CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In the same vein, you are handing a rabid audience who are already tunnel visioned on what they want which isn't likely to lead to constructive feedback. If there are problems with no radar gameplay, they would be drowned out by people praising it mindlessly. Not saying no radar would be bad, but at this point people are so obsessed over it that if they actually wanted valid feedback it wouldn't come from us, or at least most of us.

i think the only solution to that is to implement it early before people become so desperate that they ignore any faults for the one change they ask for 

i think the only solution to that is to implement it early before people become so desperate that they ignore any faults for the one change they ask for 

That's what I'm saying, we are already beyond the point of valuable feedback. Pro Team knows what they are doing and are super objective about things, as are certain community members, but at this point it isn't up to us anymore. It's simply an internal war at 343.

That's what I'm saying, we are already beyond the point of valuable feedback. Pro Team knows what they are doing and are super objective about things, as are certain community members, but at this point it isn't up to us anymore. It's simply an internal war at 343.

Who claimed that the pro team were the ones who said radar should stay in?

Swear I saw that somewhere.

oh ok i didnt catch that first read through

@@Jimbo

Was told at EU finals. eSports for Halo 5 was planned to have no radar but the 343 Pro Team said it was better to have radar. Which is why we started playing radar at Gamescom and then played with stickers on the screen. Not being ignorant.....

Okay not only am I getting more ghost melees than ever but I'm getting ghost ground pounds. I landed directly next to people a handful of times yesterday during customs and didn't do any damage. A few times someone landed directly on my head and nothing happened. I have clips

Honestly, I almost didn't bother. Someone pointed out the issue to me day one of the update and it wasn't until it started cropping up on the test maps that I got slightly worried. The last thing I want is another questionable end to a game or series that people are pissed about because the Grenade Launcher projectile fell through the map.

I saw this happen on @@TheSimms stream earlier when he was checking the new layout on truth with strongside. So hopefully this gets looked into pretty quick

Looks like Commonly, Rammy, and 2gre are about to play some no radar 8's.  :fire:  :weback:

No idea on who else is playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally off topic but... it feels like the aiming has gone back to shit? There's immense reticule lag. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yup. Aiming feels literally the same as before. Thought it was better the day of the update but it must be placebo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Totally off topic but... it feels like the aiming has gone back to shit? There's immense reticule lag. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Back? It never changed for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You playing on a forge map by any chance? Orion especially has a lot of FPS problems which feels like input lag.

On dev maps the aiming feels absolutely fine after the update, zero reticle lag at all.

You playing on a forge map by any chance? Orion especially has a lot of FPS problems which feels like input lag.

On dev maps the aiming feels absolutely fine after the update, zero reticle lag at all.

I actually did play slayer and played on orion and it was horrible.

But it feels like the aiming in general - specifically team arena - feels shit. maaaaan.

I actually did play slayer and played on orion and it was horrible.

But it feels like the aiming in general - specifically team arena - feels shit. maaaaan.

It feels terrible today.  Don't know if I'm getting shit servers or what.

Probably just bad.  :kappa:

In the same vein, you are handing it to a rabid audience who are already tunnel visioned on what they want which isn't likely to lead to constructive feedback. If there are problems with no radar gameplay, they would be drowned out by people praising it mindlessly. Not saying no radar would be bad, but at this point people are so obsessed over it that if they actually wanted valid feedback it wouldn't come from us, or at least most of us.

At launch, there were some solid, legitimate reasons for radar to be in the game. But the meta of the game evolves over time. We've become more campy, rely more on autos than gunskill and it leads to overall slower gameplay. That slow gameplay will feed into what we call the "tense" moments, but those would still be there if radar were changed; the only differences being that more creative plays would be available for use. 4 months after launch, we knew how the spawn system worked, we didn't need radar after that point, at least in its current form. Now it's a matter of how large a pin we need to pop Quinn's ego.