CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In this case it's the org who has the seed, with alg as far as I know

Yeah roster rules are kinda weird, so I'll elaborate. You only need 2 players to hold a seed, but in the event that a team splits evenly the "manager" (usually the coach or someone within the org) decides who gets the spot.

Though I'm not sure what we'll see happen if a seed "dissolves" (for example everyone from E6 joins a higher seeded team). My best guess is that the seed would go to the "leftovers".

Yeah roster rules are kinda weird, so I'll elaborate. You only need 2 players to hold a seed, but in the event that a team splits evenly the "manager" (usually the coach or someone within the org) decides who gets the spot.

Though I'm not sure what we'll see happen if a seed "dissolves" (for example everyone from E6 joins a higher seeded team). My best guess is that the seed would go to the "leftovers".

Plus it doesn't even seem like seeds matter for HWC. So the players could form unseeded teams and then create seeded teams before pro league. I'm not sure what issues that would cause for the orgs though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would be more interested in "supporting" Halo in that fashion if 343 wasn't stubbornly trying to jam compromised garbage into tournaments after a year of critique. They don't just get my support for free because they put Halo on the box. Why wouldn't I watch better games when they're on over "Halo?" And why wouldn't plenty of people who enjoy Halo eSports (past or present) be interested in other games as well?

I don't agree with some of the stuff 343 does but that is not going to stop me from supporting Halo and just let it die all over again like it happened during Reach and Halo 4, right now I have the option to at least help the scene with a least a concurrent view during all the tournament and tweeting out the stream. 

Sure there are a lot of "better" esport games but that wont stop me from blindy loving Halo and supporting it for all the good times it has given me over the years.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You say that like he'll make it to any events you cast  :simms:

holy shit

• Upvote (+1) 6

There is no fixing empire strongholds. Just get rid of it. At the very least only spawn people with one frag

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sometimes I feel bad about not achieving much in life, and then I realize someone actually got paid real money for creating Molten.

I can do anything. 

--

Thoughts on extermination as a competitive gamemode? Not sure about the rounds thing but the concept is neat. Emphasizes collapses lots

I feel like Breakout should be replaced by this. Maybe it could be tested for next season?

Then why are you around here if you won't support Halo? I'll take any Halo tournament over any other game.

Am I not allowed to watch other games or have preferences over Halo? EL is going to be one of the biggest and most stacked tournaments of 2017 and UGC is a qualifying LAN for a game that's probably a tenth the size of CS or even less.

I will watch as much UGC as I can but EL is by far the more important tournament to me. It's a shitty situation and I don't know how this happened.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sometimes I feel bad about not achieving much in life, and then I realize someone actually got paid real money for creating Molten.

I can do anything.

--

Thoughts on extermination as a competitive gamemode? Not sure about the rounds thing but the concept is neat. Emphasizes collapses lots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvMiDd3qkY

Its like Breakout, except not terrible. I haven't played it much, but it feels like a good gametype.

One key detail about the maps is that there are few nooks and crannies to hide in. I think that's critical in a gametype designed around collapsing with numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can do anything. 

--

Looks pretty interesting. Depending on map layouts and a few other factors it seems pretty good. Hiding places would have to be pretty minimal. 

That extermination game mode is how a 1 life game mode SHOULD be in Halo, it's super fun if anyone hasn't played it I highly recommend it.

Only real problem is that the 15 seconds respawns are way too quick to allow any maps with real depth to be made for the gametype since the second you play on anything larger than a tiny open box it's really easy for the final player to hide. I told the creators to make it a 25 or 30 second respawn and use a 4sk pistol but they didn't seem interested.

Any league seeds/spots are absolutely not relevant right now and no pros will care about league until hwc is over. Teams will change both before and after hwc, so there is no point trying to find out what will happen. Transition system from league to hwc is non existent but what can you really do with rostermania after every tournament.

I've never seem someone as butthurt as you over a few downvotes. You literally go through my post history and downvote 90% of my posts and try to bash me every chance you get.

I thought I was alone in that. I hit him with a crisp thumbs down once and he thoroughly raped my post history  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 4