CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thought that one had already been confirmed bc of all the sparty drama

Just because Stellur has been playing with Rayne and Penguin doesn't make him part of Team Liquid, speaking from an official standpoint.

Team Liquid hadn't announced anything yet.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 25

Site. As soon as I pull it up it tells me I'm banned from using twitch. I've tried all the easy solutions and it's not helping at all, odd.

Use incognito mode?

Pretty sure contra is at the eg house already, or on his way. Last time he streamed with a webcam they were talking about when he was coming, and he's only been streaming from his Xbox since.

that's why i was asking. i wasn't pretending to know, or make a rhetorical point.

i thought maybe what happened was that neither apg/ace nor roybox were willing to leave their current orgs (or as you put out there, maybe roybox didn't realize EG wouldn't be willing to buy out ace/apg's contracts), and hadn't really thought that part of it through before running together.

again, i was asking for clarification.

Ace said roybox was joining str8

On a lighter note, I think that its great that a brand new gamemode of Halo Wars 2 will be playable at UGC. Its a fantastic way to bring casuals to the event which in turn makes the whole thing bigger. More spectators is ALWAYS a good thing because it makes the event feel more alive and the crowd louder. It will also bring a large news wave to Youtube as this mode has never been publicly available before. (HaloFollower, RUL etc will all therefore be putting UGC on the map)

Its great to also see that in 2 days the number of confirmed teams for UGC has gone from 21 to 31 (not including the teams who havent put their team on the website yet). Lets try to get that 50 team mark!

I'm really hoping that hcs can run a tounament that houses halo alongside other xbox or pc games. this could help bring exposure to halo by running alongside games with comparable/higher viewership. or esl halo and csgo under one roof. that would be awesome for us

• Upvote (+1) 2

The sports equivalent of this argument is hilarious.

I love watching The Cowboys, and I loved the ups and downs of the Broncos (Tebow and Peyton), but I would always watch the Texans for JJ Watt and my heart will always support Aaron Rodgers (so Green Bay).

I know sports =/= esports; but that's what I believe esports should work towards as far as success and fanbases are concerned.

nike_broncos_1921.jpg

its just as easy to be a fan of a player as it is to be a fan of the team, especially since halo has a 4 man roster. if a player or two leave, the whole identify of the team changes. for me its harder to be a fan of the org as they are not as storied as sports franchises

• Upvote (+1) 1

tldr?

Towey had to decide whether to leave EG with RoyBox to Str8 or to leave the twins and stick with EG. 

Definitely worth the watch though, have so much respect for @@Towey for putting himself out there like this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He doesn't want Towey on his team in doubles against Roybox. That's reason enough. 

I have memories of getting Towey on my team in MCC in the HWC playlist.. we won.. but his performance left something to be desired.. that's all I will say about it 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Towey had to decide whether to leave EG with RoyBox to Str8 or to leave the twins and stick with EG. 

Definitely worth the watch though, have so much respect for @@Towey for putting himself out there like this. 

Whaat. Like when the twins were running with Ace and APG?

So the video is basically detailing a now-irrelevant situation?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Whaat.

If you want to know, listen to the video.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes, exactly. Towey asked, on twitter I believe, if people wanted to see him vlog everything when it all went down to upload after everything was set in stone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You've got to feel for the guy. Even though he's like 6'5 and fully jacked, it seemed like it was an immensely emotional time for him as his future in competitive Halo was hanging in the balance. 

• Upvote (+1) 3