CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't get all the nerf autos desire. Nerf's automatics usually have poor performance, and they always take like 6 D batteries to operate.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't kept up to dates on every ones opinions on the new settings up for testing. Overall compared to previous test previews this one is step in the right direction for me.

Out of the list posted before here's the things I disagree with and why.

The Rig:

• Strongholds Rockets replacing Railgun. Just feels like before when replacing Railgun with Sniper, a pointless change just to make a change. Leave Railgun and it would be fine.
  • Needler replaces Song of Peace Suppressor. WHY? Replace a stupid weapon with another one. Just don't have anything there flat out?

I dunno about rockets/Railgun, but Railgun is a lot stronger at locking down long angles on Rig -- compared to Rockets which are more of a short range / choke point sort of thing.  It will open up pushes from Car to Nest when the Railgun player is sitting tower, which are currently a big risk to push.

As for the Needler... Hey, sometimes you need a moment like Walshy vs T2 on Sanc in H2.  Sure, he didn't get the kill, but that was pretty embarrassing.

Empire:

• Slayer and/or CTF being tested. Stronghold currently unknown. We already have way to many slayer maps in the rotation so unless this is somehow better than Eden Slayer I say why bother. We played it at Gamescom yes with a shotgun and more close range weapons but I don't think plays very well. CTF has been tried before with the front windows blocked off which I wasn't too sure about before but we'll see after testing.

Since Empire doesn't have any power weapons on it in this iteration, I like the idea of it -- makes it a sort of similar to Amplified TS/Onslaught CTF kind of thing.  Though, it does still have powerUPs. :(

Mercy:

• Gravity Hammer removed. Nothing about the SAW or Beam Rifle being also removed? No presence in arena.

I didn't see what weapons the pros that played 8s on it had last night, but the Strongholds were way too big.  Too easy to hide and contest in a really chaotic manner.

All the other maps listed I look forward to testing as they don't look to bad from first glance. Truth looks like it will be awesome to play! :)

STILL NEED TO REMOVE RADAR AND NURF AUTOS 343! Stop giving us compromises e.g. Silenced AR. Just remove it completely, let us test it! Clearly you're 'pro team' doesn't understand.

Replies to some concerns in bold.

And it's ignorant to assume the pro team is at fault here.

Don't blame QA, blame Producers and Designers and anyone in position to actually make decisions and changes that have not.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I don't get all the nerf autos desire. Nerf's automatics usually have poor performance, and they always take like 6 D batteries to operate.  :kappa:

Are you a Father?  Cuz that's like Dad-joke bad haha

• Upvote (+1) 9

I read this forum every day and have to say, the amount of wins competitively Halo has received in the past two weeks is amazing. Does radar belong in competitive Halo? No probably not. But that's the way it is.

We got an amazing update with great fixes that work, observer mode, some tweaks to maps we have been asking for, an AMAZING Finals, great HWC news, DREAMHACK for Christ sake.

Progress is progress and I just have to say, this is an exciting time for Halo. Don't let one small disappointment ruin that. 2017 is still going to be an amazing year. Halo is back.

I think that's what bothers people the most, we have an incredible year ahead and this issue still hinders the gameplay and integrity around it. If it was a 50/50 split and whatnot I could see the case but it seems to be the majority of fans and players wanting it removed.

This seems more of a pride thing than logic at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So, if players want to take a stand and feel strongly against radar, would they all agree to cover radar on their screens during games? I mean at the end of the day doesn't the community/players have the ability to do this if they want? I don't see what 343/ESL could do to stop them.

I think that's what bothers people the most, we have an incredible year ahead and this issue still hinders the gameplay and integrity around it. If it was a 50/50 split and whatnot I could see the case but it seems to be the majority of fans and players wanting it removed.

Hmmmm, where have we seen 343's pride get in the way before? Hmmmmm, cough.....MLG....cough

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was told at EU finals. eSports for Halo 5 was planned to have no radar but the 343 Pro Team said it was better to have radar. Which is why we started playing radar at Gamescom and then played with stickers on the screen. Not being ignorant.....

We also heard that most Pro's wanted Breakout in the HCS, I wouldn't take that word as seriously at this point until the Pro Teams says it's them pushing it personally.

The "Breakout Misunderstanding"

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

No one is trying to force anything down your throat. The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap"  and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

No poll was ever taken with top seeded pros. It has not been a split decision whatsoever either.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

We also heard that most Pro's wanted Breakout in the HCS, I wouldn't take that word as seriously at this point until the Pro Teams says it's them pushing it personally.

The 7.4 million Halo esports enthusiasts know what they want.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yep, it's a maddeningly simple fix that would improve so much about a game that's already pretty good. It's like some great painting with a dog turd on it and a small percent of people insist the turd is part of the art.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep, it's a maddeningly simple fix that would improve so much about a game that's already pretty good. It's like some great painting with a dog turd on it and a small percent of people insist the turd is part of the art.

with some fava beans

and a nice chianti

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were moments on plaza where pistola was setting up and controlling the map, that gave me flashbacks of him locking down the pit back in h3! The wizard is officially back baby!!!! It's so awesome to see him winning again!

