CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Something's missing for sure, we just don't know what it is. Radar debate? No let's throw in a silenced AR  :wutface:

It really is baffling.

Is AR still a secondary? If not then I can understand the change. (not catching up 39 pages, my bad if it's posted)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who hyped settings changes? ESL hyped the 2017 events they would be running. Simms mentioned that settings are being looked at. A few hours ago Tiberius mentioned he had faith that setting changed would be good since Ghost was working on them.

But beyond that, any hype seems like it was just the community acting like radar was removed without any substantial evidence to support it.

And the changes that Ghost has made all seem positive.

Some of the EU seems to have taken upon itself to assume that radar is or has been removed and has started running custom lobbies no radar, when we got worlds qualification starting in literally a few weeks do people really see HWC having that? For the record I am and always will be a massive supporter and continue to push for no radar but the first online NA stuff starts January 14th, I just don't see them removing it so close to the start of the event when it will completely change the game/meta, which it will.

On topic of settings - Pretty happy to see a decent overhaul, Ghost and the Side seem to be doing gods work and overall very positive, I still think a weapon balance is drastically needed and a few of these changes are simply hiding some issues rather than repairing, I've been asking for sniper magnetism to be lowered since the alpha testing and it's still ridiculously/stupidly easy to land a headshot.

Back to non-silenced smg, happy but triggered it was ever changed.

More SPNKr rockets, triggered because they are terrible and this means we potentially are still using 2 different types of rockets in Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Your opinion is wrong.

Radar is bad.

Opinion.

I meant to upvote my bad.

If you like radar you can leave

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I have to agree with GoldenNade. Seems like the people who expected No Radar made an assumption with no evidence. Where has Quinn/Ghost/ANYONE said that No Radar was even a realistic possibility. Sure, pro's advocated and tested it, but does that really matter when nobody who can actually make changes came forth about it? The story would have been different if it didn't feel like it fell on deaf ears at the time of that TB tourny for example.

If I'm wrong, point me in the direction of 343's evidence to actually consider it. I've only ever seen Quinn and co ask for feedback about specific gametypes and weapon placement.

Just my $0.02.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think people who expected no radar/changed radar just expected a reasonable and well thought out response to the concerns people have with Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have to agree with GoldenNade. Seems like the people who expected No Radar made an assumption with no evidence. Where has Quinn/Ghost/ANYONE said that No Radar was even a realistic possibility. Sure, pro's advocated and tested it, but does that really matter when nobody who can actually make changes came forth about it? The story would have been different if it didn't feel like it fell on deaf ears at the time of that TB tourny for example.

If I'm wrong, point me in the direction of 343's evidence to actually consider it. I've only ever seen Quinn and co ask for feedback about specific gametypes and weapon placement.

Just my $0.02.

Why does that even matter? Who cares if people set themselves up for disappointment. What's important is that big figures such as Simms and T2 are speaking out against radar. Then pretty much all the pros want it gone. Right now is the best time to advocate for the removal of radar and to show our disapproval of it.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I am more tilted that Eden Slayer is still in the game to be honest

Why?

Rig TS is the one that's imbalanced af lately :)

As for the silenced AR... At least it's not a Silenced SMG?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why does that even matter? Who cares if people set themselves up for disappointment. What's important is that big figures such as Simms and T2 are speaking out against radar. Then pretty much all the pros want it gone. Right now is the best time to advocate for the removal of radar and to show our disapproval of it.

I'm just shocked so many people are surprised it's still in at this stage of testing. That's all.

Something's missing for sure, we just don't know what it is. Radar debate? No let's throw in a silenced AR :wutface:

It's simply a way to reduce weapons on map without reducing weapons on map. Id rather a boltshot but it's nothing to complain about

Can everyone please stop this toxicity real quick these forums are depressing me thank you

Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Automatic Weapons with headshot bonuses, Automatic Weapons lower TTK than precision weapons, Stasis, Rig TS, Radar, Three gametypes, Spectate reticle still broken, 2gre is retired, No LAN, Sniper Magnetism, no forge maps, fps drops, 4 man groups vs solos, pulse grenades, hitmarks. Notice not one of those were given a positive or negative connotation? The toxicity writes itself. I just supplied aspects of the game, whether or not you find them positive or negative, well, that's just the way it is.

Yes I'm  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Automatic Weapons with headshot bonuses, Automatic Weapons lower TTK than precision weapons, Stasis, Rig TS, Radar, Three gametypes, Spectate reticle still broken, 2gre is retired, No LAN, Sniper Magnetism, no forge maps, fps drops, 4 man groups vs solos, pulse grenades, hitmarks. Notice not one of those were given a positive or negative connotation? The toxicity writes itself. I just supplied aspects of the game, whether or not you find them positive or negative, well, that's just the way it is.

Yes I'm  :salt:

ok see this toxicity is why.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some of the EU seems to have taken upon itself to assume that radar is or has been removed and has started running custom lobbies no radar, when we got worlds qualification starting in literally a few weeks do people really see HWC having that? For the record I am and always will be a massive supporter and continue to push for no radar but the first online NA stuff starts January 14th, I just don't see them removing it so close to the start of the event when it will completely change the game/meta, which it will.

On topic of settings - Pretty happy to see a decent overhaul, Ghost and the Side seem to be doing gods work and overall very positive, I still think a weapon balance is drastically needed and a few of these changes are simply hiding some issues rather than repairing, I've been asking for sniper magnetism to be lowered since the alpha testing and it's still ridiculously/stupidly easy to land a headshot.

Back to non-silenced smg, happy but triggered it was ever changed.

More SPNKr rockets, triggered because they are terrible and this means we potentially are still using 2 different types of rockets in Arena.

qIOlC9E.png

Umm.. did they remove theater mode?...

It's in the Community section now.

The game with radar is stale and boring to watch.

That just isn't true. No one likes getting cheesed/average by radar plays and it undoubtedly has its downsides but Halo 5 is still hella fun to watch, I think most can agree on that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

ok see this toxicity is why.

It's not toxic to list parts of the game. You associate it with toxicity simply because of how shit the mechanics are. I'm not the one supplying the toxicity here. That was my point, all I did was list aspects of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2