CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wait until the games start!

I don't understand how they screwed up the bracket. Look, screwing up audio sucks but I get that it can happen. The name thing is terrible but their excuse is reasonable. But somehow the 2nd AM seed gets a bye in the pro bracket? smh

They went by win% which made INC the 3rd seed cause they dropped a map to ALG.

This solution doesn't make sense because the seeding tournament was single elim, which made INC match ALG and put them on the same side of the bracket today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh look another t2 community scapegoat rant. News flash tom, new faces wont stick if the the devs/organizers are incompetent. we can't do fuck all about that!

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If FiS's team beats PNDA im gonna yell in excitement

Oh look another t2 community scapegoat rant. News flash tom, new faces wont stick if the the devs/organizers are incompetent. we can't do fuck all about that!

Also, t2 can't say stuff like "we old pros are still here to support the scene even if we don't play anymore" when most of the people on here were supporting AGL events and playing the game no one else wanted to while they all jumped ship the moment h4 was launched. The Beyond community single handedly kept competitive halo alive when we were in the darkest of nights.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So odd to me that the only team thats gets a 1st round bye is the open team Velvet. 

Makes no sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Both of these channels are just an infinite loop of a 10 second advertisement for an energy drink. 

It's on loop until a match starts. Then it goes to the comms, and 4-way split screen of the teams' gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's an loop until a match starts. Then it goes to the comms, and 4-way split screen of the teams' gameplay.

Awesome. I think this might be the way to go to enjoy the matches!

If FiS's team beats PNDA im gonna yell in excitement 

FiS is on CE Starboys (who plays Liquid round 1)

StDx plays Pnda.

StDx is Calm Mentality/Tizoxic/Burton/Blaze

A team that actually could upset Pnda.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So odd to me that the only team thats gets a 1st round bye is the open team Velvet.

Makes no sense.

They should have had a wild card round and have the buy to nv...

They also should have seeded the AMs with a pool, but i guess there was no time.

Seeing how terrible the higher ups are with tournament math, I'm kinda glad world slots aren't being handed out today. More qualification tournaments will allow the errors to be buffered out.

They went by win% which made INC the 3rd seed cause they dropped a map to ALG.

This solution doesn't make sense because the seeding tournament was single elim, which made INC match ALG and put them on the same side of the bracket today.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Shocking decision by whoever is in charge. What is the point of an online qualifier for seeding if you then disregard it by something as insignificant as win %. Beating Shazam's team 3-0 isn't the same as beating ALG 3-1. 

With that said, the best is yet to come. Hopefully the pro bracket is more smooth.

We will be right after an extended break of 48 hours. And here is a video package to enjoy. 

FiS is on CE Starboys (who plays Optic round 1)

StDx plays Pnda.

thanks for ruining my day

Sure nV don't have a bye in the first round, but look at their side of the bracket. They have a free path to semis essentially. They're probably thinking the more games to warm them up for Optic/Liquid the better.

Not excusing the ridiculous format. I'm just saying it's silly to act like nV are actually being punished by not getting a bye.

The time management at this tournament is awful.

The downtime to gameplay ratio is like 40:1.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thanks for the explanation.

Shocking decision by whoever is in charge. What is the point of an online qualifier for seeding if you then disregard it by something as insignificant as win %. Beating Shazam's team 3-0 isn't the same as beating ALG 3-1.

With that said, the best is yet to come. Hopefully the pro bracket is more smooth.

The only silver lining is worlds seats aren't being handed out today, which should allow the brackets to even out over the course of the qualification period.

It would have been terrible if ALG and INC got screwed out of a shot thanks to a stupid bracket set up.

Why is Halo so terrible with these brackets? Its really not that hard to figure this stuff out.

Sure nV don't have a bye in the first round, but look at their side of the bracket. They have a free path to semis essentially. They're probably thinking the more games to warm them up for Optic/Liquid the better.

Not excusing the ridiculous format. I'm just saying it's silly to act like nV are actually being punished by not getting a bye.

its not that NV is being disadvantaged. Everyone other than velvet is disadvantaged and the seeds aren't based on the quality of the teams. It's based on fortunate draws during the seeding tourney.

Just like worlds 2016 they are leaving too much up to chance when there are so many easy ways to avoid it.

FiS is on CE Starboys (who plays Optic round 1)

StDx plays Pnda.

Starboys play Liquid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Starboys play Liquid.

Does anyone actually know at this point? We should start drawing team names out of a hat.