CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also can someone tell me how theMoneyMatches works? Thats all I see them do is give out ludicrous amounts of money to different teams, players and other entities, but where does their money come from? What do they do?

No matter what cratos says or vivi says they followed the rules blah blah. They still submitted a roster with a player they knew was not gonna team with them. IMO showtime and cratos should both be banned or suspended

It's a shitty situation but if Cratos didn't break any rules then why should he be banned or suspended? If someone else did it would you make it that big of a deal or is it because he is Cratos?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a shitty situation but if Cratos didn't break any rules then why should he be banned or suspended? If someone else did it would you make it that big of a deal or is it because he is Cratos?

if someone submittedted a false roster then yes I would say the same thing.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Another good one. At about the 30 min mark they talk about payouts, Halo, Sony, the PS controllers, ESL and MLG, and how they are really envious of the gears and Halo scenes right now in some regards. At one point they call the entire COD tournament scene a complete mess in comparison.

They straight up name drop and discuss Huke at 1:08:00

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also can someone tell me how theMoneyMatches works? Thats all I see them do is give out ludicrous amounts of money to different teams, players and other entities, but where does their money come from? What do they do?

CEO has a lot of money and yeah. It's similar to Mockit in Rocket League except they actually run tournaments. Mockit is a TO that does online tourneys and used to have a really good 3v3 RLCS team. The CEO is super shady and the community generally has a bad outlook toward MOckit similar to TMMT. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guaruntee you the outrage would be the same if anyone else pulled this shit.

But interestingly, it COULD have happened in any of the other roster situations, but didn't because no one else is this slimy. 'coincidently' the same two people who pulled this stunt, threw pro league matches and tried to game the roster lock once before.

• Upvote (+1) 3

if someone submittedted a false roster then yes I would say the same thing.

It wouldnt matter if it were snakebitr or pistola. Its next-level bullshit done to cheat a player out of a hard fought pro seed. Its just not surprising that of all the people to pull a stunt like this, cratos is the one to do it. What is surprising us the esl doesnt really seem to care.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That Cratos Xbox video is definitely one of the greatest missed meme opportunities of this Halo generation.

I was honestly planning some material around that until you said this.

How the fuck can potential "penalties" against Bubu be justified?

I'm genuinely curious.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been snowboarding in Colorado since the 7th, will be home Monday. Just to confirm the current drama:

1) Showtime submitted a roster with Cratos and Bubu as the to2 + 2 knowing that Bubu was in fact NOT a part of that team.

2) ESL accepts said roster, giving Cratos and Showtime the Pro League Seed.

3) Bubu then is forced to leave said roster, potentially leading to punishment by ESL.

4) ESL acknowledges the fuckery, but as of now has not rectified the situation.

5) The players that performed the shade, tells everybody that nothing shady happened. 

Bonus:

5) Naded said he would leave the team if anything shady occurred to give his team a pro seed.

6) Money Matches diligently defends E6 on the basis that they werent involved.

7) Community backlashes and says E6 must have been involved.

8) Pros complain on Twitter about single elimination tournaments, though most never complained about them until they have to be a part of them.

Have I missed anything today?

I'm genuinely curious.

The same justification for Stellur getting fined for getting sabotaged.

The same justification for team managers are also being team gods

The same justification for Worlds 2016 being single elimination

.... Because ESL doesn't have a clue what they are doing

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm genuinely curious.

They're going to justify it because he left the bullshit roster showtime/cratos submitted. Not that it makes any sense considering he never planned or agreed to be on that team and e6 dropped the whole team anyway so the end result would have been him leaving the team anyway. They are going to prevent some of his potential seed point earnings so that when Vegas comes around for qualification they will be in a worse spot as a team. So everyone that teams with bubu is actually being punished. At least they aren't making him sit out I guess.

