CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What is even happening right now?

SCIENCE IS HAPPENING BITCH!

• Upvote (+1) 4

but seriously, hoping to see some good scrims tonight. no plans whatsoever....besides drinking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

but seriously, hoping to see some good scrims tonight. no plans whatsoever....besides drinking.

A lot of drinking....A lot

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't watch that podcast cause I really can't be bothered but Maniac never wanted to play Halo 5. He was going to try to go pro in BO3. Thats why he didn't play in the beginning of Halo 5. By the time he realized he wasn't going to be able to do that he was too far behind to catch up and never did. Then he consistently did Maniac things, didn't care about actually making useful roster changes and instead lived "the life" (BTH). Eventually he was able to exit Halo 5 and still do his thing because Hecz is a good guy. I saved you an hour of "things just didn't work out".

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the sun is 23.94 trillion miles away? :kappa:

1 AU or the average distance to the sun is 149.6 million km.

Welp, beaten.

The sun is 8 light minutes away from the earth

LUL my bad. I assumed it excluded the sun as the closest star discussions usually do. 

The earth is flat and the moon is cheese

North America -­ 13 years of age

Latin America ­- 18 years of age

Australia -­ 15 years of age

New Zealand -­ 13 years of age

Europe - 16 years of age

Shottzy incoming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://twitter.com/HCS/status/817542625452441601?s=09

Europe - 16 years of age

Shotzzy eligible officially :simms:

Also can that new emblem replace the current HCS one? I hate the way chiefs shoulders look. They look like the AutoZone talking cars

• Upvote (+1) 1

Europe - 16 years of age

More from it regarding St Louis. Pretty interesting change. 

NORTH AMERICA QUALIFICATION FORMAT UPDATES

In just a few weeks, the Halo World Championship Qualifier: St Louis kicks off, and excitement is starting to build as the roster shuffle is in full effect. After the Halo World Championship announcements at the NA HCS Pro League Finals, we received feedback from players about the qualification format for North America. In the original format, the Top 3 teams at the St. Louis qualifier would have gone directly to the Halo World Championship 2017 Finals, and as such would not be permitted to participate in the rest of the HaloWC qualification period. After further discussions both internally and with HCS players, it was clear that this format was too restrictive as it prevented winning teams from continuing to compete, and would’ve divided the top teams rather than brought them together for a final qualifier. To alleviate these issues, we’re updating the format in North America. At St. Louis, teams will no longer directly qualify for the HaloWC Finals, and will instead receive crucial HCS seeding points for the online events that follow, the qualifier in Las Vegas, and the Last Chance Qualifier at the end. For Las Vegas, the Top 6 teams (previously Top 3) will now be qualified directly to the Halo World Championship Finals, as that championship bracket will serve as the region’s main qualifier. To reiterate, while no direct spots will be awarded in St. Louis, there is $50,000 up for grabs along with the HCS points.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Another pretty big thing to note:

After further discussions both internally and with HCS players, it was clear that this format was too restrictive as it prevented winning teams from continuing to compete, and would’ve divided the top teams rather than brought them together for a final qualifier. To alleviate these issues, we’re updating the format in North America. At St. Louis, teams will no longer directly qualify for the HaloWC Finals, and will instead receive crucial HCS seeding points for the online events that follow, the qualifier in Las Vegas, and the Last Chance Qualifier at the end. For Las Vegas, the Top 6 teams (previously Top 3) will now be qualified directly to the Halo World Championship Finals, as that championship bracket will serve as the region’s main qualifier. To reiterate, while no direct spots will be awarded in St. Louis, there is $50,000 up for grabs along with the HCS points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another pretty big thing to note:

So did they just nerf UGC importance basically lol? Unless I'm reading it wrong,

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seems like they've been listening and making the changes we want regarding everything except for getting actual competitive settings

Edit: After reading it again, it looks like Las Vegas is gonna be the most important event, makes me kinda nervous since imo the past vegas event was the worst in h5. Really hope they do a good job with it this time

• Upvote (+1) 1

So did they just nerf UGC importance basically lol? Unless I'm reading it wrong,

They turned it from being far too important to probably a little too unimportant depending on point allocation.

• Upvote (+1) 2