front seat. No radar would defintely change the dynamic and I wouldn't be shocked to see some old names pop up at the top. Someone like Flamesword is a prime example of someone who would have been more successful without radar. Curious what others opinion on the subject is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It truly does feel that h5 has all the potential to be amazing, but settings have been poorly executed up to this point. Regarding radar, I would be completely fine with a total removal. However, I think it would be really interesting to play test a radar that only shows someone sprinting. To me, that nerfs the radar while nerfing sprint as well. I could see this balance the pace of the game well; allowing flanks to happen without having to crouch, adding a layer of skill to knowing when to sprint, and punishing those who don't use it correctly by showing them on radar.

Also, I think we need to actually use the much improved forge to add a couple of solid maps to replace some weaker ones. Power weapons need to be taken down a notch in some way. Whether it be less ammo, longer spawn time or less on the map in general, it needs to happen. Also I don't believe power weapons and power ups should ever spawn at the start of a game on a asymmetrical map, it just doesn't make sense and isn't fair.

Just a few of my many thoughts on this

• Upvote (+1) 2

If cratos was dropped, I never see him being on a pro team again.

With established pros? No.

Regardless of personal feelings about him though, he seems to attract young talent. Not sure whether thats good scouting or what, but he puts together successful teams.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How? Sprinting is the main way to traverse maps effectively. It would still be a huge crutch/issue.

We as a community have never been proponents of sprint. Granted the nerfs they made to it are solid in h5, but a radar only showing sprint would balance the pace of the game pretty well imo and nerf sprint even more. I think it would be interesting to see people have to distinguish when they should and should not use sprint and be rewarded/punished for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1