CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja's team up 5-1 in this scrim after pretty much just hopping on and playing for first time. As for other team, sure it's one scrim but between this and their others I'd be having some serious doubts about making this squad permanent before it's too late...

Since this post, that squad went 5-0 to win that scrim 6-5.

Then tonight went 9-4 vs Spartan's team.

14-4 since your post. I think you made them mad.  :simms:

No but really, this is why you dont judge teams so quickly. Teams form, break up, form another, break up again so fast that it gives teams 0 chance for chemistry to form to see if there's a real chance there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we criticize Spartan without resorting to insults about "mental stability"?

Dude deals with depression. This does not justify what he's said or done. But attacking him for that depression doesn't help either. So once again, criticize what he says, just leave mental health out of it

I don't think anyone is attempting to insult him based on any mental issues he may have. I will clarify my "mentally weak" comment to be in reference to how easy it seems to be to crawl into his head as a competitor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think anyone is attempting to insult him based on any mental issues he may have. I will clarify my "mentally weak" comment to be in reference to how easy it seems to be to crawl into his head as a competitor.

ah okay fair enough :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bubu/Shooter/Falcated/Renegade 9-4 Problem Solvers

Team Bubu finally gelling, or are Problem Solvers already out of honeymoon phase?

Wondering what org Team Bubu would go after given that E6 is supposedly out of scene.

Maybe denial. Bubu still liked the owner

That would be Str8 Evil consisting of Ace, APG, Roy, Lunchbox?

Yes
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Except the thing is, the AR actually is designed to be used at that range...by being fired at a slower rate than the rate at which it shreds at close range. Which is exactly what Apoll0 did. It still kills in 17 (or however many bullets) and because he fired no more than 4-5 bullets at a time in the clip while also only firing while his reticule was over the target (you know, aiming skillfully), the AR actually secured a skillful kill at that range in a reduced amount of time than most players would have been able to secure the kill. There's no circular logic being applied here -- He utilized the weapon optimally, displaying both mechanical dexterity in aiming well, and also practical use of the weapon applying for its blooming design.

The only logic you're applying is this fallacious "It's an automatic and therefore it is unskillful" statement that you and so many others on this forum blanket across the board without ever actually supporting it beyond "It's an automatic and therefore it is unskillful." In the past, when I asked you to explain why Automatics weren't okay, without talking about their balance in the state of H5 -- your only support was "They are overpowered in Halo 5, so they take no skill." ...you know, only talking directly about their balance in the state of H5.

Instead of responding to this, you decided that, because I remarked the AR was actually designed to be fired at that range like was done in the video, that I must be using circular logic because "The AR shouldn't kill that fast, but it did because it was made to." -- that's not what I was saying at all. The AR should kill that fast because he actually used it well. If he'd simply held down the trigger in that player's general direction and gotten the kill, I'd be livid.

But no, you reply with some inane "Well Huke got 2000 kills with the Fuel Rod" remark -- not only impossible to do in a game, but completely irrelevant to the point of how he was utilizing the AR. The Fuel Rod doesn't have different ways to fire, simply the ability to lead your shot better and get a one-click instead of having to splash someone to death with 2-3 shots. Applying an exaggeration does not highlight a logical fallacy. It makes a logical fallacy to further entrench yourself into your point without affecting the other person's at all.

If the AR can be tap fired to give it ridiculous range then the pistol should be able to fire full auto up close.

• Upvote (+1) 3

yooooooooooooooooo

any particular reason why Str8 Rippin worlds roster broke up? trying something new or did someone get a better team offer?

Is Str8 Rippin still an org?

Has anyone received their Str8 Rippin apparel yet? Any updates as to when they will start delivering? keep seeing 1-2 weeks but that was said 2-3 weeks ago.

Can't hate on the pig helmet grind. I'd take off Achilles to use that if I had the patience to learn how Forge actually works in H5. But I'm a pleb, so it's not really a problem.

I learned forge and made an entire map in one day.

yooooooooooooooooo

any particular reason why Str8 Rippin worlds roster broke up? trying something new or did someone get a better team offer?

Is Str8 Rippin still an org?

Has anyone received their Str8 Rippin apparel yet? Any updates as to when they will start delivering? keep seeing 1-2 weeks but that was said 2-3 weeks ago.

The Str8 Rippin merch was lost by Tom Hanks on a remote island. A character by the name of "Wilson" was blamed. (No one has any clue when you'll see the Str8 merch)

Currently, Str8 Rippin is still an org, but we'll see if that holds true in the coming days.

Eco left for TL, and then that sort of started a bit of a storm on the roster with different team combinations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So....can someone talk me through the schedule for UGC St Louis and possibly make me a list of what to bring and expect? First event. Kinda nervous. Just pissed myself, brb.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Str8 Rippin merch was lost by Tom Hanks on a remote island. A character by the name of "Wilson" was blamed. (No one has any clue when you'll see the Str8 merch)

Currently, Str8 Rippin is still an org, but we'll see if that holds true in the coming days.

Eco left for TL, and then that sort of started a bit of a storm on the roster with different team combinations.

thanks for the info! guess they sent the "Str8 Rippin 2016 World Champs" apparel to africa  :kappa:

giphy.gif 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So....can someone talk me through the schedule for UGC St Louis and possibly make me a list of what to bring and expect? First event. Kinda nervous. Just pissed myself, brb.

cant speak for UGC events but as a person who attended most of the MLG Dallas events, bring Vicks and rub it under your nose because sadly, some people either dont shower or dont put on deodorant  :wutface:

all jokes aside hope you have a good time!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Use a lot of hand sanitizer.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Clothes and toiletries for a weekend. Then a controller, a microusb cord for said controller and a wired headset. I also reccommend a case of beer that's really dealer's choice.

Edit: as far as schedule, usually its FFA friday, big open bracket saturday and then "championship sunday". So sunday is no guarantee but you should get 2 days of halo in.

The consequences of sub-only mode, as demonstrated by spartan's chat:

subonlychat.jpg

Twitch chat is supposed to be AIDS, but what the fuck is this...

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's a real chance that I'm one of five people, but I'm kinda bummed the HCS Listen In podcast is seemingly no more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a real chance that I'm one of five people, but I'm kinda bummed the HCS Listen In podcast is seemingly no more.

Its downfall is not talking about subjects that are interesting. If Snip3down and Lethul are having beef on Twitter I want to hear about that. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its downfall is not talking about subjects that are interesting. If Snip3down and Lethul are having beef on Twitter I want to hear about that. 

so team beyond the podcast? i like it

531c3b03b3c1e3179c91993411d24906.jpg

"on this episode of team beyond the podcast, we look at: spartan's bitchy tweets, where's the str8 gear, are ar's over powered, and stress- why the pros are feeling it and what to do about it"

• Upvote (+1) 5