CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't understand why Vivi feels comfortable saying this:

In previous situations of a player leaving a team, the team has been allowed to replace the player without or with a reduced penalty and the player is then ineligible to compete in the Pro League for a period of time. Now, the HWC is not entirely an HCS event and should not be treated as such, and therefore rather than facing a period of ineligibility, the penalty would be tied to the eligibility to receive seeding points throughout a portion of the qualifying process. Enigma6, following past precedent in the League, will be allowed to replace bubu dubu and retain their position in the league, as well as their top 8 seed for the UGC St. Louis Qualifier.

when the rules clearly state this (Section 2.3):

If a player wishes to leave their team for any reason during a season outside of the season’s Transfer Period, that player will become ineligible to participate in the HCS Pro League for a period of time.

● If the player leaves a team outside of the current season’s Transfer Period, they will be ineligible to compete, as a substitute player or as a full member of a team’s roster, until the start of the fourth (4th) week of the following season.

If we're operating under the logic that bubu dubu left his Showtime submitted team with Cratos after the rosters were locked, then bubu dubu should not be allowed to compete. It's that simple.

This is obviously not the outcome that I want. I want bubu dubu to compete with the seed he rightfully earned by abiding by ESL's rule of two. But, I bring it up to demonstrate that it is well within ESL's power to bend the rules to give bubu the seed. They're already bending the rules by allowing bubu dubu to compete, and in my opinion, the rule that they're bending is a more serious and less vaguely phrased word than the rule regarding Managers and team changes. 

Look at the phrasing Vivi uses to follow up that paragraph:

This follows the policy of roster changes being submitted and controlled by the team’s manager, as well as treating the situation in a similar manner to players leaving teams in the past.

They're "following the policy of roster changes being submitted... by the team's manager," but only "treating the situation in a similar manner" in regards to letting bubu compete. How is that consistent?

ESL is trying to simultaneously tell us that these are the rules, the rules have to be followed and that it's okay to break our rules when it provides a more favorable outcome for us.

If you feel comfortable enough to bend your rules to allow bubu dubu to compete, then you should also bend them to give him the seed. He earned it. Cratos did not.

• Upvote (+1) 9

How could you create an esport, and not care about its integrity...

They read all these comments and think "oh they don't have the full story, we're totally justified"

How could you be so ignorant about a situation...

It literally, actually, completely baffles me

• Upvote (+1) 3

How could you create an esport, and not care about its integrity...

They read all these comments and think "oh they don't have the full story, we're totally justified"

How could you be so ignorant about a situation...

It literally, actually, completely baffles me

This is normal in every other esport/ professional sport and halo seems to be the one thing in life where signing a contract means nothing I guess.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 41

This is normal in every other esport/ professional sport and halo seems to be the one thing in life where signing a contract means nothing I guess.

no

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't raised the same as you. If had an opportunity to gain something I didn't deserve off someone based on a technicality, not only would I not do it. I COULDNT do it.

It just wouldn't feel right, I would genuinely feel ashamed. I can't fathom how your mind works.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't raised the same as you. If had an opportunity to gain something I didn't deserve off someone based on a technicality, not only would I not do it. I COULDNT do it.

It just wouldn't feel right, I would genuinely feel ashamed. I can't fathom how your mind works.

I won at relegations in my mind I do deserve to be in the pro league
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 52

*Bubu and Shooter carried me at relegations in my mind I do deserve to be in the pro league over them even though they did all the work

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You meant to say you got carried out of relegations. That is what the stats show.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Your team won. A team you no longer play with. Two of your other teammates also deserve that spot. They had that spot. But you took that spot, by lying and saying he was on your team, even if there was a contract involved you were completely aware he wasn't on your team, and then said he left. Youre okay with that? Your okay with the thought that the only way you can get into pro league is by those means? You arnt excited by the opportunity to prove yourself with a new team? You arnt excited by the opportunity to prove people wrong?

I seriously don't even think we could possibly be the same species..

• Upvote (+1) 3

"You" did so as a team not as an individual, now the majority of said team does not hold the seed. That's were the problem lies. The fact you've spent all day justifying it (horribly I might add) hints at a guilty conscience. The rules were bent in your favor and you accept it, if you're going to be "the villain" as you feel you need to be at least also be a man and own up to your actions. I would advise the same for your coach. Just say you found a loophole and you're done discussing it.

I don't feel guilty at all. If Jesse would have not been able to play I would feel bad but I also wouldn't have done it if that was the case. Also the rules were not bent for me at all. If anything it was bent for Jesse. Y'all tripping about something so insignificant
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 37

I don't feel guilty at all. If Jesse would have not been able to play I would feel bad but I also wouldn't have done it if that was the case. Also the rules were not bent for me at all. If anything it was bent for Jesse. Y'all tripping about something so insignificant

I don't believe that you believe what youre saying.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Your team won. A team you no longer play with. Two of your other teammates also deserve that spot. They had that spot. But you took that spot, by lying and saying he was on your team, even if there was a contract involved you were completely aware he wasn't on your team, and then said he left. Youre okay with that? Your okay with the thought that the only way you can get into pro league is by those means? You arnt excited by the opportunity to prove yourself with a new team? You arnt excited by the opportunity to prove people wrong?

I seriously don't even think we could possibly be the same species..

less than a week before that I was teaming with suspector and they didn't have the the e6 seed cus me and Ayden did. I mean that's not the only way I can get into the pro league cus I obviously have been in it for 2 seasons. You're acting like I still don't have to work really hard to qualify for worlds and to stay in the pro league. I still do have the opportunity to prove people wrong. And am still excited about my new team
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 23

H2oY1un.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

less than a week before that I was teaming with suspector and they didn't have the the e6 seed cus me and Ayden did. I mean that's not the only way I can get into the pro league cus I obviously have been in it for 2 seasons. You're acting like I still don't have to work really hard to qualify for worlds and to stay in the pro league. I still do have the opportunity to prove people wrong. And am still excited about my new team

You will have to work hard. But I could never feel satisfied sitting at the top knowing I got there from manipulating people and taking shortcuts

TIL a pro seed is insignificant. so insignificant that you stole one

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ayden was on your team a week ago? Then why not put his name down? Why Bubu? Because you knew he was the only one under contract. The only person you could manipulate
  • Upvote (+1) 3

What really sucks is he took the seed AND formed a garbage bottom 2 team that will just be in relegations again next split.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1