CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thank you so much man, seriously. It it's any consolation I know if anyone is expendable on this team it is me. It just makes me work even harder to become a player that can't be replaced.

like i said b4, you got heart man. gotta respect the grind.

Snip

I think that's what makes nV a team that can stack up to OpTic.

They have the slaying potency to hang with them. Obj play can come with playing together more and chemistry. Having "one dedicated obj. guy" can be detrimental if that player doesn't bring it in the slaying category.

I get what you're saying and you make a valid point, the difference between obj. games and slayer games with nV was quite noticeable, but the only way a swap makes sense is if the "more objective" minded player, also brings the same, if not more slaying potency to the table.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Outside of Optic players and maybe bubu, anyone NV picks up will be a downgrade, in my opinion. The only other player that can be legitimately argued as another option that wouldn't weaken NV is Stellur because he can also slay. With all this said, NV would be foolish to make any changes. Just improve in obj efficiency and keep grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nv's only obj weakness is strongholds. I think t2 said it best when he said that because guys like ola and snipedown value each life so much it makes then slower in some obj gametype. Other than that they were dominating flag games. Slaying so much and had optic on their heels even in the games they lost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm personally hoping that most (if not all) of Liquid stays together. They underperformed at finals, on good days they are capable of beating OG and nV. Completely blowing up and rebuilding a new team right before Worlds also just seems like a plain bad idea.

That said, while it obviously seems crazy to suggest they make a team change at this point... am I the only one who wonders what nV might be like with a more objective player on their squad? Objective games are clearly their weakness, and the majority of games in a series are objective-based. They relied on Slayer gametypes to get most of their wins during that second series, barely snagging their one needed objective win (3-2 CTF). If it remained a weakness, it would be ripe for exploitation.

The reverse could be said about Optic (Slayer being the weakness), but teams still need to win at least one OBJ against them in a series. If Optic wins a Slayer mode, it's basically GGs.

Again, I'm not gonna be crazy and suggest nV makes a roster change. But my brain likes toying with scenarios, I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar thought.

Both TL and Str8 staying together could benefit them imo. Just like NV, it takes a build up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the EU Pulse roster migrating or splitting up?

Two of their players (CxLii and Punishr) have joined Supremacy now.

Man, it just hit me, but I'm so incredibly happy for Ola. A year ago, people were saying he was washed, he was done. Even back in H2A people thought the wizard was losing it. To add to that, people were questioning his sanity from that brief week he streamed. Fast forward to this season and nV beats Optic in pro league, but Ola said that didn't matter until they beat them in the big one. Well he finally did it. I know he probably doesn't read the forum but just wanted to give a shoutout to my favorite player since 08 for accomplishing what many thought was impossible.

The Wizard simply keeps on Wizarding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

St Louis will be very telling. I really expect OG to come back and win fairly convincingly, but I'm excited to see how NV plays against them.

Bubu & Suspector should still stick with Shooter. Ryan put up some monster stats this past season and is playing at an elite level.

I definitely agree that he's been performing extremely well, but i don't think he's the best 4th that squad could grab. 

Outside of Optic players and maybe bubu, anyone NV picks up will be a downgrade, in my opinion. The only other player that can be legitimately argued as another option that wouldn't weaken NV is Stellur because he can also slay. With all this said, NV would be foolish to make any changes. Just improve in obj efficiency and keep grinding.

I think there might be a few more obj players that can slay besides Stellur. I don't see bubu as being an upgrade personally, despite his skill. And who says Optic players are off the table? Imagine if Snakebite joined! Unlikely, but people would have said the same about EG before Lethul left.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have we realized yet that we can now create our own gametype for HCS? We can create assault, extraction, oddball, csgo offense/defense, etc. or something entirely new. I think this is our opportunity to take it upon ourselves to create that new aspect before 343i does. We know we can do it better so why not?

Have we realized yet that we can now create our own gametype for HCS? We can create assault, extraction, oddball, csgo offense/defense, etc. or something entirely new. I think this is our opportunity to take it upon ourselves to create that new aspect before 343i does. We know we can do it better so why not?

There's little over a month before the first HWC qualifier. It's highly unlikely that the maps/gametypes are not 95% decided on/figured out.

I think that's what makes nV a team that can stack up to OpTic.

They have the slaying potency to hang with them. Obj play can come with playing together more and chemistry. Having "one dedicated obj. guy" can be detrimental if that player doesn't bring it in the slaying category.

I get what you're saying and you make a valid point, the difference between obj. games and slayer games with nV was quite noticeable, but the only way a swap makes sense is if the "more objective" minded player, also brings the same, if not more slaying potency to the table.

I was thinking more along the lines of your last point, that they'd need a more objective-minded slayer, instead of a pure objective role. Right now, I think their coach is picking up the slack in that department. But if they could get someone that can slay and has shown objective expertise... hard to not see that as a win.

Has 2gre shown any interest in playing for the HWC? 1 million could be enough to get someone to come back.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was waiting to see what the new settings are like though. 

Has 2gre shown any interest in playing for the HWC? 1 million could be enough to get someone to come back.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was waiting to see what the new settings are like though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's to hoping they actually remove radar and nerf autos for the new year. It's been long overdue.

• Upvote (+1) 7

as a parent of a 3 y/o girl, im contractually obligated to +rep frozen memes

As a 30 year old grown ass man who watches frozen "because his kid likes it", i approve this message

My kids have finally gotten past the Frozen obsession.  Took a while.  Seems to be a transformers/Spiderman phase now.

Is the EU Pulse roster migrating or splitting up?

Two of their players (CxLii and Punishr) have joined Supremacy now.

Not heard much other than SLG becoming a F/A.  I really hope he lands on a good team, great player with loads of potential and seems like a really nice guy as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not heard much other than SLG becoming a F/A.  I really hope he lands on a good team, great player with loads of potential and seems like a really nice guy as well.

Where did you hear this? All I've seen are the tweets confirming Punishr and Cxlii joining Supremacy. If SLG is going free agent that means Supremacy is probably going to inherit Pulse's seed in the Pro League.

Where did you hear this? All I've seen are the tweets confirming Punishr and Cxlii joining Supremacy. If SLG is going free agent that means Supremacy is probably going to inherit Pulse's seed in the Pro League.

it was from this tweet

I havent heard anything since though

Edit: It would suck for SLG to lose his pro league spot but i suppose worlds will happen first so who knows what will become of teams following that tournament