CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

from all the little tid bits (including that one with a screenshot from glass ceiling with a contractors pros/cons of working at 343) it seems like the biggest problem is that there is confusing corporate structure/communication at 343. I feel like everybody there is passionate but there is some dissonance or lack of structure that makes simple things fall through the cracks. I'd imagine it's as frustrating for individuals working there as it is for us. It's not a simple fix that one person can enact either, I'd imagine.

Its not simple but one person can fix it if you get the right studio head in there that is given the power by microsoft.

A good CEO (Or whatever you want to call it) can turn shit around. Im not calling for anybody to get fired or anything, but a solid change of philosophy that you really buy into can change your decision making process in a very positive way too.

I do feel that philosophy has been changing for the better over the last few months.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I just spent about an hour and a half digging out from this lovely little nor'easter that has taken an abominable dump all over New England, braved terribly plowed roads in a Corolla built for retirees to drive to Denny's in much, much warmer climates, only to come in here after all of that I find all sorts of misinformation. Here's the long and the short of it:

It's all about that 8-4, guys.

Edit: Also, I work a desk job, and I find myself less and less frustrated with it not being my dream job. Not that I'm settling by any means, I still have dreams, hopes and aspirations, but I get home at a consistent time each day, a consistent paycheck, and I see my family every single night, and that far outweighs my dislike of my coglike profession.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wait they said Halo esports would get a reality tv show. Maybe this roster mania is being filmed. Ha

They must be filming twitter feeds  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just edited my post when you replied haha. 343 did it before with Halo 4, so is it harder in Halo 5? maybe they don't wanna do it? maybe the whole campaign/multiplayer thing is connected? Who knows, so you're absolutely right we can't assume shit yet.

I honestly think Tim Longo is a cool dude and I think he'll give us a good response with this whole topic.

Could be just how the game was built. I think one of the biggest complaints for Halo 4 and Halo: Reach after their updates was how every gun behaved differently depending on where you were playing. Campaign and Spartan Ops didn't change, custom games were out of date for a couple of months (and permanently in Halo: Reach's case) and matchmaking had various different settings in both H4 and Reach.

This time I guess they opted to have them all unified (insert lol universal settings here) so one change affects everything - although I really don't know. I'm a big fan of Tim Longo too, never heard a bad thing about him so I hope we can get some meaningful discussion going especially with the radar changes coming next year or at least a good reason why there has been no meaningful changes in the past year outside of a questionable Plasma Caster & Hydra buff.

Edit: Also, I work a desk job, and I find myself less and less frustrated with it not being my dream job. Not that I'm settling by any means, I still have dreams, hopes and aspirations, but I get home at a consistent time each day, a consistent paycheck, and I see my family every single night, and that far outweighs my dislike of my coglike profession.

This. All of this.there would be some sweet jobs out there but honestly id much rather be able to be home and see my family and try to pass on my love for halo and the comp scene

All I want is TSM to join the ranks!

I hope for TSM or Faze tbh, would be lit for the Halo scene 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Its not simple but one person can fix it if you get the right studio head in there that is given the power by microsoft.

A good CEO (Or whatever you want to call it) can turn shit around. Im not calling for anybody to get fired or anything, but a solid change of philosophy that you really buy into can change your decision making process in a very positive way too.

I do feel that philosophy has been changing for the better over the last few months.

Bonnie Ross is the general manager.

Seems to me that a good reorganization could help a lot. It just seems to me that the company is structured in a way that prevents priorities from being set correctly.

There's been countless pros that have streamed a lot and barely made any ground. Twitch isn't an exact formula... you could be the best streamer ever and you could barely see any growth. It's a lot of luck, and sometimes you could do things perfectly right and it wouldn't work out. 

Yes you're correct there is an element of luck involved but you are ignoring other important factors.

There are reasons people choose to watch players like you, naded, and ninja, but not as many watch say a cratos or a penquin or even a royal 2.

One factor is consistency: and i am not talking about like consistent for a week or two, try getting on and streaming everyday for like 2 months - you yourself saw tremendous growth once you started streaming daily, as viewers and more importantly subs knew when you were going to be on.

Next is personality/entertainment/chat engagement: This is where the likes of Naded yourself and Ninja and hell even snakebite come to the forefront. Everyone one of you guys entertain your streams through not only the high level gameplay but through other factors:

Naded: getting hyped/ doing stupid things, running games with subs repeatedly.

ninja: doing childish things which makes his viewers laugh whilst also playing super aggressive and producing highlight reel plays (plays with subs repeatedly)

Lethul: trolling (king of the cummies) and great chat interaction, (plays with subs repeatedly)

Snakebite - being blunt about the state of halo and 343 and even making it funny in the process. (plays with subs repeatedly)

Next is the time they stream (yes this is fucking important), I often only see players stream when they are scrimming, whats the problem with this? well how are they going to build a brand of loyal followers if they are only streaming when every other more established pro's are already streaming, like you have to get a foothold, you have to first gain an a respective audience before you go up against the pro's streaming during prime time hours. The only exception to this rule is if you are a halo god like pistola or someone like that. Snalebite and yourself took advantage of this and built up quite a large following during typically quite hours. 