I've been snowboarding in Colorado since the 7th, will be home Monday. Just to confirm the current drama:

1) Showtime submitted a roster with Cratos and Bubu as the to2 + 2 knowing that Bubu was in fact NOT a part of that team.

2) ESL accepts said roster, giving Cratos and Showtime the Pro League Seed.

3) Bubu then is forced to leave said roster, potentially leading to punishment by ESL.

4) ESL acknowledges the fuckery, but as of now has not rectified the situation.

5) The players that performed the shade, tells everybody that nothing shady happened. 

Bonus:

5) Naded said he would leave the team if anything shady occurred to give his team a pro seed.

6) Money Matches diligently defends E6 on the basis that they werent involved.

7) Community backlashes and says E6 must have been involved.

8) Pros complain on Twitter about single elimination tournaments, though most never complained about them until they have to be a part of them.

Have I missed anything today?

Bubu wasn't forced to leave the roster. 

And E6 wasn't involved. They just sold everything to moneymatches and left the scene. They've been wanting to leave Halo since December (maybe earlier) 

And E6 wasn't involved. They just sold everything to moneymatches and left the scene. They've been wanting to leave Halo since December (maybe earlier)

I call bullshit. If they weren't involved why wait until right after roster lock to finally announce your leaving Halo? Why did cratos mention multiple times about "contracts"? Don't tell me they weren't aware of what was happening and that they couldn't have done something to make it right.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Correct me if I'm wrong...but if Bubu wanted to compete on a different team, but was fraudulently signed to a different roster...would he not be forced to leave? I understand he was not "forced" by the team, but more so by shitty rules if he wanted to compete with who HE wanted to compete with...no?

Do we know for sure that Money Matches purchased E6? I've not seen a single announcement or statement from any players involved other than speculation. 

I call bullshit. If they weren't involved why wait until right after roster lock to finally announce your leaving Halo? Why did cratos mention multiple times about "contracts"? Don't tell me they weren't aware of what was happening and that they couldn't have done something to make it right.

I watched like...3 minutes of his video, and he mentioned contracts at least 5 times...If they were not involved, contracts would be irrelevant. 

Do we know for sure that Money Matches purchased E6? I've not seen a single announcement or statement from any players involved other than speculation.

Neither have I. I don't even know where this is coming from other then a MM tweeting that they knew a bit about the situation and the contracts in question. But nothing announced about transferring contracts or pro spot going to MM or anyone else at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm open to the idea that I'm completely incorrect (I am just a simple memer at heart), but based on the explanations I've seen the only logical and fair course of action available is to award Bubu's team the seed and penalize Cratos/Showtime for unethical behavior that's detrimental to the business. I still haven't seen a single rule explanation that properly explains how it's even feasible that Bubu's team doesn't have the seed.

But again, that's just the take of a simple memer that surely doesn't understand the inner workings of legitimate business   :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Neither have I. I don't even know where this is coming from other then a MM tweeting that they knew a bit about the situation and the contracts in question. But nothing announced about transferring contracts or pro spot going to MM or anyone else at this point.

E6 stated that the contracts have been transferred, but as of now its unknown to whom. Money Matches is a good guess, but as of now its purely speculation. 

How are you going to let a gambling site own a team? That seems incredibly shady on its own if it ends up being true. 

How are you going to let a gambling site own a team? That seems incredibly shady on its own if it ends up being true. 

I dont see a problem with it. Its the same as Poker websites sponsoring Poker Pros, no?

I watched like...3 minutes of his video, and he mentioned contracts at least 5 times...If they were not involved, contracts would be irrelevant.

Exactly. Anyone with half a brain can figure this out. If e6 dissolves the Halo team then the contracts become void. They purposely didn't do this so that cratos and showtime could submit a roster under the existing e6 org which would include bubu. Same reason the e6 name was on the announcement, they had to keep it until after roster lock if they were going to keep the pro spot. It is clear they were aware of the situation but decided to not do the right thing.

• Upvote (+1) 6