CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There was a clear change in sound of the second pitch of Danoxide's noise. It is evident by my primal understanding of his native language that he believes Allegiance will go far this weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm gonna disagree. I think he's got some good articulation at points but it seems like he's just riding the momentum of the "Puckett-broadcaster-voice" tone that he has. Play by play commentary for Halo is pretty much trash across the board as it is, so it just seemed like the current casting issues with a better voice. 

I also think the whole flowchart to become a caster is so silly currently. I'm not going to name names but it seems so popular nowadays to turn your stream on and cast a scrim that pros aren't streaming and suddenly everyone is in love with your casting and you need to be at every HCS event. @@Clicked and @@FrankTheShow have casted dozens (hundreds?) of ASTRO/Beyond broadcasts and they are more of commentators than Butters or some of these others will ever be.

I didn't say that people might not have been stepped over for Butters to be there. I was just more commenting on how I thought he was doing. He's there, 343 has deemed that he was worthy of a chance, lets talk about how good of a job he did. I'm not here to debate whatever has prevented our fantastic TB casters from working with 343i. I'm just here to support a community member that I know and like in chasing his dream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna disagree. I think he's got some good articulation at points but it seems like he's just riding the momentum of the "Puckett-broadcaster-voice" tone that he has. Play by play commentary for Halo is pretty much trash across the board as it is, so it just seemed like the current casting issues with a better voice. 

I also think the whole flowchart to become a caster is so silly currently. I'm not going to name names but it seems so popular nowadays to turn your stream on and cast a scrim that pros aren't streaming and suddenly everyone is in love with your casting and you need to be at every HCS event. @@Clicked and @@FrankTheShow have casted dozens (hundreds?) of ASTRO/Beyond broadcasts and they are more of commentators than Butters or some of these others will ever be.

Guy didn't really had a chance to cast properly yet though. Would have been different if he wasn't half muted and had proper gamertags and better casting combo. Strongside is pretty much pulling down any caster most of the time. I still think he showed the talent and that it isn't only about him having a good voice.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't get what people didn't like about it. That shit was golden  :fire:

Its isnt professional enough bro!!! 

- esports CEO

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dan perfectly elucidated the state of today's competition. 

-NavG123

How is ALG the 9 seed? They're going up against Inconceivable way too early

Because they ran into Inconceivable early in the seeding tourny and lost. If they'd won INC would be the 9 seed and we'd be in the same spot right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2