CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can you do me a favor and get super hyped in your casting when a player picks up a silenced AR? You should get especially excited if they get a crouching silenced AR kill.

Actually the camo + silenced AR combo is pretty OP
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Actually the camo + silenced AR combo is pretty OP

That's why it's so exciting!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ya the latency and stuff, thats not what im talking about. The servers blow and thats what causes that. Well the servers are inconsistent, but a lot of them blow

What's your point then? The aiming in this game sucks. Whether it's due to servers or acceleration rates or whatever doesn't really matter. The fact of the matter is the aiming in this game is horrendous and lowers the skill gap of the game quite a bit.

Aiming mechanics that actively fight against you in an FPS is one of the worst, most undermining things that an FPS can have.

I put it on the same level as h3's BR spread. Atleast the BR spread only affected the BR though.

2829dca6e15e7795bb722a02cbdaee8e.png

1. Wow

2. I

3. am

4. STRESSED

1. Please

2. Contact

3. Tim

4. Longo

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's almost like...when Huke got 2000 kills with fuel rod against optic he was using the gun the way it was designed. See how that's a meaningless thing to say to defend the fuel rod because it is an easy and overpowered weapon that has no place on a map like truth?

I also enjoy comparing apples and oranges.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 19

I'll explain it for you. Apollo is trying to say that a starting weapon that shreds at close range with no skill required shouldn't be able to also kill as quickly as it did in his video at long range. You used circular logic to argue against that by saying it's ok for the AR to do that because it was made to do that. I made an exaggerated comparison to illustrate the flaw in your logic by defending the fuel rod with the same type of circular logic. It's not apples and oranges.

woah calm down dude, passive aggressive levels approaching 9000  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

woah calm down dude, passive aggressive levels approaching 9000  :kappa:

Very smart decision to keep Kimbo. Dude is a god.

Sorry sometimes it's hard to tell who's being serious 

Ya I'm not even sure wtf is going on anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest issue with the AR as a starting weapon is that practically no matter what if an AR engages you, you will be dead or left one shot.

Which is a massive skill gap shrinker. Especially in this game where people can fly over to you in 0.2 seconds and you can't recharge shields while sprinting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The biggest issue with the AR as a starting weapon is that practically no matter what if an AR engages you, you will be dead or left one shot.

Which is a massive skill gap shrinker. Especially in this game where people can fly over to you in 0.2 seconds and you can't recharge shields while sprinting.

Nah dude if I'm crouching in a corner with a storm rifle and get the drop when I see them coming by they probably won't get me to no shields

#positionalgameplay

• Downvote (-1) 1

Except the thing is, the AR actually is designed to be used at that range...by being fired at a slower rate than the rate at which it shreds at close range. Which is exactly what Apoll0 did. It still kills in 17 (or however many bullets) and because he fired no more than 4-5 bullets at a time in the clip while also only firing while his reticule was over the target (you know, aiming skillfully), the AR actually secured a skillful kill at that range in a reduced amount of time than most players would have been able to secure the kill. There's no circular logic being applied here -- He utilized the weapon optimally, displaying both mechanical dexterity in aiming well, and also practical use of the weapon applying for its blooming design.

Yes, and the argument is that a weapon (at least one that you start with) that is easy and takes no skill to use at close range should not also have the option to deal good damage at long range even if it takes some small measure of skill

The only logic you're applying is this fallacious "It's an automatic and therefore it is unskillful" statement that you and so many others on this forum blanket across the board without ever actually supporting it beyond "It's an automatic and therefore it is unskillful." In the past, when I asked you to explain why Automatics weren't okay, without talking about their balance in the state of H5 -- your only support was "They are overpowered in Halo 5, so they take no skill." ...you know, only talking directly about their balance in the state of H5.

i don't remember the conversation you're referencing but there's no reason to talk about automatics in halo 5 outside of their balance in halo 5. I don't have an issue with the AR in halo reach's remake of Halo 1 because it is so weak as to be irrelevant. So, again, my problem with autos is only in their implementation in halo 5. The reasons given have been far more numerous than "it's an automatic and therefore unskillful", but I think you know that. In case you forgot, reasons include:

1. Hard to miss at close range, or at least miss enough that you don't make a better player no shields in a fair fight.

2. Powerful at close range in relation to the primary precision weapon

3. You spawn with it so these problems are virtually omnipresent in the game

4. It has the capability to finish off people who are weak with tap fire, which is not as difficult as switching to your pistol and hitting a headshot

5. Requires little skill to place yourself in a good position to use it

Instead of responding to this, you decided that, because I remarked the AR was actually designed to be fired at that range like was done in the video, that I must be using circular logic because "The AR shouldn't kill that fast, but it did because it was made to." -- that's not what I was saying at all. The AR should kill that fast because he actually used it well. If he'd simply held down the trigger in that player's general direction and gotten the kill, I'd be livid.

Addressed above

But no, you reply with some inane "Well Huke got 2000 kills with the Fuel Rod" remark -- not only impossible to do in a game...

you got me man, it IS impossible to get 2000 kills in a slayer. I had forgotten that.

...but completely irrelevant to the point of how he was utilizing the AR. The Fuel Rod doesn't have different ways to fire, simply the ability to lead your shot better and get a one-click instead of having to splash someone to death with 2-3 shots. Applying an exaggeration does not highlight a logical fallacy. It makes a logical fallacy to further entrench yourself into your point without affecting the other person's at all.

You just illustrated two aspects of the fuel rod's skill gap:

1. Leading your shots

2. Not splash damaging yourself

The point is that these aspects of the weapon's skill are not particularly difficult to learn (just like the AR's tap function) and also that the existence of some skillful things to which you can point does not make the weapon less overpowered (also like the AR). Again, the AR would be fundamentally overpowered even if it didn't have the tap function.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1