CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yeah i guess it's unrealistic to expect adults to honor their legal commitments

:wutface:

you could just bench the guy

None of this makes it the orgs fault. It's the players fault - not because they want to leave - but because if an organisation does try and enforce the contract the player then rants on Twitter, twitch etc and drags the organisation through the mud.

Whilst yes, contracts are legally enforceable its not actually worth it in halo because of the lack of money/exposure.

• Upvote (+1) 6

None of this makes it the orgs fault. It's the players fault - not because they want to leave - but because if an organisation does try and enforce the contract the player then rants on Twitter, twitch etc and drags the organisation through the mud.

if an org doesn't handle it's PR properly that is 100% their fault

that is sport biz 101

Whilst

:apg:

yes, contracts are legally enforceable its not actually worth it in halo because of the lack of money/exposure.

depends on the situation but generally i would agree

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm at my girlfriend's parent's house for the week and have somehow gotten banned from Twitch on her laptop. All I've done is watch two Halo scrims with chat closed. Feelsbadman 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm at my girlfriend's parent's house for the week and have somehow gotten banned from Twitch on her laptop. All I've done is watch two Halo scrims with chat closed. Feelsbadman 

Banned from the site or from a specific broadcaster ?

The issue is that competitive Halo is more like one big neighborhood of people. Professionals can be reached easily for the most part. Their fan base usually consists of close friends. When an org gets it's name dragged in the mud by a player, their friends will echo the exact same sentiments. One of my close friends runs an org and as respected as it is now, he had to do some damage control over a player trying to paint them in a bad light. 

EDIT: Which isn't to say these players are in the wrong. However I think professionalism isn't all the way there for some players. Instead of keeping disputes in the locker room, it's aired out to the media (forum, twitter). It's juicy and fun for us to read, but it sucks for the parties involved.

Using an org with pre-existing negative sentiment to prove a point...

Just linking an article because it's something that's already happened in our scene. Not making any point.

I think Pros are smart enough to be able to read the agreements on a contract, there is no reason they should feel betrayed when the org enforces their rules.

It's definitely not the orgs fault. Halo players have been doing this very frequently since the end of Halo 3. Halo Reach is when it really began however, then onward. I still remember in Halo Reach when Adrenaline's team, I think their team name was THO Impact or something like that, got together, played amazing, placed second at the MLG event, and then broke up like two days later. Halo players have been wanting that instant gratification unfortunately; which I guess I can't blame them too much nowadays with Halo 5, considering there are hardly any events and turnouts are always really low. But still, the constant team changing days before an event does not make orgs interested in the community.

Wild changes after events have happened since competitive halo became a thing. People were criticizing it a lot in 05, and mlg ended up make the team change rule in 06, and even then changes were all over the place. That's halo

Orgs should just hold people into their contracts so that they keep at least two. Don't want an org to get screwed over like c9 did, who wanted to stay after s1 finals

• Upvote (+1) 1

Banned from the site or from a specific broadcaster ?

Site. As soon as I pull it up it tells me I'm banned from using twitch. I've tried all the easy solutions and it's not helping at all, odd. 

It also hurts on the viewer end of things. I did a post on r/halo a while ago asking people what keeps them from watching HCS. Other than "I'd rather play games than watch them", by far and away the most common answer was that it's hard to care about any of the teams since they are always changing. 

I totally disagree with this sentiment. It's all about following several teams, but being a big fan of specific players. That's what keeps me interested. I loved watching NV, and I loved following the ups and downs of EG (ninja and the twins), but I would always watch E6 for Bubu and my heart will always support Ace (so Str8).

why would they run together if they didn't have an intention of teaming? unless each duo thought the other would leave their org, but i would hope that is something they talked about before running 

idk what happened either but i would guess that EG wasn't willing to buy the str8 player contracts 

that's why i was asking. i wasn't pretending to know, or make a rhetorical point. 

i thought maybe what happened was that neither apg/ace nor roybox were willing to leave their current orgs (or as you put out there, maybe roybox didn't realize EG wouldn't be willing to buy out ace/apg's contracts), and hadn't really thought that part of it through before running together.

again, i was asking for clarification. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Site. As soon as I pull it up it tells me I'm banned from using twitch. I've tried all the easy solutions and it's not helping at all, odd. 

Just try a simple proxy site, or go download openvpn and set it up.

I totally disagree with this sentiment. It's all about following several teams, but being a big fan of specific players. That's what keeps me interested. I loved watching NV, and I loved following the ups and downs of EG (ninja and the twins), but I would always watch E6 for Bubu and my heart will always support Ace (so Str8).

The sports equivalent of this argument is hilarious.

I love watching The Cowboys, and I loved the ups and downs of the Broncos (Tebow and Peyton), but I would always watch the Texans for JJ Watt and my heart will always support Aaron Rodgers (so Green Bay).

I know sports =/= esports; but that's what I believe esports should work towards as far as success and fanbases are concerned.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just try a simple proxy site, or go download openvpn and set it up.

Hadn't thought of that, thanks man. 

i hope contra moves into the EG house, i don't see why he wouldn't.

He doesn't want Towey on his team in doubles against Roybox. That's reason enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

As an EG fan, reading what Towey said gave me a chuckle.

"Throughout the season we struggled closing out close series"

Lets add two players who had the most loses in game 5 shall we? :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If Bubu's squad and 2gres team had 10 scrims, Bubu's team would win 8 out of those. Why would Shotzzy join Bubu's team? Well lets see:

1. Guaranteed Salary. That team is being picked up by an org, whether it be E6, ALG or whoever else.

2. More talented squad. Every player on Bubu's team is more talented individually that 2gres and they all have Pro League experience outside of now Shotzzy.

3. All of those guys are friends. Bubu has played multiple Beyond tourneys with Shotzzy and they all play MM and tweet at each other all the time.

2gres team beat them in one scrim and had a few good results. Remember when Optic (Ace, Maniac, Naded, Str8 Sick) were destroying everyone except CLG for 2 weeks? What happened after that? One scrim doesn't mean anything, and scrim results don't even really mean anything either. Teams use scrims for different reasons, especially when its this early on in the season and these are all new teams.

BuBu is actually really good about being friends with amateur players. A guy on my friends list got added by bubu and he said he would keep an eye out for opportunities for him. Pretty cool.

• Upvote (+1) 4