CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pick 4, any 4 players to make an unbeatable team.

Royal 2, Snakebite, Huke, and Ola, Lethul or Frosty..... 

I'm trying to consider how much harder it would be to build a roster that could beat them so.... 

This is literally impossible to come up with a perfect team...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see Mercy Slayer as a better gametype than Rig Slayer.

Perhaps, but I don't think Rig slayer is a particular competitive gametype either lol.

I have no problem with strongholds on that map though.  

Honestly, I have a problem with slayer in general for competitive.  Not that we need to compare ourselves to other esports, but what can you think of where a slayer-equivalent gametype exists?  Every other shooter has some sort of objective to it.  At most killing the other team counts as an alternative win condition, but its not the primary puspose of the gametype (im thinking of CS and SnD in CoD specifically)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are we all thinking NV will make a change? They just won lol.

Lots of people will point to the EG Dota team releasing a player after winning the International 2015 as an example of "anything can happen" because the team won ~$6 mil. 

But I agree with you that it'd be crazy to have a roster change because winning should guarantee a level of job security. Plus, I don't think it'd be healthy for a roster if one member was in constant fear of getting dropped (although, i'm no sports psychologist so who knows).

I think this loss couldn't have come at a better time for OG. This gives them more than enough time to fix what's needed and be fully prepared for the end goal tournament that is Worlds 2017.

They have been steamrolling teams for so long now, I bet they started coasting and not taking scims 100% serious. Even when Lethul streams scrims, you can tell he's not fully listening to his team during strats or losses, but responding to chat comments most of the time. I realize that people play/stream differently and I love watching his stream the most, but if he simply turned off his cam or just ignored chat during scrims, this will allow him to focus on the game fully. 

Im excited for the next event, because I know OG is going to go ham, I cant wait to see an eventual rematch.

My roster predictions:

nV: Same

OG: Same

Liquid: Commonly, Peng, Rayne, Victory

Str8: Same

LG: Danoxide, Naded, SpartanNinja

EG: Roy, Lunch, Steller, Bubu

E6: Cratos, Suspector, Shooter, eL TowN

This is definitely the Bubu F/A offseason, any team that he goes to will improve greatly.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

along with stasis ctf, id love to see either plaza sh or empire sh removed. those games are too snowbally for my taste. id love to see plaza oddball tested. id doubt we'd see it in time for st. louis, but maybe for summer season

Another fun story, ESL forgot to add me to the recipient list for the Fall Finals stats  :walshy:  Things just arent going well at all are they?  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 8

along with stasis ctf, id love to see either plaza sh or empire sh removed. those games are too snowbally for my taste. id love to see plaza oddball tested. id doubt we'd see it in time for st. louis, but maybe for summer season

I don't like the game 7 slayer decider. I wonder how team slayer would play if it was a timer, like the FFA was at Vegas? Or is it proven that first to 50 is better?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Str8 makes a team change, it should be built around Ace and Eco. I can see at least one of these three players joining Str8 if they do make a change: Stellur bubu or Suspector.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stupid Team prediction season is here. Here is my contribution which will be totally wrong.

OG: Same

nV: Same

Liquid: Same

Str8: Ace, APG, Eco, Stellur

EG: Roybox, Bubu, Shooter

E6: Cratos, Suspector, Naded, Danoxide

Allegiance: Contra, Devon, Falcated, Rammy

LG (or other org): El Town, Ninja, Victory, Heinz

Another fun story, ESL forgot to add me to the recipient list for the Fall Finals stats  :walshy:  Things just arent going well at all are they?  :mj:

They really gone and fucked up with you this past week haven't they? sheesh get it together ESL.

I think this loss couldn't have come at a better time for OG. This gives them more than enough time to fix what's needed and be fully prepared for the end goal tournament that is Worlds 2017.

They have been steamrolling teams for so long now, I bet they started coasting and not taking scims 100% serious. Even when Lethul streams scrims, you can tell he's not fully listening to his team during strats or losses, but responding to chat comments most of the time. I realize that people play/stream differently and I love watching his stream the most, but if he simply turned off his cam or just ignored chat during scrims, this will allow him to focus on the game fully. 

