CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Was going to make a funny account to post this but I'm lazy.

Where is the "crowd funding for all tournaments"?????

It's for the Dreamhack Pro League season finals and Worlds.

Any crowd funding promotions for other tournaments are through the TO, not through REQs.

Note to self....Don't ask posters for cliff-notes after a long post...will result in -53 rep.

Can you tldr this post please  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Note to self....Don't ask posters for cliff-notes after a long post...will result in -53 rep.

Note to self... read long posts...

• Upvote (+1) 3

E6 almost got relegated with a much more talented roster.

Even if we call Bubu & Naded.

Shooter & Suspector outclass Str8 SicK & Nem.

Nem has been an AM player, and Str8 SicK is literally the line between Pro Player & AM player

"Oh shit, we need a 4th and there's no AM player tearing shit up? Pick up Str8 Sick"

There have been two relegations, and only one player has been a part of both.

You guessed it, Str8 Sick.

He was also on the team that 3-0d and 3-1d str8 at Vegas on route to placing third. Yeah the situation is lame but str8 sick is really good at this game. Don't diminish that
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

This whole debacle kind of reminds me of 'boostgate' from CS. The insane reaction from the community and pros alike, digging hard for a counter-rule etc. Room on Fire started a new series with 'boostgate' as the first episode.

Reading the masses of posts I saw the sentiment that Halo 'couldn't catch a break' wallowing in self pity. With how much truly scandalous shit has gone on in other games (namely CS with hacking, match throwing, game exploits, team contract debacles, game breaking balance changes etc), hopefully one day we can look back at this with the same perspective that it is just one point in a continuous journey moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3b1ANZ_Dyk

Yeah, kinda similar but I would say cratos is still much worse.

Without watching the video IIRC:

When Fnatic made the boost everybody was debating if it was legal. If it was pixelwalk or not. Funny thing was that LDLC did ALMOST the same boost, but their boost wasn't as mapbreaking as fnatics cuz they couldn't see as much of the map. Everybody reacted so much harder on fnatics boost cuz the boost was put on YouTube by a random and they saw it and wanted to use it and told the guy to take the video down so they could keep it themselves. AND that it essentially killed the hype this match had because it was the two best teams at the time facing of in the quarter of a dreamhack major. The boost made a 13-3 comeback possible that won them the game and series. But everybody felt that LDLC was the better team so it felt unfair.

In the end the ruling came that determined both boost equally illegal cuz both boosts made it possible to (kinda) see through a wall more to the right from where they were standing towards the spawn. Even though they didn't really use that. (I have a vague memory that the LDLC player tried shooting through it, but not sure). Meaning fnatics boost was not pixelwalk.

So it was decided that the map should be replayed, but Fnatic had gotten so much hate from the community because of their boost that they said "They had lost the fun in playing" so they forfeited the match and LDLC went on to win the tournament.

If we apply this situation to the @@Cratos pro seed thing, If Cratos is Fnatic. It means that Cratos finally comes to his senses and gives his pro seed to Inconcievable. Which isn't likely.

Another thing that makes this worse is that ESL didn't really take responsibility (imo) to interpret the rules as they intended from the beginning, but instead blindly followed what cratos/showtime told them should be allowed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

:intel:  according to my sources commonly, falcated, apg, and potentially ace have all gotten pre event haircuts  :intel:

Big if true.

• Upvote (+1) 9

:intel:  according to my sources commonly, falcated, apg, and potentially ace have all gotten pre event haircuts  :intel:

yes but what about cratos

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reposting for those that missed out last time

Is this supposed to be an insult or a compliment?

I'm old and don't get it...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yo man can't forget naded he even vlogged his 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yo man can't forget naded he even vlogged his

Yeah man Naded's haircut was so fresh it was fresher than that smoothie fresher than those sheets he had to go put in the laundry damn so fresh

• Upvote (+1) 2