CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Saw this driving home last night, forgot to post

jPYweORg.png

That is amazing. Speaking of amazing, when is this going to happen....

image.jpg

That is disturbing...

If someone could make a gif of the mouth opening and John Cena's face from @@Moa's signature coming out, that would be dope-sturbing.

@@mediabrute

Yeah, what on Earth? Frosty, Royal 2, Lethul, <literally anyone> is still a fucking insane team. 

I agree with Audley, Frosty's comms stand out to me the most mid-game. Snakebite is amazing because of what he can do outside the game - keep composure, direct attention to what they need to work on, being a general leader, etc.

Also, obviously Frosty and Snakebite should be discussed as top 1, but let's not pretend Royal 2 and fucking HUKE don't exist. There's no way Snakebite is higher on the skill curve than Huke by a "wide margin".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, what on Earth? Frosty, Royal 2, Lethul, <literally anyone> is still a fucking insane team. 

I agree with Audley, Frosty's comms stand out to me the most mid-game. Snakebite is amazing because of what he can do outside the game - keep composure, direct attention to what they need to work on, being a general leader, etc.

Also, obviously Frosty and Snakebite should be discussed as top 1, but let's not pretend Royal 2 and fucking HUKE don't exist. There's no way Snakebite is higher on the skill curve than Huke by a "wide margin".

Snakebite is top 1 no discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Snakebite is top 1 no discussion.

I disagree with you a lot, but that is true and not really debatable.

Snakebite's leadership is what really stands out to me. I'll admit that I don't watch every team play, and his voice is more recognizable than most, but you can always hear him calling out strats and trying to pick the team up if they start tilting or something. He deserves to have a "C" patch on his jersey like Charlie Conway in the Mighty Ducks. 

"Reset guys, get your kills, c'mon."

Literally said at least 5 times when Royal 1 tilts, and it amuses me every time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had this in my mind for some time. With Halo 5 there was an uprising of new players. Namely Commonly, Eco, Stellur, Eltown, Suspector, Bubu etc. You see those players circling around, changing teams, we have seen like every possible combination of those players (not really but feels like it). And while they can perform, none of them learned to be that leader personality wich you can build around, someone that can keep the mentality of the team in check and unleash their full potential. That is what keeps the from winning events i think. The only younger players which grown to this role are Snakebite and Elumnite (yeah he is a coach) (Lethul has the ability as well i think). It's not like other teams doesnt have the skill really and that is why bad mentality can keep skilful team at the bottom of the board (Spartan and liquid first pro league season). I believe players like Naded, Victory are very vital for their teams and can go far (with the right teammates ofc). Who among those younger pros you think could step up to this leader role ? I feel like Commonly, Rayne and Cratos could.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had this in my mind for some time. With Halo 5 there was an uprising of new players. Namely Commonly, Eco, Stellur, Eltown, Suspector, Bubu etc. You see those players circling around, changing teams, we have seen like every possible combination of those players (not really but feels like it). And while they can perform, none of them learned to be that leader personality wich you can build around, someone that can keep the mentality of the team in check and unleash their full potential. That is what keeps the from winning events i think. The only younger players which grown to this role are Snakebite and Elumnite wich is actually coach (Lethul has the ability as well i think). It's not like other teams doesnt have the skill really and that is why bad mentality can keep skilful team at the bottom of the board (Spartan and liquid first pro league season). I believe players like Naded, Victory are very vital for their teams and can go far (with the right teammates off). Who among those younger pros you think could step up to this leader role ? I feel like Commonly, Rayne and Cratos could.

Eco I think has grown into a leader as well. Individually he's a solid player, but that's not why he was such a huge pick-up for Str8 last season. He knows how to play and doesn't mind telling his teammates what to do.

