CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yep, cuz halos in great shape. LOL is big enough where format doesnt matter

Do you think LOL would be nearly as big in NA and EU if they made teams fly out to Korea and beat Korean teams to qualify for the biggest event of the year?

worlds CHAMPIONSHIPS. Best in the world, how does this not make sense to anyone.

If teams from all over the world aren't present or have negligible representation how can you crown best in the world? If you only have NA teams there all you can say is they are the best in NA.

The best 4 teams in the world will be the ones taking home 100k+ at Worlds. How many bottom feeding NA teams are invited really doesn't matter.

Thank Christ you're not in charge of Halo or LOL.

Even Che Chou wouldn't do something so detrimental to the scene.

QDeJ6wK.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty big surprise, but nice to see at least 1 player from last Worlds' Allegiance on their 2017 squad. 

On downside, hope this doesn't mean return of E6 for Bubu/Shooter squad.

If teams from all over the world aren't present or have negligible representation how can you crown best in the world? If you only have NA teams there all you can say is they are the best in NA.

idk, ask Major League Baseball why they call it the world series? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

They streamed every match last year with 16 teams in attendance. Single Elim bracket though.

Yeah, I think last years format was terrible though.

I'd like this 16 team setup

Group A (2NA teams, 1EU,1ANZ)

Group B (2NA teams, 1EU,1LAT)

Group C (2NA teams, 1EU,1LAT)

Group D (2NA teams, 1EU,1ANZ)

*you could replace some of the international teams with more NA teams if necessary

Bottom 4 from pools eliminated

Double elimination from here on out:

Top 5- 12 from pools have wildcard to make winner quarterfinals (internationals guarunteed their shot on stream!)

Top 4 from pools go to winners quarter finals

You don't stream all matches, just the most compelling ones.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I pray he is not in charge of anything with this logic.

My first accidental neg. Which if I recall correctly might have actually worked out in this case?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey all, got my third piece up for those interested.

This one has my thoughts on the return of the GOAT. Can't wait to see 2gre compete again.

Also, articles will be coming up every Tuesday and Friday going forward. I'll still post them here / on Reddit as long as you guys are cool with it! Also, still happy to hear suggestions and feedback on here / twitter wherever. Thanks for the support so far!

http://thegamehaus.com/2017/01/13/ogre-2s-return-to-halo-friday/

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wow, that ALG news is kind of a plot twist. There was a dude in bubu's chat yesterday, Lenny_FPS I think, who was adamant that bubu's team wasn't going to be ALG. I have no idea who he is, but he was confident about that. I think he said they're still E6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The CSGO Major is valve's equivalent to Worlds/COD Champs and it's what Halo should ultimately be striving for as an end game an international event where any team from any region can potentially take the event.

But the Halo scene isn't that that point yet aside from Fabe all the other international teams are basically free wins to the NA teams so we should only have one team from each region and the rest should be NA rosters for the sake of competitive integrity of worlds tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, that ALG news is kind of a plot twist. There was a dude in bubu's chat yesterday, Lenny_FPS I think, who was adamant that bubu's team wasn't going to be ALG. I have no idea who he is, but he was confident about that. I think he said they're still E6.

Isn't Lenny the Problem Solvers manager? Or was? Think he's a Spartan mod as well.

Re: Towey's blog, yes not much new info, but the stress is palpable - glad that Roybox stayed with EG, and I think this roster with Contra/Dev is a lot stronger than the one with Ace/APG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

newsflash: the point of the HCS is to sell games, not be some idealistic competitive integrity bs

i'm happy for ALG but i can't help but feel like bubu's squad is going to outplace them

• Upvote (+1) 4

Whoever who's been arguing about format needs to relax. Nothing is gonna change for 2017, sit back, enjoy the events and bring back your feedback when Worlds is over. Most of all, just chill.

when TB hasn't complained about settings for a single page of posts

n08A8NO.jpg?fb

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

we really have more of an worldwide invitational than a true worlds. which is fine if they just advertised it that way: "we have invited X number of teams for these regions to compete for a million dollars." we can't have a true worlds since there is almost no way to have international teams be able to play each other for qualifiers, unless 343 wants to fly teams to lans throughout the year to compete for a final championship at the end of the year

• Upvote (+1) 1

when TB hasn't complained about settings for a single page of posts

n08A8NO.jpg?fb

No RadAR

Isn't Lenny the Problem Solvers manager? Or was? Think he's a Spartan mod as well.

Re: Towey's blog, yes not much new info, but the stress is palpable - glad that Roybox stayed with EG, and I think this roster with Contra/Dev is a lot stronger than the one with Ace/APG.

Yeah, it was him: https://twitter.com/LennyFPS

Lol could've just googled him yesterday.

newsflash: the point of the HCS is to sell games, not be some idealistic competitive integrity bs

i'm happy for ALG but i can't help but feel like bubu's squad is going to outplace them

Halo 5 is the 39th best selling shooter of all time.

But hey...at least it's the 2nd 3rd best XBOX One seller.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks that season finals should be sort of like a mini worlds instead of having two separate events for each region just combine them into one international event.

You can even keep the same format the pro league teams that remain after relegation get invited and play for the combined prize pool.

I think it would be better overall to have it as one event viewership wise and it gives EU teams a chance to play against NA teams on LAN making worlds more competitive overall.