CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja's montage was great. Loved the bit especially with Cratos saying he's the best game while getting Ninja'd by Ninja, lmao. It also made a change from the Snipetality montage's we've been getting that all feel a bit the same; like they're cut and pasted from the same template. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Best pro H5 montage of the year I can understand. It was good, but I wasn't a big fan of the song choices especially the first one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought the Ninja montage had great pacing with its music at first I found it odd when the opening song started it was a bit too light and happy for a halo tage. Then it shifted and got very serious, I took it as progression or a look back at ninja as a person it started with halo reach clips and light music then shifted towards more serious and competition based clips and the music got heavy and ended with the current ninja logo.

I was watching it thinking man I disagree with some of the stuff he's said through the years but I've literally watched this kid grow up from his parents basement to an engaged man with a career and his own community he's for sure had an impact on the scene.

I still think the song itself was an odd choice but I could see the thought behind it.

(Sorry for making it not about the clips, just something I took from the video personally)

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think my favorite part of these pro montages are looking back at all the past teams that were.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to Arkanum and Assault?

Arkanum took a break after not qualifying with nV for Worlds and Assault... wasn't the best at H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People complain about no radar H5 being too chaotic but CE 4v4s were 10x more fast paced and chaotic as any other Halo game could wish to be. Even 2v2 CE went by faster than H5 slayer games. If 343 wanted a fast paced game they should have focused more on map design and less on each player being Iron Man.

post of the year 2016

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was it an okay post?

Sure.

Could it even have been a good post?

Maybe.

But if you think I'm just going to sit here and let you call this the "best post of 2016", or even the "best post of the last 3 hours" then you're dead fucking wrong, bud. You are in absolutely no position to make that distinction, and I demand that you preface your post with a disclaimer that this is just your opinion.

trigger warning - move to the nearest halo safe space.  its currently being used to shield supporters of radar from those who disagree with them.   :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

trigger warning - move to the nearest halo safe space.  its currently being used to shield supporters of radar from those who disagree with them.   :intensifies:

Are you mocking me?

Ninja's Halo 5 montage had amazing pacing which made it really fun to watch out of any Halo 5 montage that came out this year. The clips may have not been as amazing overall as Spartan's or Ace's montage, but Cjnew did an incredible job with the editing and with the transition of songs. I know Snip3down's montage will be out soon and the clips will most likely trump every montage that came out this year, but I'm confident Ninja's will still be better just from the enjoyment factor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've improved a lot just looking for a chance to show I'm really good now lol I need to stream tbh. Also if anyone saw me play at vegas they can vouch that I'm pretty gnarly now. Hopefully I'll be able to show y'all and make some folks happy. We shall seeee doooooooe

100% my favorite h2a player. Didn't really get into halo esports until h2a time and my first tournament was PGL Indy. Had a blast and followed Team Randa around to whatever station they played at.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

That moment when Optic's worst team is their CoD team.

Hey, they will never be as bad as Optic Halo was before Maniac retired.

• Upvote (+1) 9

You'd be surprised how many people don't fit the description of casual or competive. Waypoint is a vocal minority, just like team beyond is.

And half of those people probably never even played CE.

I used to run with about 30 people in school during the CE - 2 days. None of us were 'competitive'. I think the highest rank any of us got was a 42.most of us were in the 25-35 range before cheaters started taking over. Didn't know about button combos. We new about super jumps though. None of us played the hardcore playlist....none of us followed mlg.

Still it was no secret among us average joes that halo 2 was much more "noob friendly' than CE. is obvious moments after you pick up a weapon in Cairo station and transfers right over to the MP.

Anyway. I gotta stop shitting up this thread. Making a habit.

I wouldn't call a 25-30 a casual either, that's still higher than most players. The thing is, most players who don't pay attention to anything related to aim assist will not realize the difference between these games. They just hear things and believe it. I bet if I run a poll on waypoint or r/halo right now asking which halo had the least amount of aim assist they would still choose halo 5, just because 343i said it did. A lot of bad players (bronze-low plat I guess) don't pay attention to details.