I had this in my mind for some time. With Halo 5 there was an uprising of new players. Namely Commonly, Eco, Stellur, Eltown, Suspector, Bubu etc. You see those players circling around, changing teams, we have seen like every possible combination of those players (not really but feels like it). And while they can perform, none of them learned to be that leader personality wich you can build around, someone that can keep the mentality of the team in check and unleash their full potential. That is what keeps the from winning events i think. The only younger players which grown to this role are Snakebite and Elumnite (yeah he is a coach) (Lethul has the ability as well i think). It's not like other teams doesnt have the skill really and that is why bad mentality can keep skilful team at the bottom of the board (Spartan and liquid first pro league season). I believe players like Naded, Victory are very vital for their teams and can go far (with the right teammates ofc). Who among those younger pros you think could step up to this leader role ? I feel like Commonly, Rayne and Cratos could.

Huke seems to be trending upwards as a leader, especially when he plays the Beyond 4v4s with the other young players like Shotzzy, Falcated, Bubu Dubu.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had this in my mind for some time. With Halo 5 there was an uprising of new players. Namely Commonly, Eco, Stellur, Eltown, Suspector, Bubu etc. You see those players circling around, changing teams, we have seen like every possible combination of those players (not really but feels like it). And while they can perform, none of them learned to be that leader personality wich you can build around, someone that can keep the mentality of the team in check and unleash their full potential. That is what keeps the from winning events i think. The only younger players which grown to this role are Snakebite and Elumnite wich is actually coach (Lethul has the ability as well i think). It's not like other teams doesnt have the skill really and that is why bad mentality can keep skilful team at the bottom of the board (Spartan and liquid first pro league season). I believe players like Naded, Victory are very vital for their teams and can go far (with the right teammates off). Who among those younger pros you think could step up to this leader role ? I feel like Commonly, Rayne and Cratos could.

In terms of attitude/leadership, I wouldn't consider Naded an asset lol. Think we should be clear differentiating strategy/shot-making leadership and emotional/attitude leadership. Snakebite has both, but Frosty also does his fair share on the play-calling/strategy side.

Summer season E6 is a good example of a team where the duties were split. Shooter was the strategy leader, while Cratos was the emotional leader. 

From watching Suspector's stream, he seems very mature, levelheaded, and almost Snakebite-like. Unfortunately, he's on a team with a lot of strong personalities, so not sure how much room for growth there is there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eco I think has grown into a leader as well. Individually he's a solid player, but that's not why he was such a huge pick-up for Str8 last season. He knows how to play and doesn't mind telling his teammates what to do.

I've always loved hearing Eco's shot calling during hectic team fights.

I disagree. Eco was a big reason, if not the reason, that Str8 finished top4. Frosty has also shown a ton of leadership, calling shots left and right.

This exact fact is why a lot of pros rate Eco highly. Kevin tells you what to do, you do it, you win.

I was not aware of this.  :fire:

Overall Snipedown and Snakebite are probably the best players in the game right now. Individually? Royal 2 and Huke. 

As far as Eco goes - he amazes me every listen in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Overall Snipedown and Snakebite are probably the best players in the game right now. Individually? Royal 2 and Huke. 

As far as Eco goes - he amazes me every listen in.

I think I'd still put ola above snipedown.

• Upvote (+1) 2

that's not how you spell huke

Huke may be more Slayer heavy than Snakebite but SB excels on every other aspect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke may be more Slayer heavy than Snakebite but SB excels on every other aspect.

i don't disagree  ;)

I think I'd still put ola above snipedown.

Ola and huke are both above snipedown. No one on NV is above huke, they'd all say that themselves

It's this silly notion people have in sports that being more well rounded automatically makes you better than someone that is excelling in one particular area. Chris Paul was never better than Kobe just because he got more assists. LeBron was never more dominant than prime Shaq just because he fills the boxscore more.

Royal 2 and huke are the two best right now. Then snakebite frosty lethul ola. In that order

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's this silly notion people have in sports that being more well rounded automatically makes you better than someone that is excelling in one particular area. Chris Paul was never better than Kobe just because he got more assists. LeBron was never more dominant than prime Shaq just because he fills the boxscore more.

Many people can't differentiate the terms "best" and "most valuable"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Many people can't differentiate the terms "best" and "most valuable"

tier 1 shitpost, taudles.

i'm not even sure I can compete anymore

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think its hilarious u kids talking shit about lethul. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

i will always upvote this it's genius

• Upvote (+1) 2