CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I thought Contra/Devon's brotherhood was cute, and also that Devon is a great player. This is saddening but I'm interested to see where Contra will go next. I think he's a prodigy when playing on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Meh. I'd consider these changes to all change the current settings of Halo 5's competitive... settings. 

I guess we just have a different definition of the word settings.

If they don't have to stick a V2 beside it and I don't have to download a new settings...they haven't changed the settings.

They quite literally didn't alter any settings. They just moved around what was already there.

How do you even pronounce that last name lol

He must have a team lined up to leave a guaranteed pro spot. Hope eg talks to him

Who cares about Pro League when Worlds is sooner and 10x bigger?

Wait, there are no restrictions? Does this mean my Eco, Bubu, Stellur, Rayne team is technically possible? It would be so lit.

I think so. These are open LANs after all. Might lose the seed however and have to play from beginning of tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I read this forum every day and have to say, the amount of wins competitively Halo has received in the past two weeks is amazing. Does radar belong in competitive Halo? No probably not. But that's the way it is.

We got an amazing update with great fixes that work, observer mode, some tweaks to maps we have been asking for, an AMAZING Finals, great HWC news, DREAMHACK for Christ sake.

Progress is progress and I just have to say, this is an exciting time for Halo. Don't let one small disappointment ruin that. 2017 is still going to be an amazing year. Halo is back.

Is it really progress when you take a good 40 steps backwards and finally take 10 forward 13 months after launch? Man. I wish I could be excited about finally resolving their own fuck ups and half measure improvements to map settings. I really do.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yup. For the stream, they showed this:

xVj5q3B.jpg

They did the same thing with the Halo 2 Anniversary pre-release tournaments. Just a downside of using pre-release builds.

P2ZTd1v.jpg

Post your face when playing halo with a sticker on your tv is more competitive than what we have now.

image.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Meh. I'd consider these changes to all change the current settings of Halo 5's competitive... settings. 

Halo 5 is like a parent who refused to accept their child has a legitimate leg injury. The kid will tell them for weeks that their leg is sore and they need to go see a doctor about it and the parent refuses telling him to just walk it off, you'll be ok. 

We're just waiting for the parent to admit they're wrong and take the kid to the doctor and pray it doesn't do any permanent long-term damage.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got an XBONE S(sold my last XBONE a year ago) & Halo 5 last week and one of my first games of social skirmish(won't touch Arena before I get tons of rust off me) I match up with @@TheSimms:simms:

Also, not on these forums much as of late, but loved the nV victory in Burbank. Also, where no radar at?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is the best versions of Regret and Truth we've gotten by the way. And 343 listened to me and Bunnies and moved the Plaza Hotel BR to Cafe, so that's a win!

Imagine if all the pros brought stickers and covered their radars, lan event, livestream. That could move that mountain maybe heh.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its like breaking up with someone.  There is always a birthday or holiday or some shit that makes it a "bad time".  Next thing you know you're married with 3 kids that have the ginger hair of the UPS man and you're sitting with the car running in your garage with the door closed.

I'm dying at work. Lmaooooo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After the announcements of more LANs, bigger prize money and HWC, I expect to see bigger orgs start investing in the scene.

im hoping for the same thing. not knowing much about orgs, what orgs if any are bigger in north america than optic and nv

Imagine if all the pros brought stickers and covered their radars, lan event, livestream. That could move that mountain maybe heh.

If all the teams are in agreement, why can't they just change the setting in the lobby?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If all the teams are in agreement, why can't they just change the setting in the lobby?

I heard players were going to get fined 5% for every series they didn't wear matching pants, have to imagine something similar would happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4