CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Its jax...no suspector with the rockets, and thats a kill on...blue 2."

How does 343 not have a solution for this

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No game sound now :( 

Such crapola. 

Are they going to be doing the separate red/blue listen in twitch streams?

They can barely balance the audio and get the face cams/names working lol.

Spectator mode is just the worse :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

I personally think Butters is doing a fantastic job. Strongside seems to only be saying what is happening, Butters seems to add... idk. A little more color to it? Not just your generic: "Player X is here, Player Y picking up rockets, Player Z is missing his shots."

He's had some stumbles but its his first time. I would like to see him when this is small potatoes and he gets in his groove.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Strongside should stick to play by play....

Spartan threw nades to BLOCK spawns in bunker and SS said he was trying to find players there.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Strongside should stick to play by play....

Spartan threw nades to BLOCK spawns in bunker and SS said he was trying to find players there.

nades don't block spawns
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally think Butters is doing a fantastic job. Strongside seems to only be saying what is happening, Butters seems to add... idk. A little more color to it? Not just your generic: "Player X is here, Player Y picking up rockets, Player Z is missing his shots."

He's had some stumbles but its his first time. I would like to see him when this is small potatoes and he gets in his groove.

I'm gonna disagree. I think he's got some good articulation at points but it seems like he's just riding the momentum of the "Puckett-broadcaster-voice" tone that he has. Play by play commentary for Halo is pretty much trash across the board as it is, so it just seemed like the current casting issues with a better voice. 

I also think the whole flowchart to become a caster is so silly currently. I'm not going to name names but it seems so popular nowadays to turn your stream on and cast a scrim that pros aren't streaming and suddenly everyone is in love with your casting and you need to be at every HCS event. @@Clicked and @@FrankTheShow have casted dozens (hundreds?) of ASTRO/Beyond broadcasts and they are more of commentators than Butters or some of these others will ever be.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I'm gonna disagree. I think he's got some good articulation at points but it seems like he's just riding the momentum of the "Puckett-broadcaster-voice" tone that he has. Play by play commentary for Halo is pretty much trash across the board as it is, so it just seemed like the current casting issues with a better voice. 

I also think the whole flowchart to become a caster is so silly currently. I'm not going to name names but it seems so popular nowadays to turn your stream on and cast a scrim that pros aren't streaming and suddenly everyone is in love with your casting and you need to be at every HCS event. @@Clicked and @@FrankTheShow have casted dozens (hundreds?) of ASTRO/Beyond broadcasts and they are more of commentators than Butters or some of these others will ever be.

Agreed on Clicked, but all my memories of Frank at live events include him and u4ix kinda just casually casting. Like Legion and Joe Fries. Granted he is pretty decent during the Beyond 4v4 stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These issues really need to be ironed out by tomorrow.

Yes, that's very important. I want to be hyped like crazy. 

There has got to be player names, no excuses to not have custom Gamertags. Not like using the generic tags are speeding the stream along.....