CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd really like to see a Naded/Heinz/VicX/Ninja team, regardless of feelings towards each other. Let ninja and Brett be aggressive and see what happens.

I'm not a believer at all in Ninjas new team. I hope they prove me wrong.

El Town is probably the most objective-oriented player in pro-league, and in Slayer matches he treats power weapons/power-ups like an objective. He pairs well with slay-first players who do a lot of damage(Danoxide/Mikwen/Ninja/Spartan), and with fill players who recognize the flanks and aggressive plays he's making and can fly in to help (Rayne/Heinz/Cratos). As for a player comparison, think Commonly or Lunchbox.

Cool. That's what I was wanting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agree something needs to change. Disagree with your proposed format.

In this scenario, it's basically impossible to drop a 'duo' if you sign one. (Royal2/Snakebite, Mikwen/Ola, Penguin/Rayne, Roy/Lunch, Contra/Devon, Shooter/Bubu, etc.)

Which means you either drop one at a time, and destroy the next team's chemistry from the get go, to wait for a 2nd transfer period, or they basically can't be dropped ever.

Also makes it so that 'duo' will forever hold the pro seed; because they'll never be the 4th person voted off a team by the other 3 players.

Mid-season this makes sense, off-season no way.

*Edit* This also hurts the duos as well since they aren't able to leave and find 2 new teammates if they wanted.

*Edit2* It also prevents a duo from being able to join another duo.

Interesting. The thing is, it could be argued that the concept of the duo is one that has been largely created and promoted through the current system which has always made it so that it takes two players to hold a seed. I'm not sure what reason there is to value duos so much, they do not hold any inherent good - they're mostly a byproduct of a decade long system that encouraged duos to form.

In my proposed system, which I don't think is perfect, "trios" could very well become the new duo, and I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that. If players tend to stick in groups of 3 rather than 2, it makes it easier to root for them and become fans of not only that set of players but the team itself- which is what the org wants.

It might just be time to move away from this network of duos that has become so prominent in the pro Halo scene as of late.

edit: Perhaps a good idea would be for the three-player rule to only be in effect for Pro League seasons, whereas HWC seasons follow the two-player structure, allowing for a more complete cleansing of the plate at the beginning of each year. This also adds a new layer of significance to HWC seasons as opposed to Pro League seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when Lethul promised us he would save Halo, we need saving again lord Lethul.

I remember when Lethul promised us he would save Halo, we need saving again lord Lethul.

I don't think Lethul can save us at this point, we would need Final Boss to come out of retirement OG1-OG2-Walshy-SSide

El Town is probably the most objective-oriented player in pro-league, and in Slayer matches he treats power weapons/power-ups like an objective. He pairs well with slay-first players who do a lot of damage(Danoxide/Mikwen/Ninja/Spartan), and with fill players who recognize the flanks and aggressive plays he's making and can fly in to help (Rayne/Heinz/Cratos). As for a player comparison, think Commonly or Lunchbox.

Nice Audley cosplay.

Bunnies' assessment is pretty accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 4

El Town is in a constant state of OE.

I really hope this team sticks. Their comms sounded really nice (for a roybox team at least), and they all seem to know what to do.

Nice Audley cosplay.

Bunnies' assessment is pretty accurate.

Nice. So I guess the question is, does Eltown fit on that team with his playstyle or should they trade him out for some other guy?

Nice. So I guess the question is, does Eltown fit on that team with his playstyle or should they trade him out for some other guy?

Vic X and El town have the LG seed I believe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninjas squad (well Vic X and el town) holds the LG seed.

I forget about that, Hopfully spartans then

Vic X and El town have the LG seed I believe. 

Ah. So dropping him would put them in the AM bracket. :(

I think El Town's flanky playstyle fits well with Ninja's aggressiveness. He's also one of the more nerdy players in H5 and knows the gametypes incredibly well - remember him walking nV through gametype stuff when he joined them, and have heard him doing the same thing with new LG. Also, it's good that he controls power weapons so well - Ninja's aggressiveness is less detrimental when he's not giving power weapons to the other team (sidenote: I remember FiS raging over this in H2A). 

Ah. So dropping him would put them in the AM bracket. :(

Yes...Wait...I think? I can't remember anymore but wasn't it El Town who Allegiance decided to stay with when everyone went off elsewhere? At the point no 2 players are still with the Org I think they can choose the person.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sadly you guys would enjoy watching them get 100-0'd every game more than  most other things just because of the nostalgia. Ask one of your old gods to help you guys I have done enough smfh.

It is known.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sadly you guys would enjoy watching them get 100-0'd every game more than most other things just because of the nostalgia. Ask one of your old gods to help you guys I have done enough smfh.

I don't know how much you know about gods but historically they just kick back in the heavens and do fuck all. They're doing just fine atm.
  • Upvote (+1) 4