CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

watching og scrim liquid. gun battles look more like COD than i remember before. or has it been that way all this time?

Probably just seeing Penguin a lot. He uses his AR 75% of the time
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Probably just seeing Penguin a lot. He uses his AR 75% of the time

i think you're right

i do think maybe i've been wearing blinders for awhile now, though

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd really appreciate it if you would preface your posts with some kind of a disclaimer stating that the contents of your post are not factual and/or unanimously agreed upon.

Why should I? Unless pros were scrimming without shields, the idea that gun battles looked like COD battles is BS.

Anyone who doesn't agree with that is objectively wrong.

In a forum with various opinions being thrown about, few comments will be unanimously agreed upon. It goes without saying.

Why should I? Unless pros were scrimming without shields, the idea that gun battles looked like COD battles is BS.

In a forum with various opinions being thrown about, few comments will be unanimously agreed upon. It goes without saying.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

After careful consideration of your aforementioned arguments, I have decided that you're right and I will edit my post shortly to reflect this.

edit: ƚʜiƨ

Question where do you place H5 on the list of esports games? In terms of exposure, org interest, and money.

Unfortunately its currently at the bottom of all prominent titles. This is obvious by the lack of exposure in media outlets that cover esports. For a while I had convinced Slingshot to give it a chance but unfortunately they aren't rolling with it either at the moment.

In a weird way part of the problem is us to be honest. I love this forum as much as the rest of you do, but we've segregated ourselves from the rest of the halo community making the community seem much more disjointed. Look at league of legends or CSGO. The ENTIRE population of the game congregates on those subreddits and upvotes both competitive and casual content. None of us ever frequent /r/halo so most of the competitive content never gets upvoted there so the casuals don't see it and therefore don't interact with it. As much as people hate to admit it reddit drives an insane amount of esports traffic and we just don't have a presence there.

I honestly think if we want Halo to grow we could all open up that subreddit at least once a day and try to find ways to interact and support the few pieces of competitive content that make it there.

• Upvote (+1) 7

giphy.gif

Oh my bad. Lol (I guess)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

roy and lunch scrimming with trippey and renegade

Wonder what happened with APG & Ace... cold feet?

Also know APG, Heinz, Commonly were in a skype call earlier, their voices were all overheard on Randa's stream.

TL doing alright against Optic. 4-6, though Optic hasn't scrimmed in a while.

Edit: Roy, Lunch, Trippey, & Renegade up 3-2 against Predev, Bubu, Shooter & Falcated (not Contra as in previous nights).

Edit 2: OG 8-5 TL according to Frosty stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder what happened with APG & Ace... cold feet?

Also know APG, Heinz, Commonly were in a skype call earlier, their voices were all overheard on Randa's stream.

TL doing alright against Optic. 4-6, though Optic hasn't scrimmed in a while.

Edit: Roy, Lunch, Trippey, & Renegade up 3-2 against Predev, Bubu, Shooter & Falcated (not Contra as in previous nights).

Edit 2: OG 8-5 TL according to Frosty stream.

contra is fixing his sleep schedule tonight

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unfortunately its currently at the bottom of all prominent titles. This is obvious by the lack of exposure in media outlets that cover esports. For a while I had convinced Slingshot to give it a chance but unfortunately they aren't rolling with it either at the moment.

In a weird way part of the problem is us to be honest. I love this forum as much as the rest of you do, but we've segregated ourselves from the rest of the halo community making the community seem much more disjointed. Look at league of legends or CSGO. The ENTIRE population of the game congregates on those subreddits and upvotes both competitive and casual content. None of us ever frequent /r/halo so most of the competitive content never gets upvoted there so the casuals don't see it and therefore don't interact with it. As much as people hate to admit it reddit drives an insane amount of esports traffic and we just don't have a presence there.

I honestly think if we want Halo to grow we could all open up that subreddit at least once a day and try to find ways to interact and support the few pieces of competitive content that make it there.

Honestly i feel like 343s playlist management has pushed to new heights, the animosity between halo's fundamental player groups.

343s hesitation to give each group the targeted playlists they deserve, has lead each group to feel 343 has been ignoring them.

Casual players feel the game is too mlg. Esports fan feel like it's too casual. And those of us who find our sensibilities to be somewhere between causal and competitive STILL can't play ranked gametypes unless they are HCS approved,which limits the variety we've come to expect from an objective playlists.

These groups are too busy fighting for proper representation, that they never show up in support of reach other. Trying to get casuals and 'inbetweeners' to support Halo esports is going to be tough when they view esports as a threat to the things they love in halo (autos, radar, etc).

• Upvote (+1) 9

OT but please tell me you weren't playing the Friday the 13th game beta a few hrs ago

Negative, never heard of any Friday the 13th game other than the one on NES, which was awesome.

Negative, never heard of any Friday the 13th game other than the one on NES, which was awesome.

LOL thank god dude. I played with someone named TheFloyd and he was a huge fk boy

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL thank god dude. I played with someone named TheFloyd and he was a huge fk boy

What?!?!?! Someone shaming my name. This monster must be stopped.

• Upvote (+1) 6

giphy.gif

You stole the GIF I used like 6 pages ago! MODS! PURGE THIS HEATHEN!  :wutface:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wonder what the story is with Ace/APG not scrimming with Roybox tonight? Probably just a logistical reason OR:

Str8 Rippin org is pissed about possibly losing their team and exerting pressure / convincing APG and possibly Ace that they're better off with Heinz (and maybe Commonly as new fourth) than going to EG (personally, I also believe this, but am a biased Heinz fan).

Wonder what the story is with Ace/APG not scrimming with Roybox tonight? Probably just a logistical reason OR:

Str8 Rippin org is pissed about possibly losing their team and exerting pressure / convincing APG and possibly Ace that they're better off with Heinz (and maybe Commonly as new fourth) than going to EG (personally, I also believe this, but am a biased Heinz fan).

Count me in The Heinz fan club too