CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's a weird cold war, because we're both crouched in our separate corners watching our radar for the other to make a move.

image.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi everyone, happy holidays. Can someone post a TL:DR of all of the current team Rosters (or the rosters that have been scrimming). I've been away for the holidays and i don't think i can catch up on 100+ pages.

Thanks!

:intensifies:  :beyond:

edit: 

Thanks @Moses_FPS

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hi everyone, happy holidays. Can someone post a TL:DR of all of the current team Rosters (or the rosters that have been scrimming). I've been away for the holidays and i don't think i can catch up on 100+ pages.

Thanks!

:intensifies:  :beyond:

edit: 

Thanks @Moses_FPS

coming back and seein all those pages ahead of you

elmo-tl_dr.gif

but catching up on those pages is the best part. that's where the memes are

• Upvote (+1) 2

coming back and seein all those pages ahead of you

but catching up on those pages is the best part. that's where the memes are

You can't just change gifs like that. :kappa:

image.jpg

That is disturbing...

If someone could make a gif of the mouth opening and John Cena's face from @@Moa's signature coming out, that would be dope-sturbing.

@@mediabrute

• Upvote (+1) 5

Chemistry >>>>

Ninja & VicX are always good together, and VicX played with el Town for rest of season after being dropped from EG. Also, VicX might be the best mesh/fill player ever - as evidenced by EG falling apart without him. Just seems to always know how to play around new teammates immediately... experience factor I guess. 

MFW someone calls VictoryX the best mesh/fill player ever

lethul.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

what happened to that guy who used to post scrim scores? i liked him...

3ZGQ5fM.png

Sorry I haven't had time to post scrim scores, memes, and shitposts lately b/c I've been busy throwing away my life at college. I'll post some scrim scores tonight assuming there are scrims.

Also,

Congrats to whoever's stressed about whatever

- Deizul

• Upvote (+1) 7

A good compromise between orgs' desire for stability (which leads to less orgs leaving the scene and more orgs joining the scene) and the Halo community's historically rooted constant team change culture would be to make it so that it takes 3 players to hold a seed rather than 2. Also, mid-season roster change periods should be gotten rid of. This might seem too restrictive of our players, but you have to remember that the Halo scene is an outlier compared to other esports scenes in regards to how much team changing there is. It cannot continue like this, it's a joke to orgs.

Taking some freedom away from pros now will lead to them being more empowered in the long term through more orgs being in the scene. Also, when orgs know that they arent just signing a player for 2 months, they may be inclined to pay higher salaries as each player becomes more valuable to them.

Agree something needs to change. Disagree with your proposed format.

In this scenario, it's basically impossible to drop a 'duo' if you sign one. (Royal2/Snakebite, Mikwen/Ola, Penguin/Rayne, Roy/Lunch, Contra/Devon, Shooter/Bubu, etc.)

Which means you either drop one at a time, and destroy the next team's chemistry from the get go, to wait for a 2nd transfer period, or they basically can't be dropped ever.

Also makes it so that 'duo' will forever hold the pro seed; because they'll never be the 4th person voted off a team by the other 3 players.

Mid-season this makes sense, off-season no way.

*Edit* This also hurts the duos as well since they aren't able to leave and find 2 new teammates if they wanted.

*Edit2* It also prevents a duo from being able to join another duo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ninja's team has been impressing me. They won their scrim last night, and has been competitive against all the teams they have played. That being said. Eltown seems like the weak link. But maybe I just don't understand his role on the team. And since I don't understand his role, I don't really know what player would replace him well. Heinz? Any suggestions? This seems like a question for Audley honestly lol.

Ninja's team has been impressing me. They won their scrim last night, and has been competitive against all the teams they have played. That being said. Eltown seems like the weak link. But maybe I just don't understand his role on the team. And since I don't understand his role, I don't really know what player would replace him well. Heinz? Any suggestions? This seems like a question for Audley honestly lol.

From what I can tell, teams always praise eL Town for his ability to secure weapons/powerups efficiently.

However, he did seem pretty aggressive too often in last night's scrim, and not in the Ninja/Mikwen sort of way where you are putting a shit ton of damage per death. If they get him to play more passive with VicX it could work out. Team looked interesting last night. Lots of good and bad moments.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who were the 4 people on that?

From what I can tell, teams always praise eL Town for his ability to secure weapons/powerups efficiently.

However, he did seem pretty aggressive too often in last night's scrim, and not in the Ninja/Mikwen sort of way where you are putting a shit ton of damage per death. If they get him to play more passive with VicX it could work out. Team looked interesting last night. Lots of good and bad moments.

Yeah, he seemed really aggressive but he wasn't winning many big fights and he did drop some major neg bombs. 

This team does just seem like it has good chemistry though. Ninja and Victory X are good friends and play well together. Ninja was kind of Trippey's mentor in H2A and early H5 so I think it's a cool story line. And Ninja Eltown have always been friends. Chemistry > an upgrade on paper. Most of the time at least.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Naded. He can do pretty much anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1