CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey friends, stay awhile and listen.

I'm pretty late to the party, but I just saw Saucey getting hamboned on twitter by some dingbat about Beyond being cancerous. Which my response to this nonsense is simply: :wutface: .

I've decided to read back on this forum for a bit to get a feel for the drama. There is a ton going on, and to be frank I didn't go back to any ridiculous drama that has occurred over the last year+ so if there is something I'm missing be sure to correct where applicable.

To be honest, whenever I see these orgs in esports that always do the "want to look good" or "we're just a family who want to be in esports"; tells me they don't care about the health of esports as a whole. They want clicks, likes, and young kids to buy their merch (working with orgs you get to know which ones are good and which ones are just shit). I frankly don't interact with E6 in any capacity, and when I see them around other games and events I just don't get the vibe of a team who wants to be in esports because they love it. Tell me if I'm wrong but wasn't E6 made by some family cause their kid wanted an esports team? If that's true that's just sad.

On the topic of Showtime and Cratos, they need to be removed from HCS. Period. "Business Decision" :kappa:

HCS has been a unique beast. I remember getting into a call with Quinn Del Hoyo about a future partnership with 343 and the company I worked for at the time. Things never went the way I wanted to, but I thought 343 and ESL have things covered. Coming into this now and reading the news, there needs to be people who can walk into ESL HQ in CA on day 1 and say "this shit is wrong, and here's how we can fix it." To me, this seeding and ability to curt rules should have no place where competitive integrity exists. In essence, due to some loophole, players get shafted cause some guy gets mad about being kicked from a team cause he couldn't perform (not sure how good Cratos actually is, someone chime in here). This should not happen in ANY LEAGUE.

I know that 343 and ESL have a partnership which extend to broadcasting rights to the game,

Golf clap!

Not to take away from your point.... but..... GIVE THIS MAN A LIKE!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Golf clap!

Not to take away from your point.... but..... GIVE THIS MAN A LIKE!

Dam Son

HOafOK0.jpg

Appreciate the response.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ninja gets banned from twitch for doxxing a racist piece of shit

and then turns around a few weeks later and uses "gay" as a homophobic insult 

don't want to start a flamewar here but alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight let's be consistent here

edit: i worded this poorly, my bad

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 24

What I don't understand is why Vivi/ESl etc hasn't fixed the situation. It's obviously an abuse of the rules. It isn't even a technicality. 

I don't think there has been a clear answer as to why they have to keep it this way. Orgs taking advantage of players should be something the league should try to defend, not encourage. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sad to see. Appears the e6/cratos sent him over the edge?

Also Kelby tweet

Kelby is an idiot, how dare him put Idra on that List. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok so here is what should have happened since it sounds like cratos/showtime verified with ESL that this douchebaggery would work.

Cratos - ok so if we submit a false roster at the 11th hour and force the "player leaving" rule, i keep my pro league spot?

ESL - uhh technically yes

.... day of roster lock ....

Cratos - ok lets screw these kids over and steal their spot. LETS GOOO!

ESL - yeah sooo... we changed the rules last night and this wont work anymore. You probably didnt get the email yet sry! Good luck in the AM bracket bitches

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just caught up on the shenanigans.

Was I the only one that expected the Cratos video to be phone footage of him saying, "everyone's saying I stole bubu's pro seed? Where? Where's the pro seed? Do you see the pro seed?" As he checks behind his monitor and setup.

Extremely disappointed.

That Cratos Xbox video is definitely one of the greatest missed meme opportunities of this Halo generation.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ninja seems so angry in scrims all the time. I dunno, it doesnt look like he enjoys it anymore.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja seems so angry in scrims all the time. I dunno, it doesnt look like he enjoys it anymore.

Always been that way
  • Upvote (+1) 2