CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You guys are talking about their attitudes and their latest Twitter, drunk stream antics. I don't know about you guys, but I come here to discuss competitive Halo, and we shouldn't be paying attention to that stuff, if anything us blowing it up only increases the negativity of whatever we blew up.

Calm down with attempting to direct and orchestrate morale Kim Jong

There are four things in this thread I consider "on-topic": pro teams, dank memes, pipe dreams, and Emma Watson gifs

Fell asleep trying to watch 3 scrims at once. I love the pretournament activity. 

The Pit with guests Snakebite and Mikwen starts on my Twitch channel in 20 minutes (6 Eastern/5 Central).

We'll be talking about Fall Pro League playoffs, HCS Settings, and the roster situations going on right now.

Nice show! You and (forgot his alias :/ ) steered the ship nicely all the way through. Only issue I had was that your mic cut out quite a lot during the show.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like the way the open lands determine who goes to worlds but let's say Spartans team goes through open bracket and makes it to champ bracket at UGC. They win or come in top three. For Vegas do they have to go through open bracket again or would they be given one of the dissolved pro league seeds?

Why does everyone care so much what Spartan tweets? If you don't like his tweets, unfollow or mute him(I think that's an option). So many people are coming on an internet forum and complaining about what he's tweeting and IMO thats just as childish as you're making him out to be lol

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why does everyone care so much what Spartan tweets? If you don't like his tweets, unfollow or mute him(I think that's an option). So many people are coming on an internet forum and complaining about what he's tweeting and IMO thats just as childish as you're making him out to be lol

its because he's a pro and how he acts relates to how he plays. it shows why he's a very tilt-y player. weird twitter rants become news in every sport for the fact that the players are very visible. and honestly, the whole college thing and blacklisting og and spectators for tbagging reflects poorly on him, his team, and to some extent, hcs

I get it, he's got admitted issues, but at some point he has to stop playing the victim of his own imagination.

i dont think mental illness is a temporary thing. depression/anxiety or whatever you suffer from is lifelong if gone untreated

• Upvote (+1) 9

i dont think mental illness is a temporary thing. depression/anxiety or whatever you suffer from is lifelong if gone untreated

Yeah but depression shouldn't be an excuse for being a dick. He literally can be a dick and get away with it because he plays de victim card.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah but depression shouldn't be an excuse for being a dick. He literally can be a dick and get away with it because he plays de victim card.

you're right, it's not an excuse but it's not something that will just be fixed over night or any time soon. that's why i highlighted "but at some point" because its part of who he is as a young competitor 

no one is perfect and you have to accept peoples faults. im a huge spartan fan but im definitely not blinded by the areas he needs work

@@TheSimms @@Timo any clarification on whether or not season finals will be region locked?

In terms of region locked I can't answer that fully right now, I'll get some full clarity and we'll make sure more details are out in the coming months, but in short...

Yes - EU teams can compete at the Dreamhack Open and play for cash

No - They will not be able to win/take a spot in the NA pro league.

Hope this clears it up :)

• Upvote (+1) 7

Exactly my point. I completely understand that he has depression/anxiety. It sucks and I can relate. However, he has thrown two tantrums in the past day and a half over teabagging and college. It's hard to watch as a fan of his. At this point I feel like he is just creating drama for himself so he can make a video about it in a week.

Edit: I have no ill-will towards Spartan, I really do hope he gets the help he needs. I'm a huge fan and it's hard for me to watch him get ridiculed by the community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't know why Flamesword went to Pax East if he was going to retire right afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I still don't know why Flamesword went to Pax East if he was going to retire right afterwards.

Yeah that was a questionable decision. One that I think ultimately decided the fate of the previous Optic roster.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For some s!ck vlogging material

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah that was a questionable decision. One that I think ultimately decided the fate of the previous Optic roster.

It didn't help that those guys had essentially given up on the game. As hard as he tried, Nick just was not good at the game. You could tell at the end they just wanted to play with and help out their friends on their way out of competing.