Im excited for the next event, because I know OG is going to go ham, I cant wait to see an eventual rematch.

My roster predictions:

LG: Danoxide, Naded, Spartan, Ninja

This is definitely the Bubu F/A offseason, any team that he goes to will improve greatly.

Holy crap that would be the team they would follow around for the reality show.

EG could be very scary team if Roybox decided to fulltime grind for worlds. Roybox, Bubu, Naded/Stellur.

Also I could see another am team breaking in, like Elevate last Worlds.

Why does everyone think Heinz will get dropped from Str8 for Stellur? I love Bee, but that will hurt the team more than anything, just like EG

ng11r_la_courtyard_remix;   ng11_la_courtyard ;   ng20r_sa_towers_remix ;   ng20_sa_towers ;   ng23r_ss_skew_remix ;   ng23_ss_skew ;   ng25r_ss_pistons_remixed; Stasis   ng25_ss_pistons ; Torque   ng42r_acropolis_remix ;   ng42_acropolis ;   ng43r_midship_remix ; Regret   ng43_midship ; Truth   ng50r_ss_coliseum_remix ;   ng50_ss_coliseum ; Coliseum   ng93_haven ; Mercy

Anyone know what the missing map names are? These are the map names provided and I've no clue what they are.

I see Mercy Slayer as a better gametype than Rig Slayer.

That could be a great map to have almost no power weapons on. Just a few rifles and maybe a rail/snipe by mohawk. Leave snipe with only 4-8 rounds total. Leave the rest to overall gun skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Perhaps, but I don't think Rig slayer is a particular competitive gametype either lol.

I have no problem with strongholds on that map though.  

Honestly, I have a problem with slayer in general for competitive.  Not that we need to compare ourselves to other esports, but what can you think of where a slayer-equivalent gametype exists?  Every other shooter has some sort of objective to it.  At most killing the other team counts as an alternative win condition, but its not the primary puspose of the gametype (im thinking of CS and SnD in CoD specifically)

I dont generally watch cod, but i thought they used to do deathmatch in competitive. while i agree with you (i much prefer to play objective games) a game that puts a lot of emphasis on individual skill and teamshot, a slayer game is important to showcase that. plus we had some intense slayers this past weekend. its a lot of fun to watch halo like that

That could be a great map to have almost no power weapons on. Just a few rifles and maybe a rail/snipe by mohawk. Leave snipe with only 4-8 rounds total. Leave the rest to overall gun skill.

haha you just described every competitive map in the game imo

• Upvote (+1) 4

ng11r_la_courtyard_remix Overgrowth?;   ng11_la_courtyard Plaze? ;   ng20r_sa_towers_remix Eden;   ng20_sa_towers Empire;   ng23r_ss_skew_remix ;   ng23_ss_skew ;   ng25r_ss_pistons_remixed; Stasis   ng25_ss_pistons ; Torque   ng42r_acropolis_remix ;   ng42_acropolis ;   ng43r_midship_remix ; Regret   ng43_midship ; Truth   ng50r_ss_coliseum_remix Tyrant (sp?) ;   ng50_ss_coliseum ; Coliseum   ng93_haven ; Mercy

Anyone know what the missing map names are? These are the map names provided and I've no clue what they are.

My guesses for the missing ones.

• Upvote (+1) 2

along with stasis ctf, id love to see either plaza sh or empire sh removed. those games are too snowbally for my taste. id love to see plaza oddball tested. id doubt we'd see it in time for st. louis, but maybe for summer season

Is plaza strongholds really all that snowbally?

I mean its strongholds, so the occassional slaughter is going to occur, but plaza sh has had some of the tightest games and some of the most exciting comebacks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is plaza strongholds really all that snowbally?

I mean its strongholds, so the occassional slaughter is going to occur, but plaza sh has had some of the tightest games and some of the most exciting comebacks.

its one that can turn quick. we've seen a lot of games where teams have been able to turn a 60+ point deficit into a win. its no 100-0 like empire which would be my first choice to go, but i would like plaza oddball more than sh. i think it has a similar feel to h3 gaurdians for that.

• Upvote (+1) 1