CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For some s!ck vlogging material

It played well on Vision but it honestly made no sense and Hecz had to have known that. If anything it was really the beginning of the end of the Halo team being able to do their own thing, which helped the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It played well on Vision but it honestly made no sense and Hecz had to have known that. If anything it was really the beginning of the end of the Halo team being able to do their own thing, which helped the scene.

I liked when OpTic was the underdog , chill dudes , lay back attitude, it went well with the whole frat house -gymshark crew- douche vibe.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still wonder why they (old OpTic) took the first month or so off from getting a complete team when Halo 5 launched, felt that took a hit to the entire squad for sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Still wonder why they (old OpTic) took the first month or so off from getting a complete team when Halo 5 launched, felt that took a hit to the entire squad for sometime.

Yeah that completely fucked them, they never caught up with the rest of grinders. And then after every LAN they took 2 weeks off.

You just dont understand the optic lifestyle man. #bth

• Upvote (+1) 5

I still wonder how the original nV roster would've done at Regionals/Worlds.

Mikwen/Pistola/APG/Heinz started out so strong, winning the TB 4v4, getting 2nd in the first Online Qualifier.

But they just got unlucky with internet issues causing a DQ and reduced practice time, causing the team to disband.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I still wonder how the original nV roster would've done at Regionals/Worlds.

Mikwen/Pistola/APG/Heinz started out so strong, winning the TB 4v4, getting 2nd in the first Online Qualifier.

But they just got unlucky with internet issues causing a DQ and reduced practice time, causing the team to disband.

The Original NV had the GOAT
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can we criticize Spartan without resorting to insults about "mental stability"? 

Dude deals with depression. This does not justify what he's said or done. But attacking him for that depression doesn't help either. So once again, criticize what he says, just leave mental health out of it

I like this place because we can criticize people and make jokes and shit but then recognize when something important is getting in the way. Really cool to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Flamesword was probably busy cutting people off on his motorcycle for views or making videos of himself making sandwiches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Original NV had the GOAT

No, nV's roster at the start of H5 was Heinz, APG, Pistola, and an unannounced 4th that was presumed to be Formal (and they were going to be OpTic) and when Formal fell through, they picked up Mikwen and signed with nV.

Heinz/APG left nV to go to TL before Hurricane Lethul hit.  2gre played on nV at Regionals alongside Arkanum.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Look, I'm getting sick of Spartan using depression as a crutch or an excuse for his actions.

I've dealt with depression, bi-polar disorder, and GAD(Generalized Anxiety Disorder) since 6th grade (I'm 23 now). It's not that bad to overcome if you really want to. I saw a psychiatrist for about a year and have been in meds since and it's all be good since. At some point you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and go get help.

I'm triggered he keeps using it as an excuse for actions hat to be honest don't really reflect symptoms of depression. It's a mindset. At this point I'm starting to think Spartan is acting more like a spoiled brat to cries foul when something doesn't go his way, rather than someone who actually suffers from a mental disorder.

Either go get help, or shut up and play. But don't use it as a crutch or excuse to be a whiny bitch.

/triggered rant. Sorry boys.

With your experience, is it really a good idea to live your life on Twitter/streams, as Spartan does, if you have that kind om mental illness? Maybe he should take a break from tweeting 30 times a day and take in to consideration about being so vocal on Twitch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, nV's roster at the start of H5 was Heinz, APG, Pistola, and an unannounced 4th that was presumed to be Formal (and they were going to be OpTic) and when Formal fell through, they picked up Mikwen and signed with nV.

Heinz/APG left nV to go to TL before Hurricane Lethul hit.  2gre played on nV at Regionals alongside Arkanum.

Maybe he meant Formal ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

dignitas joining halo is likely tbh. However, idk how i feel about it. I really wanted TSM or FaZe to join, but now dig is most likely picking up that team. Then, we'll missing out on tsm and faze joining the scene.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe he meant Formal ;)

Fun fact: Neither Ogre 2, Pistola, Snipedown, nor Formal have finished Top 4 at a Halo or Call of Duty World Championship event.

(The ones run by the devs.  And I'm not counting Ola's GLOBAL championship 2nd place)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Exactly my point. I completely understand that he has depression/anxiety. It sucks and I can relate. However, he has thrown two tantrums in the past day and a half over teabagging and college. It's hard to watch as a fan of his. At this point I feel like he is just creating drama for himself so he can make a video about it in a week.

Edit: I have no ill-will towards Spartan, I really do hope he gets the help he needs. I'm a huge fan and it's hard for me to watch him get ridiculed by the community.

I feel the same way. He knows he has a history of using Twitter like this. Honestly when he starts feeling like this he should just uninstall it until it passes imo. Having it on his phone is like a recovering alcoholic visiting friends at a bar, likely he'll do it again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

With your experience, is it really a good idea to live your life on Twitter/streams, as Spartan does, if you have that kind om mental illness? Maybe he should take a break from tweeting 30 times a day and take in to consideration about being so vocal on Twitch?

Definitely avoid twitter if you're having an episode. Or you'll tweet some pretty silly stuff. That goes for your lows and your highs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fun fact: Neither Ogre 2, Pistola, Snipedown, nor Formal have finished Top 4 at a Halo or Call of Duty World Championship event.

(The ones run by the devs. And I'm not counting Ola's GLOBAL championship 2nd place)

the only one for whom this has any relevance is formal as he competed in 3 cod world championships and was the favorite to win in 2. The first three have had one world championship in their franchise in which to compete with questionable settings
  • Upvote (+1) 2

the only one for whom this has any relevance is formal as he competed in 3 cod world championships and was the favorite to win in 2. The first three have had one world championship in their franchise in which to compete with questionable settings

2 of those 3 have competed in zero World Championships in their franchise, as they were in the group of death and didn't qualify for Worlds.

/pedant

• Downvote (-1) 2

2 of those 3 have competed in zero World Championships in their franchise, as they were in the group of death and didn't qualify for Worlds.

/pedant

Lol that's true but I would count trying to qualify as part of the competition

/pedant

A world championships that is less competitive than any MLG event from 2004-2010(Aside from Philly 05) doesnt mean much to me other than the huge check.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1