CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If nothing else, I appreciate Sketch coming here earlier and warning us that some of us will probably be disappointed.

@@ske7ch Bad news isn't fun to bring, but I appreciate the honesty. One of my favorite posts from a 343 employee here was saying that if people don't like sprint, and if they think sprint ruins the game, then they shouldn't buy Halo 5. As much as people didn't like that, at least everyone knew what they were getting in to if they bought the game.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I mean the maps will still play better with less autos and the like. Small potatoes. 

shit covered in sprinkles is still shit

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Why it was ever silenced to begin with is one of Halo 5's greatest mysteries  :holmes:

What makes you think that?

AR Pick ups on the map. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

AR Pick ups on the map.

I touched on it in another post a few mins ago but I think it's just a way to trick people into dropping an AR that will basically have infinite ammo for a gun with a tiny advantage for a short time.

We'll see, I guess.

@@TiberiusAudley didn't you say that the settings were improved??

Fuel Rod removed from Truth, precision weapons moved back to bases, Grenade Launcher added and reduced Splinter grenades across the board. Much improved.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I touched on it in another post a few mins ago but I think it's just a way to trick people into dropping an AR that will basically have infinite ammo for a gun with a tiny advantage for a short time.

We'll see, I guess.

Fuel Rod removed from Truth, precision weapons moved back to bases, Grenade Launcher added and reduced Splinter grenades across the board. Much improved.

I really hope not. 

Pistol starts would just make the game a better watch. More 1v1 FAIR battles. A chance to win a fight when you come off respawn. etc.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What makes you say he's better than el town? I disagree with you so I want to hear your reasoning.

I think he's more versatile, with a much better shot. He's improved a ton since the beginning of pro league and more than holds his own against better teams. I just feel like el town fills a specific void and not much else. At some point you have to wonder why every team ends up wanting to drop him
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yep, I officially don't give a fuck about H5 again. The jolly gang of idiots aka 343 just sucked all the excitement out of me, don't even have any desire to attend an event anymore.

This should be moderated no joke. No matter how mad everyone is right now.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 5

what is the problem with removing radar for HCS? 

Come on @@Deez swallow whatever pride you have and get rid of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This should be moderated no joke. No matter how mad everyone is right now.

What'd he say that was bad? Honestly confused. What he said is probably what 90% of us feel right now. I've got about two paragraphs of bs that I'd love to type that's about 100x worse but would probably incriminate me.

• Upvote (+1) 8

After doing a bunch of intense research I found the guy who is in charge of making the Arena changes for 343. They just drop him in forge every couple of months and whatever changes he makes is what the pros play. He has a special intuition about these sort of things. Who needs radar changes or weapon tuning when you have this guy (live footage): 

x44WZIg.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I actually like a lot of the changes made. I'm hoping this is just the first batch of changes with no radar and other tweaks to follow.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I actually like a lot of the changes made. I'm hoping this is just the first batch of changes with no radar and other tweaks to follow.

They're certainly an improvement, just not as big of one as most were hoping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please, do remember all:

These changes are likely going to be in a test playlist, and still can be changed.

Fortunately, the map changes I like a lot. Could do with splinters being removed as a whole, but this is far superior to previous settings.

But radar is still there in its current form.

No. Bueno.

If ARs are no longer secondary, this may possibly be slightly tolerable. If not, then we have a serious problem. At this point, I feel like nothing short of pros starting games without radar on will make any change. 343 fixes the medium and small sized things but refuses to address the elephants in the room (autos being OP / radar existing for whatever reason). 

Quinn did say that they would take another look at radar.

Hopefully this isn't more of his arrogant sarcasm.  

• Upvote (+1) 7