CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Based on Ninjas montage intro, I think he misses the OG renegades squad as much as the rest of us do. That team had serious potential, team tilt could have competed with envy and optic imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't call a 25-30 a casual either, that's still higher than most players. The thing is, most players who don't pay attention to anything related to aim assist will not realize the difference between these games. They just hear things and believe it. I bet if I run a poll on waypoint or r/halo right now asking which halo had the least amount of aim assist they would still choose halo 5, just because 343i said it did. A lot of bad players (bronze-low plat I guess) don't pay attention to details.

Like I said, there are MANY more people who are in Between casual and high level than there are high level players... and any of them would easily recognize the differences between CE and 2 if they spent any amount of time with both

If you had people who only played halo 2 go back and play halo CE which one was easier to shoot and maneuver in, they'd unanimously say halo: CE.

The games simply play much differently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kSrmyYF_Vk

A 'low level casual' player might not be able to verbalize the differences. But if they played both games back to back, they'd note that H2s feels more accessible... and that's because the game inarguably holds your hand more in every mechanical aspect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OG vs nV scrim tonight. Optic is up 2-1 as of right now, per !series 

@@TheSimms

Is there going to be a rule book for this Worlds season coming out at some point?

Because I'd like some offical clarification on whether or not top teams that have already qualified at earlier LANs won't be locked out of future LANs. (Assuming the rule book covers that)

just noticed an accidental mobile neg on this. gonna go back on some +rep .bump bc i want to know this too @@TheSimms

Snakebite is a fkn hypocrite :kappa:

As long as he keeps competiting in the upcoming years I'm sure he'll have plenty of west coast vacation opportunities

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

No news on any new Str8 Rippin rosters? Want to see if they can escape rostermania with a squad to rival Optic and nV.

Snakebite is a fkn hypocrite :kappa:

LOL yea the person that tweeted me that was trolling about that tweet. When I say vacation I just mean somewhere other than Cali/where we go for events. I wouldn't miss days of practice to go on a "vacation". That's the difference xD

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

LOL yea the person that tweeted me that was trolling about that tweet. When I say vacation I just mean somewhere other than Cali/where we go for events. I wouldn't miss days of practice to go on a "vacation". That's the difference xD

I was the one tweeting you that. I was just messing homie :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know we've been off topic here, but I thought I'd comment on this part.

When I asked Hardy LeBel what his influence was for Halo CE's multiplayer, he listed Vigilante 8 as one of the games. For those that don't know what Vigilante 8 is, it's the PG version of Twisted Metal that was available on N64. It's a very fun arena driving shooting game that anyone could pick up and play. He wanted Halo CE to feel like that, a game where 4 people who never touched an xbox controller can pick up the sticks, walk around and have fun.

Yep.

Unfortunately H5 is not like this.

It's just oh so ironic that the same things that would make the game more accessible to casual players are the same things that most hardcore players want out of a new Halo game.

No news on any new Str8 Rippin rosters? Want to see if they can escape rostermania with a squad to rival Optic and nV.

I just want my merch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja's montage was top 3 of all H5 montages so far. (Ninja's, Spartan's and Kampy's have been the best imo). Now I just wish he would get on a good squad and start grinding Halo again.

Ninja's montage was top 3 of all H5 montages so far. (Ninja's, Spartan's and Kampy's have been the best imo). Now I just wish he would get on a good squad and start grinding Halo again.

I agree with the preceding sentiments. However, everyone likes Penguin.

As far as i know dps is the same. Dunno the point honestly. Its not gonna keep you off radar since youre gonna be strafing anyway

EDIT: just figured out the point. Since you spawn with ARs already, putting silenced ARs on the map is a way to make it look like there are more map pickups than there really are.... its kind of genius really. Ghost is tricking the peeps at 343 that want MOAR STUFF.

Guys. They're silenced ARs. They're like normal ARs, but silenced. As in you have to be right next to someone to hear their firing audio. 

It does seem like a pretty silly change to me too though.

I hate the trend in montage editing to skip through all the time between kills. Much of what makes kills sick is the context which is shown in the time before and after the kills. Nowadays montages are just a compilation of a bunch of literal moments in which sniper headshots are acquired with little to no setup before them. I don't know why they like to do this.

Easier to sync up the shots to the music, and allows for more clips to be used in a shorter amount of time.

• Upvote (+1) 5