Additionally, fans tend to only watch, their team or at best a team which has alot of hype surrounding it during scrim hours so players that aren't on those teams are limiting their audience even further, and reducing the chances more and more. In order to stand a chance you need to build up an audience or create the next god squad (personally i feel like getting up a few hours earlier would be easier)

Next and this where the control kind of leaves the players hands, there isn't alot of hype/storylines/drama concerning some of our pro's thus the main reason people choose to watch them is for their gameplay, which when the others aren't streaming might be enough but when they are no chance, this is where they need to do a better job at finding their niche and marketing and advertising that niche much better, i mean i see maybe one or two tweets from halo pro's regarding their streams, bitch are you crazy look at the cod pro's they shamelessly promote their streams, by scrim map count, series scores, they don't care they just want to grab as much attention as humanely posible.

Lastly - likability - and this is where the likes of cratos and lifesyle (coincidentally really close friends) really fucked up. if you aren't likable then all your efforts are a waste of time. Their is a way to play the villian - just look at yourself or aches from cod both of whom have a dedicated and loyal following. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

LMAO

Rich roasting Batch is my favourite part of the internet now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I know if I don't want TSM. They did some really scummy things recently in CSGO and have never shown they give a shit about anything other than LoL. C9 kinda got screwed out of a team after S1 finals I'd like to see them come back. I'm indifferent about FaZe I don't really care for the org.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes you're correct there is an element of luck involved but you are ignoring other important factors.

There are reasons people choose to watch players like you, naded, and ninja, but not as many watch say a cratos or a penquin or even a royal 2.

One factor is consistency: and i am not talking about like consistent for a week or two, try getting on and streaming everyday for like 2 months - you yourself saw tremendous growth once you started streaming daily, as viewers and more importantly subs knew when you were going to be on.

Next is personality/entertainment/chat engagement: This is where the likes of Naded yourself and Ninja and hell even snakebite come to the forefront. Everyone one of you guys entertain your streams through not only the high level gameplay but through other factors:

Naded: getting hyped/ doing stupid things, running games with subs repeatedly.

ninja: doing childish things which makes his viewers laugh whilst also playing super aggressive and producing highlight reel plays (plays with subs repeatedly)

Lethul: trolling (king of the cummies) and great chat interaction, (plays with subs repeatedly)

Snakebite - being blunt about the state of halo and 343 and even making it funny in the process. (plays with subs repeatedly)

Next is the time they stream (yes this is fucking important), I often only see players stream when they are scrimming, whats the problem with this? well how are they going to build a brand of loyal followers if they are only streaming when every other more established pro's are already streaming, like you have to get a foothold, you have to first gain an a respective audience before you go up against the pro's streaming during prime time hours. The only exception to this rule is if you are a halo god like pistola or someone like that. Snalebite and yourself took advantage of this and built up quite a large following during typically quite hours. 

Additionally, fans tend to only watch, their team or at best a team which has alot of hype surrounding it during scrim hours so players that aren't on those teams are limiting their audience even further, and reducing the chances more and more. In order to stand a chance you need to build up an audience or create the next god squad (personally i feel like getting up a few hours earlier would be easier)

Next and this where the control kind of leaves the players hands, there isn't alot of hype/storylines/drama concerning some of our pro's thus the main reason people choose to watch them is for their gameplay, which when the others aren't streaming might be enough but when they are no chance, this is where they need to do a better job at finding their niche and marketing and advertising that niche much better, i mean i see maybe one or two tweets from halo pro's regarding their streams, bitch are you crazy look at the cod pro's they shamelessly promote their streams, by scrim map count, series scores, they don't care they just want to grab as much attention as humanely posible.

Lastly - likability - and this is where the likes of cratos and lifesyle (coincidentally really close friends) really fucked up. if you aren't likable then all your efforts are a waste of time. Their is a way to play the villian - just look at yourself or aches from cod both of whom have a dedicated and loyal following. 

Sorry, accidental upvote :stressed: 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

About the 343 lack of clear communications, one thing at play could also be Microsoft. I don't believe 343 has full autonomy, and that MS can come in and issue mandates on whatever they want in the game. That type of stuff can cause a lot of dissonance and unclear directive, resulting in strange things neither leadership group wanted. Just some conjecture on my part.

About the 343 lack of clear communications, one thing at play could also be Microsoft. I don't believe 343 has full autonomy, and that MS can come in and issue mandates on whatever they want in the game. That type of stuff can cause a lot of dissonance and unclear directive, resulting in strange things neither leadership group wanted. Just some conjecture on my part.

Meh i doubt that ms is saying that 343 should add autos and ignore users. Look at someone like phil spencer. He is super open about xbox related news, announcements, etc. I think 343 is able to operate fsirly independently. Theyre jyst not very good.

plot twist: CLG returns to pick up spartan's team

If it means we get a second set of CLG skins, I'm in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure there's a foursome out there that can really challenge the top 2 but the teams that have been scrimming recently are defiantly not it. 

I think both TL and Problem Solvers have a chance if they keep practicing and can work out playstyle wise. They all have similar make ups as NV and Optic, (mainly all slayers in some form), they just need to learn to play together and mesh. I have hope.

Ace's ankles weren't even healed from what Commonly did to him  :mj:

https://clips.twitch.tv/acetv/ColorfulShrewTriHard

That's why he's so stressed. :kappa: