CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This. I have been playing 1-2 hours every day since the update. I also play customs octagon before every session. I just fire up the game and lobby fills up in no time without me inviting engine. Awesome.

The randomness of octagon opponents is great. I've been utterly humiliated and also forced people to rage quit. I actually feel like I can improve my game now

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I watched Snakebite's rebroadcast yesterday with him ranting about 343's process when dealing with competitive settings and I honestly haven't laughed so hard while watching his stream, ever. That was pure gold and I wish he would show that side of him more often. It's fine to be a true professional most of the time, but sometimes you just got let the walls down express how you really feel here and there. I thought I was watching a Lethul stream.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can anyone explain the addition of silenced ars?

do they have a lower dps? im sure its not for keeping you off radar so i don't know what other reason you'd have for silenced v non-silenced

do they have a lower dps? im sure its not for keeping you off radar so i don't know what other reason you'd have for silenced v non-silenced

As far as i know dps is the same. Dunno the point honestly. Its not gonna keep you off radar since youre gonna be strafing anyway

EDIT: just figured out the point. Since you spawn with ARs already, putting silenced ARs on the map is a way to make it look like there are more map pickups than there really are.... its kind of genius really. Ghost is tricking the peeps at 343 that want MOAR STUFF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damage is the same. It keeps you off radar if you're standing still or not moving at full speed.

Here's what they said in the blog post:

wg5hrOV.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Damage is the same. It keeps you off radar if you're standing still.

so we can have weapons that help us stay off radar, but we cant remove radar. at least not yet. at that point just make it so radar only shows people firing cuz no one is shooting while standing still

I can't explain it, but just trust me when I say it saved Halo.

Had an epiphany so im going to say this again.

Silenced AR is a way to make it look like there are more weapons on the map than there effectively is, since you already spawn with an AR. its really pretty genius if you approach it from that pov. People that just WANT MOAR STUFF will think that there is, when effectively theres not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks for wasting my time with that completely fucking useless non-response. It truly baffles me why idiots on the internet think it's clever or productive to point out that people are stating opinions. Sorry, sport, but I'm not going to put "imo" after every sentence so you don't get your panties in a bunch. Get over it and write something intelligent or—and I'm sure this will be difficult for you—shut up.

YoXwo7m.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as i know dps is the same. Dunno the point honestly. Its not gonna keep you off radar since youre gonna be strafing anyway

EDIT: just figured out the point. Since you spawn with ARs already, putting silenced ARs on the map is a way to make it look like there are more map pickups than there really are.... its kind of genius really. Ghost is tricking the peeps at 343 that want MOAR STUFF.

Well I played against Ghost the other day and I think I might know why they put the silenced AR on the map. He was crouching above me at some point on Fathom and started shooting me with it and it was almost confusing but fortunately I'm not actually deaf and thus it didn't help at all. There was just this split second of confusion that passed so quickly it didn't really change anything. Perhaps if someone doesn't play with a headset that would've been more disorienting or if it was just a little more quiet it might get drowned out by the rest of the game. 

The Coalition is great. :simms:

I wish I liked Gears of War more, the developers/community are so good.

You guys can't be following the Gears scene very close. TC has been downright scummy with the treatment of their game. They make 343 look like saints with the way they handle their microtransactions, game updates, weapon tuning, and general communications. They do an alright job with the eSports scene, but the general game is in a bad state.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I watched Snakebite's rebroadcast yesterday with him ranting about 343's process when dealing with competitive settings and I honestly haven't laughed so hard while watching his stream, ever. That was pure gold and I wish he would show that side of him more often. It's fine to be a true professional most of the time, but time sometimes you just got let the walls down express how you really feel here and there. I thought I was watching a Lethul stream.

Timestamp? :)

You guys can't be following the Gears scene very close. TC has been downright scummy with the treatment of their game. They make 343 look like saints with the way they handle their microtransactions, game updates, weapon tuning, and general communications. They do an alright job with the eSports scene, but the general game is in a bad state.

I don't think a lot of people in this forum plays Gears and just watch the eSports scene from a distance. The game itself is one of the worst implementations of micro transactions in all of the currently available titles.

I can't explain it, but just trust me when I say it saved Halo.

Silenced ARs are the fifth and final component in 343's arcane ritual to summon competitiveness to Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 5

Accidental mobile neg on a site admin....

Looks like my days left on these forums are numbered.

i wouldve been banned a long time ago

oh wait i was. u better apologize asap