CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Solid cherry-picking there, bud. Just keep telling yourself that going from number 1 for 3 straight years to falling well behind LAST YEAR'S CoD (on one platform) is anything resembling good.

For me, the good is that it's definitely improvement from halo 4 and the disaster of the MCC release. The fact that people were still willing to buy and play Halo 5 speaks to how strong the fanbase was before that shitty sequence of years.

Personally, I have no trust in 343 ever figuring it out, but I still like Halo 5 and don't consider it a "shit" game. It's definitely not on par with the first 3 Halo's, but I think I'd rather play it than Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Why are you retiring?" "HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE BALLOONS MAN?" Homeboy let the community down :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been thinking the same thing. It's going to make it even sweeter when nV lose to TL again in LB, or when they get crushed in WB finals.

It's almost like most of them aren't actual esports casters/analysts, just washed up halo players trying to cast/analyze.

i have to give props to walshy and elumnite for at least being rational.

Halo 5 isn't a good game. We're pretty much only watching because 1. Million dollar prize 2. we're addicts

I enjoy Halo 5 flaws and all. I am watching because I enjoy it and Because I care about Halo. Nostalgia has nothing on me.

Gotta love how little viewership a million dollar prize pool gets on Twitch.  Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's because people don't want to watch a generic modern FPS that isn't really Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Solid cherry-picking there, bud. Just keep telling yourself that going from number 1 for 3 straight years to falling well behind LAST YEAR'S CoD (on one platform) is anything resembling good.

no. just accepting, that Halo is not THE game from 10 years ago anymore and that is not a terrible or bad thing.

​and accepting, that it's fine where it is. and also how the game is

​Quake, Warcraft, Starcraft, Call of Duty

​all not as big as they used to be anymore. So what? things change.

​Today it is all about Moba or Hero Shooter

​Even with all those changes many proclaim here and trying to bring back Halo 2 or 3 feelings, the game will never be the same again. The audience won't be and the success won't be

guys that was contra that typed that. he's a mod in the chat

Someone who is actually paying attention!

It's almost like most of them aren't actual esports casters/analysts, just washed up halo players trying to cast/analyze.

It's no different on the MNF pregame show I compared it to. It's one professional broadcaster, Suzy Kolber, with retired players in Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Randy Moss, Ray Lewis, and Charles Woodson. It's really just a production direction issue. Axel Toss needs to be directed to steer the conversation toward analysis rather than just, "Ghost, what are your predictions?" If Ray Lewis was left to his own devices he would ramble on about nothing just the way our broadcast does now. There just needs to be a more intentional effort to guide where our analysis conversation goes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sunday update: had to check out of the hotel and everything, got here 9:45. Currently waiting in the overflow tent for a spot in main stage. 8 people in front of me, about 25-30 behind. Will I make it into main stage by grand finals? Stay tuned.

May the odds be ever in your favor. 

• Upvote (+1) 3