• Upvote (+1) 4

If better weapon placements, removal of splinter nades across the board, and SR demoted to a Tier 2 weapon isn't meaningful, then sure.

No, that's not exactly the level of change I was personally hoping for.

Those aren't even settings changes at all. That's just tweaking of on map weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll refer to @@Infinity's post:

There's A LOT of good changes there. If removing radar is the only thing that is going to please you and be considered "meaningful" then nope, nothing to see here.

Again, these are not settings changes though.

Settings are

Player movement

Spawn weapons

damage settings

Radar

Shields

etc

Taking splinters off maps, while really awesome, is not a settings change.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So when are we supposed to rally for removal of radar?  Whenever it's brought up people just put it off saying it's too close to an upcoming competition.

So when are we supposed to rally for removal of radar?  Whenever it's brought up people just put it off saying it's too close to an upcoming competition.

I thought that it was currently happening

Well the cats out of the bag

-----------------------------------------

HCS Winter Arena Changes (IN TESTING)

Unless stated otherwise, all other weapons/items remain in their current Fall Season locations

In case you don't know Tier 2 = only one per map. All Storm Rifles are now Tier 2.

Coliseum

• 1x Splinter Grenade Added Bottom Mid (Total Map Splinters: 3)
  • Removed Pyramid/Steps Splinter Grenades

Regret

• Scattershot replaced with Storm Rifle (Tunnel, Tier 2)
  • ALL Splinter Grenades REMOVED
  • Silenced Assault Rifle added Pink 1

Empire

• SAW Removed
  • Slayer/CTF/Stronghold layouts unified
  • SMGs Removed
  • Active Camo added Tower 2 (behind Barrels)
  • Silenced AR added Tower 1
  • Battle Rifle added Tower 3
  • ALL Splinter Grenades Removed
  • 1x Plasma Grenade aded to Red/Blue Sneaky
  • Slayer and/or CTF being tested, Strongholds currently unknown

Truth

• Pink 2 Battle Rifle Removed
  • Hydra Removed
  • Fuel Rod Removed
  • Red/Blue Storm Rifles Removed
  • Plasma Pistol Removed
  • Top Mid Splinters Removed
  • Battle Rifles added to Red/Blue 1 (Back of Base)
  • Storm Rifle added Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
  • Grenade Launcher placed Top Mid (Tier 3, Two Minute Timer)

The Rig

• SMG moved to Bottom Nest (FUCK. YEAH!)
  • Trench Splinters removed
  • Grenade Launcher replaces Plasma Caster
  • Scattershot replaces Shotgun
  • Needler replaces Song of Peace Suppressor
  • (Strongholds) SPNKr Rockets replace Railgun

Plaza

• ALL Splinters Removed (Top Orange, S4/Cinema Loft, Flower Bridge, U-Turn)
  • 2x Splinters Added Cafe Window
  • Storm Rifle moved back to Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
  • 2x Plasmas moved to Tram
  • 2x Plasmas moved to between Hotel & Dip
  • Un-silenced the SMG
  • Hotel Battle Rifle moved to Cafe
  • Battle Rifle added to Eastgate (Between Hotel & Lift)

Fathom

• Storm Rifles removed
  • Removed all Splinters (Treehouse & Porch)
  • 1x Splinter added to each old Storm Location (Red/Blue Sub)
  • Silenced Assault Rifle added to Treehouses (old Splinter cubby)
  • Flag Spawns moved closer to Generator
  • (Potential respawn point changes, I didn’t investigate spawns. This goes for other maps as well)

Eden

• Sniper moved slightly away from Blue Barrels
  • Shotgun replaced with Silenced Assault Rifle

Mercy

• Now in testing! Strongholds definitely, Slayer possibly
  • Storm Rifle converted to Tier 2
  • Gravity Hammer removed

Misc.

• Stasis likely removed
  • Entire gametype selections unknown
  • Assault: Unknown, but possible
  • Sandbox changes MIA

Why do they bother with these silenced weapons if you show up on radar while moving anyway?

Honestly i'd rather see AR secondary removed before radar.

Pistol only spawns. Hell, extended mag pistol only spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Quinn essentially tweeted to me that they're going to leave it be for now, everybody saw it, so I'm not sure why they're surprised. It's ridiculous beyond comprehension and has no logical sense. But it is what is is.

Quinn did say that they'd take a look at it.

As per usual, one thing is said, another is done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly i'd rather see AR secondary removed before radar.

Pistol only spawns. Hell, extended mag pistol only spawns.

I wouldn't say that's more important than radar.  But if 343 is dead set on keeping radar, removing AR as a starting weapon would be the next best thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1