CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wouldn't be shocked if part of the reason they left Halo was the Stellur situation. Other communities have started to pick up the "E6 has my family" meme now. Probably not happy about that at all. Also paying a 40k salary to Cratos for a year probably didn't help.

So because of your opinion on Halo 5 you'd rather not have Halo featured in Buzzfeed videos? It's so much better than having COD, Gears, or Overwatch in there.

Kind of..Really, what I'm stating is that I understand the frustrations of those whose games weren't represented despite possessing a greater influence over the Esports industry, especially with a game that is failing to attract new fans because of its shallow meta and overall stale game play compared to everything else in the industry.

We need all the exposure we can get even if it's undeserved, and I grateful for the opportunity from Buzzfeed. But I'd want the game to be exposed because it actually has something special to offer alongside every other game, not just because the developers had the money to get Buzzfeed into advertising Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If halo wants to get huge again it needs to have celebrities in commercials showcasing multiplayer. It works for cod and Madden.

Made no sense that every commercial was some somber nonsense with locks and chief like any casual gives a shit about the story in these games anymore

Made no sense that every commercial was some somber nonsense with locks and chief like any casual gives a shit about the story in these games anymore

Halo is one of the largest story driven universes. You could say its the most profitable modern day space opera. They absolutely are going to milk the shit out of it for the next 20-30 years.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If halo wants to get huge again it needs to have celebrities in commercials showcasing multiplayer. It works for cod and Madden.

Pretty sure I've seen someone at 343 say that more people buy Halo for the campaign then the multiplayer.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would say the multiplayer and the campaign are a pretty even 50/50 split with regard to what built the Halo franchise. 

You take either of those things away, Halo ends up DOA. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Pretty sure I've seen someone at 343 say that more people buy Halo for the campaign then the multiplayer.

343 says a lot of things that aren't true. 

They also pass the buck better than anyone else.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 says a lot of things that aren't true.

They also pass the buck better than anyone else.

What reason would they have to lie about that?

They have entire departments with millions in budget dedicated to marketing these games. If the marketing focuses more heavily on the campaign it's because that nets them more sales.

I swear, you could literally take any statement about Halo and someone will find a way to shit on the dev with it.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What reason would they have to lie about that?

They have entire departments with millions in budget dedicated to marketing these games. If the marketing focuses more heavily on the campaign it's because that nets them more sales.

I swear, you could literally take any statement about Halo and someone will find a way to shit on the dev with it.

What reason would they have to lie about messing up with the Crimson Map Pack in 2012, creating a fake "Buy before you try" trial instead of just going "shit, we messed up - enjoy the map pack for free for two weeks and have a good Christmas".

Saying that, I have zero doubt that most a lot of people just buy Halo to play the story and move on but lets not pretend that they haven't exactly been the most trustworthy company since they took over.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What reason would they have to lie about messing up with the Crimson Map Pack in 2012, creating a fake "Buy before you try" trial instead of just going "shit, we messed up - enjoy the map pack for free for two weeks and have a good Christmas".

Saying that, I have zero doubt that most a lot of people just buy Halo to play the story and move on but lets not pretend that they haven't exactly been the most trustworthy company since they took over.

What has that got to do with what we're talking about?

Actually, scratch that, it's almost exactly what I was talking about. They haven't done anything wrong here, better bring up something slightly questionable which happened 4 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It would suck if E6 truly left, I'm not done negotiating with them for my aunt. 

- NavG123 

Shame. Apart from that one incident and Cratos, seemed like a good org.

Letting Cratos dictate contract disputes seems like a horrible business decision. And then their twitter presence was ridiculous during the whole fiasco.

Then there's the whole "this is about family, not money" angle that seems to have gone out the window now that the roster had deteriorated from contender to pretender over the course the a season.

It was cool that they paid high salaries and got their team to every event. But they are wierdos.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really HATE to be 'that guy' but I have been really out of the HCS bubble for about 2 weeks due to assignments and then Christmas stuff. Would somebody be so kind as to post a quick recap of any big events/stories/team changed that have happened so far?

Again, sorry to be making this post as I know they can be annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Kind of..Really, what I'm stating is that I understand the frustrations of those whose games weren't represented despite possessing a greater influence over the Esports industry, especially with a game that is failing to attract new fans because of its shallow meta and overall stale game play compared to everything else in the industry.

We need all the exposure we can get even if it's undeserved, and I grateful for the opportunity from Buzzfeed. But I'd want the game to be exposed because it actually has something special to offer alongside every other game, not just because the developers had the money to get Buzzfeed into advertising Halo.

What does 'deserve' have to do with it? This wasn't some outstanding accomplishment- an honor commemorating halo 5s impact on esports. It was a simple paid promo to build awareness of h5 and esl.

The people complaining because their favorite game didn't get the commercial were just shit posting. You think they know anything about halos meta? If valve felt like they needed a buzzfeed spot, they would get one.

Products get commercials all the time. They don't have to 'earn' it, there just has to be someone trying to sell it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those numbers can't be right...

Why are fuel rod and saw in there?

Because the fuel rod was on Truth and the Saw on Empire...?

Ranks didnt reset with the playlist update if that's what you're thinking.

Which is hilarious considering how bad the Halo 5 story was.

I would say the multiplayer and the campaign are a pretty even 50/50 split with regard to what built the Halo franchise. 

You take either of those things away, Halo ends up DOA. 

The story is so important to Halo. It might not seem that way on beyond but go to waypoint and make a post about weapon balance and how autos are OP. You probably won't get more than 5 replies. Make a post saying Locke is a really good character and you've started a 20 page flame war. As someone who has been on both sides of the community, lore fans are just as if not more passionate than the competitive fans.

I'd imagine the community is something like 20-25% lore/campaign fans, 20-25% competitive fans, and 50-60% casual fans. I can't think of any other game that has a fanbase like this. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because the fuel rod was on Truth and the Saw on Empire...?

Ranks didnt reset with the playlist update if that's what you're thinking.

Whoever made this labeled it as the "Preview" playlist, so my assumption was that they cut the data off when the maps were updated but i guess not.

My point still stands though, those numbers don't really mean anything since its including 2 sets of maps.

We need to see before they updated maps, and since they have updated the maps.  that would actually mean something.

• Upvote (+1) 4