CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think it is possible that 343 will remove radar from competitive settings or at least adjust it to sprint and abilities. Splitting ranked and social was first step. #iwanttobelieve

Splitting ranked and social was the first step, but 343 still has to mitigate the fact that most players in general prefer to play halo woth radar on.

Removing it from competitive is the right move. But removing it from team arena will almost certainly have a negative impact on that playlists population.

If they are ever going to remove radar, i would not be surprised to it to be gradual. Maybe a Spartan Ability tracker for a while, then no radar to close out the final year of H5.

As painfully slow as it may be for us, it's probably an effective way to get less competitive players comfortable with the idea of losing radar. Radar really does hold the game back at all levels of play. But i can't expect everyone to see it that way. They'll probably just feel alienated if it was removed overnight.

Personally, I wish they had just launched with Team HCS (ranked,no radar). Team Skirmish (ranked, radar), and Social Skirmish (unranked, radar).that formula had worked well for Halo in the past. They could have attracted new and less hardcore players to HCS with higher RP and XP payouts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As weird as this sounds, I think that royal 2 is getting kind of underrated at this point. It seems like a lot of people are set on frosty and snakebite being the best on that team (I certainly understand those picks, though). As much as people judge people for going negative, I also feel that this forum has a kind of bias where they the think the player with the best kd or the main sniper is a "one-dimensional" player, and I don't think it's possible for a team that has stayed at the top for so long to do so if they have a one-dimensional player. I think royal 2 brings consistent accuracy but, perhaps more importantly, he consistently puts himself in smart positions that are helpful to his team.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter if he was a one dimensional player. His raw numbers right now are so ridiculous that his pure slaying prowess is probably winning some games for them. Not saying he's actually one dimensional, but with his numbers, it's like he's negating the opponents strategy just by sheer lethality.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Perhaps Bubu to liquid? Commonly and him are pretty close, right?

Would Love to See Pznguin and Bubu on a team!, young guns!   :lxthul:

Honestly, it doesn't even matter if he was a one dimensional player. His raw numbers right now are so ridiculous that his pure slaying prowess is probably winning some games for them. Not saying he's actually one dimensional, but with his numbers, it's like he's negating the opponents strategy just by sheer lethality.

He's the single best slayer in the game. I don't think even Huke, Ola, Snip3down etc. can consistently contend with him

• Upvote (+1) 4

How dare a community site that reports on team changes posts new team changes during rostermania that players on said teams leaked publicly on social media and live streams  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:

It's like Halo players don't know how the media/news works or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty and Snakebite make it possible for him to do his thing. Royal 2 is Great, but greater  because they play that way as a team. They are a TEAM and a really good one! When they are so good together, its hard to say who makes who better!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What was the prize breakdown for season 2 finals? I never saw it. 

So whatever panned out from the whole "aiming fixes" thing? Is it actually fixed now? Pros still complaining?

I haven't been able to hop on since the update.

My shot is much worse, but it feels much better... if that makes any sense. I haven't played enough for my brain to stop over compensating for input lag.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Universal settings is bullshit if swat has no radar HCS can have it off too.

The difference is swat is strictly a niche playlist. While Team Arena is STILL going to be the go to playlist for both the core AND the hardcore halo player... Even with Social Team Skirmish being a thing. these two groups still have differing opinions on radar.

fake ass hurricane.jpg

time to drink a hurricane and watch one

5480675872_68599c4c7f.jpg

FOH with that fake ass hurricane

• Upvote (+1) 3

Universal settings is bullshit if swat has no radar HCS can have it off too.

but how would it be fair if you just knew where everyone was? :walshy: 

Good luck to Lenox. 

Kind of excited to have someone whose been so invested in Halo esports to now be working at Microsoft/Xbox. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The difference is swat is strictly a niche playlist. While Team Arena is STILL going to be the go to playlist for both the core AND the hardcore halo player... Even with Social Team Skirmish being a thing. these two groups still have differing opinions on radar.

Simple solution, let HCS be it's own niche playlist again. It's always had a low population, and no one in the comp community seemed to care for wait times. 

SWAT/Snipers/Breakout all have no radar, and are all niche playlists. It's painful that HCS is being forced into a "universal" setting. When the same group of players that don't care for no radar, are the same group of players that want an expanded Arena playlist not limited to the comp gametypes. 

343 could go a long way in pleasing both groups by simply separating the two. 

• Upvote (+1) 3