CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ninja is one of the most popular non pron streamers on the internet so i hope he stays around for a while

he's also good enough imo

For the record I don't actually care if he plays Halo or not I was just trying to get the thread back on track with some haterade. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

For the record I don't actually care if he plays Halo or not I was just trying to get the thread back on track with some haterade. 

Sometimes we don't want to get back on track.

Nerf radar

Make AR 4sk

Remove pistol

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sometimes we don't want to get back on track.

Nerf radar

Make AR 4sk

Remove pistol

DAE dislike ESL and think MLG is better than blow jobs?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit you're right. Why did I get a degree in computer networking on scholarship when I could have just became a professional Halo player on one of like 4 teams that makes enough money to live off of?!?!

Maybe some people want to work in an advanced technical field that requires a college education. Some people don't want to just settle for whatever job they can find, they want to actively go after the job they want.

And some people want to pursue other aspects of entertainment and try to attain a lifestyle from that.

Just like there are condescending college assholes that look down on trades, there are people like Spartan

And some people want to pursue other aspects of entertainment and try to attain a lifestyle from that.

Just like there are condescending college assholes that look down on trades, there are people like Spartan

Well now I'm confused. Are you trying to make a valid point or just vent anger about your older brother talking shit to you? 

How does other people not wanting to go to college...make college a scam? That doesn't even make sense when high. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Well now I'm confused. Are you trying to make a valid point or just vent anger about your older brother talking shit to you?

How does other people not wanting to go to college...make college a scam? That doesn't even make sense when high.

What older brother? The point is who gives a shit what Spartan says.

Go to sleep you're an idiot.

• Downvote (-1) 7

The only scam of college is the insane price increase over the past few decades. You used to be able to pay for school with a part time job, but now college tuition is skyrocketing while wages stagnated.

Its still worth it to have a degree if what you want to do requires it.

We go on some weird tangents sometimes but i love it

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol how did you just get mad at him for that post??? Calm down man we don't need you and our older brothers being mean to us
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol how did you just get mad at him for that post??? Calm down man we don't need you and our older brothers being mean to us

How passive aggressive is this forum on the regular to where you interpreted that as me being mad? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How passive aggressive is this forum on the regular to where you interpreted that as me being mad? 

How passive aggressive is this forum that you asked him how passive aggressive this forum is in a passive aggressive manner?

• Upvote (+1) 6

probably the part where you asked him if he was venting about his imaginary brother shit talking him or the part where it doesn't make sense even when high. Those were the 2 things that helped me come to that conclusion.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

How passive aggressive is this forum that you asked him how passive aggressive this forum is in a passive aggressive manner?

This passive aggressive

https://youtu.be/Eyc17rUCMqw?t=30

probably the part where you asked him if he was venting about his imaginary brother shit talking him or the part where it doesn't make sense even when high. Those were the 2 things that helped me come to that conclusion.

That was a joke based on how ridiculously out of context his comment was. As if he had something pent up he wanted to get off his chest. 

Just out of curiosity, how much do most of the people criticizing aiming mechanics play, and at what rank? I can say that a lot of this seems slightly undereducated on how H5 plays at a higher level. Gun fights are almost always intense, think NBNS Reach but a little bit more in my opinion, plus the pistol isn't as good at a range relative to the Reach DMR so fights tend to be closer or it takes a lot of skill to fight at a longer range.

Yes sniping in H5 is "easier", 100% easier than in H3, and there is magnetism, there is no denying that. No scoping is ridiculous as well, but i think one thing that makes the sniper look more over powered than it is is the fact that it has too much ammo at the moment. I'm not claiming there isn't magnetism and it isn't "easy", but the pure amount of shots you get to take with it also add to the amount of ridiculous kills that will happen. You just have the luxory of taking more shots, and each shot has a higher likely hood of landing than in the past. Reach had a very easy sniper in my opinion, mechanically different, but there was some intense aim assist, especially on the back of the head, if you knew what you were doing with that thing.

As far as movement mechanics are concerned, maybe at a lower level it seems like they don't add a lot, but let me tell you, a miss timed thrust in a gun fight at a higher level (i don't mean like pro, but like onyx 2300 give or take, the higher the more evident this is) can make a substantial difference. Just the way you can time a shot with your thrust can be the difference between being up or down a shot or 2 in a fight. That adds up. Then add crouch strafing in this game which is for some reason insanely good if you can do it right. Strafing in general there are just a lot of options that can give you an edge in a fight, and that also means that you need to learn to aim to compensate for all this.

O and autos, H5 AR vs H5 AR is much more skillful than H3 AR vs H3 AR. Storm rifles are kinda lame but there aren't many on maps anymore. SMGs also kinda lame but they dont have much range and there aren't a whole lot of those either. Fuel sucked and im glad its gone. Rail gun is absurd and i wouldnt mind seeing that have less ammo or something. But ya all around, on a competitive level H5 at a basic level has the potential for a massive skill gap and you really see that at its higher levels.

Playing against people who aren't trying their asses off every engagement and strafing like crazy and sweating, yes i can see how it seems easy to shoot and how thrusting just seems like a get away tactic or whatever, but when people are trying to be as good as possible, there is a lot they can do to be better than their opponents. The skill gap is very high in this game as far as individual skill, in my opinion.

The level at which you play has literally nothing to do with h5's shitty aiming.

Even pros complain about the aiming.

It's just bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This passive aggressive

https://youtu.be/Eyc17rUCMqw?t=30

That was a joke based on how ridiculously out of context his comment was. As if he had something pent up he wanted to get off his chest.

made sense to me, he was referring to the part where you said some people don't want to just settle and some people go after the job they want, assuming that you were saying college was the only way to do to that. I found the context, at least from reading it that's what I see I can't speak for him.

made sense to me, he was referring to the part where you said some people don't want to just settle and some people go after the job they want, assuming that you were saying college was the only way to do to that. I found the context, at least from reading it that's what I see I can't speak for him.

You're smart.

You probably went to college.

Assuming that you were saying college was the only way to do to that.

Except I never said that. Like you said, that was an assumption. Literally the entire point of college is to get a degree showing your aptitude in a focused field so you can get a job in that particular field. With some fields it's absolutely required to have a college degree if you want to work in that specific field.

There are plenty of people who get business degrees with no focus and get a completely irrelevant job.  

can we just pretend the last night of 2016 didn't happen like most of the rest of the world does?

time to move along. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Except I never said that. Like you said, that was an assumption. Literally the entire point of college is to get a degree showing your aptitude in a focused field so you can get a job in that particular field. With some fields it's absolutely required to have a college degree if you want to work in that specific field.

There are plenty of people who get business degrees with no focus and get a completely irrelevant job.

Only 27% of college grads work in fields related to their degree

College = scam

Spartan = visionary

• Downvote (-1) 6

Only 27% of college grads work in fields related to their degree

College = scam

Spartan = visionary

I don't think you know what that word actually means. A very large number of those people who get a job in an unrelated field aren't doing it because their college scammed them. It's because they changed their mind on what they want to do. Or wanted more money. Or didn't want to move. Etc. Etc.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think you know what that word actually means. A very large number of those people who get a job in an unrelated field aren't doing it because their college scammed them. It's because they changed their mind on what they want to do. Or wanted more money. Or didn't want to move. Etc. Etc.

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Take Memes Seriously Thread
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3