CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

no doubt

spartans best chances are NA centric orgs, i wish dig was interested, sparty is from nj and could easily get to the sixers training facility on the reg

Why not elevate perhaps ? They seems to be fair guys and had big success last year (even if that was last minute pickup). There are plenty solid smaller orgs that would be interested in Halo.

Also I woul never try reaching org directly trough twitter. Kind of unprofesional.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand that, its the same logic that applies to job hunting. Get in front of them in every way possible. 

BUT...

I wouldn't send an application to a job, and then CC every other company I'm applying for...

Oh I agree on that part!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not elevate perhaps ? They seems to be fair guys and had big success last year (even if that was last minute pickup). There are plenty solid smaller orgs that would be interested in Halo.

Also I woul never try reaching org directly trough twitter. Kind of unprofesional.

419HP7YMQ3L.jpg

i'd rather try and get fan base + funding instead of just funding, but i totally agree with you, no shame in signing with a smaller org

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imo i would think you'd need to find an org with an attitude of here's what i can do for you instead of shouting at evert possible org and asking who's gonna give me money

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imo i would think you'd need to find an org with an attitude of here's what i can do for you instead of shouting at evert possible org and asking who's gonna give me money

Basically, don't do this

• Upvote (+1) 2

419HP7YMQ3L.jpg

i'd rather try and get fan base + funding instead of just funding, but i totally agree with you, no shame in signing with a smaller org

I always hated that saying.  "If you miss you'll come hurtling back to earth as a fiery ball of flesh and die"

• Upvote (+1) 8

I would suspect organizations know you're scouting and looking at every possible option, but at the same time, are keen for somebody passionate about their organization. If I'm an organization owner, I'd be looking for somebody who wants to be a part of MY organization, not any organization. 

Even more so, as you said, I want to know what you can do for me...not "I'm going to throw darts until one sticks"

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would suspect organizations know you're scouting and looking at every possible option, but at the same time, are keen for somebody passionate about their organization. If I'm an organization owner, I'd be looking for somebody who wants to be a part of MY organization, not any organization. 

Even more so, as you said, I want to know what you can do for me...not "I'm going to throw darts until one sticks"

Exactly.  Thats how you end up in Denial

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its like your job application analogy. Speak to that org and what they stand for. Show your interest in who they are vs their money. Even if they know you're shopping around, they also know that you're serious about being a good fit for their org. Its better than tweeting "hi"

• Upvote (+1) 1

no doubt

spartans best chances are NA centric orgs, i wish dig was interested, sparty is from nj and could easily get to the sixers training facility on the reg 

Maybe he already touched bases with EchoFox. They seem to be really going  after NA talent lately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So have this crazy rostermania been beneficial to anyone other than nV or Optic?

The new lg could be a good lan team

ELevate can't match big org salaries.

Does anybody else think it looks incredibly tacky and unprofessional to tweet literally ALL the orgs you've contacted, in the same thread of tweets?

Maybe its just me, and I know this might not be the "mentality", but I'd hate to be a public consolation prize to somebodies desperate attempts at sponsorship.

9urkQEs.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a quick question guys I saw on the HWC2017 schedule that next Saturday 1/14 there is an "Online Seeding Tournament". Just wondering if this is for Saint Louis seeding or for the online qualifier seeding or what. I tried to look for further info on the site but it didn't explain just curious.

Also I did not compete in last years Worlds but am thinking about getting on a team for this years. I see that team qualifiers are Saturdays, just wondering what roster lock looks like such as how far ahead of time you need your team to be set etc.

Thanks!